Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: we got him

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Geezus.

Mind = Blown.
    Yeah, that's the new and improved PF laying it out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Or if we trade players for picks and start to jettison some of the old players with bloated contracts for young players.

Imagine if we would trade JA for a first next year and a second this year that lets us get Teo this year in the second and then use the two firsts next year to move up and get Johnny Football.
    You see how many "Great" vets are sitting on the pine waiting for a job? I don't think you are going to see alot of teams clamoring at the door for our old vets.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    There would be for this one.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    What a fucking draft!!! But who is going to play MLB?
    Larry Dean!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Larry Dean!

=Z=
    Audie Cole......

Or, my guess, they've had one of these guys on speed dial.....

Kirk Morrison

9 Years

Kirk Morrison, LB for the Buffalo Bills at NFL.com

Keith Brooking

16 years

Keith Brooking Stats - ESPN

Omar Gaither

9 years
    Omar Gaither, LB for the Oakland Raiders at NFL.com

......or the Henderson to MLB thing is going to come true.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    If you take a look at what each of their remaining picks are worth (in this years draft) we can't move up and do anything. We just don't have the value left.

Only way they move up is to start using picks from next year. I think that is crazy talk but it might happen.
    The Raiders could be the crazy team to dance with too, they have a huge amount of dead cap space thanks to thee ghost of Al Davis, they can't fix everything this year and they know it and if the guy the Vikings want is still there at 42 it might happen....

I think Spielman made a big commitment to the program this year (and near future) by going out and getting Patterson he could make another play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    The Raiders could be the crazy team to dance with too, they have a huge amount of dead cap space thanks to thee ghost of Al Davis, they can't fix everything this year and they know it and if the guy the Vikings want is still there at 42 it might happen....

I think Spielman made a big commitment to the program this year (and near future) by going out and getting Patterson he could make another play tonight.
    I hope so but doubt it. Only way he can, that I can see, is to go ahead and use next years picks. Again, that is like shopping for something with a credit card you can't pay back.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I hope so but doubt it. Only way he can, that I can see, is to go ahead and use next years picks. Again, that is like shopping for something with a credit card you can't pay back.
    I don't think that its that big a price, look how many 1st's the skins gave up for RGIII, heck if you look at the niners at 34 our first next year isn't that much.....unless we're draft in the top ten but that probably isn't going to happen

and the niners have less than a mill currently in cap space

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I don't think that its that big a price, look how many 1st's the skins gave up for RGIII, heck if you look at the niners at 34 our first next year isn't that much.....unless we're draft in the top ten but that probably isn't going to happen

and the niners have less than a mill currently in cap space
    You see what the Rams did with the 22th pick last night? Traded down and added more picks and still got Ogletree. Thanks Washington.

Who did the Redskins add?

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Cool

Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!! What a draft!!! Holy smokes, the drunken haze has cleared and we still have 3 first round, potential steals in Purple!!??! Wow.

Going into the night, my hopes were that DJ Hayden was going to push Rhodes down to us, and that we'd go for the WR with more experience and production, who is more likely to contribute in year one, De Hopkins.

But then I saw 5 of the first 10 picks go OL, the one position we're not looking at, and then, 8 of the first 20 were OL and I'm starting to freak out because at our positions of need, nearly nothing has gone off the board, and now I'm really, really into who the Bengals and Rams are going to pick in front of us, cuz they both had similar holes, and then Eifert goes, who we already have a clone of, and then Trufant goes to ATL with their move up and I'm going back through the draft, thinking "holy fucking shit, is Floyd really still there for us!???" Wow. Great, top ten value at 23, and he goes into a great situation playing with and learning from KWill, while still having 3 solid outside rushers too...Purple People Eaters anyone!??

And then IND goes with the DE, and I'm thinking wow, we've still got pick of the litter at several spots of need!? Adding Rhodes to Cook gives us a pair of tall, outside CBs who can play solid man coverage against the big body weapons we see so much of, while Robinson and Jefferson are great depth and at least one them should be able to shine in the nickel. And, reading between the lines a bit here, you've got to hope that Rhodes' selection means we will see more man coverage mixed in with our zone, cuz it says he's not so good in zone, while being very at home in a WR's hip pocket, right up on them step for step. Most mocks had him going by 15 at the latest, so at 25, he is another great value pick. And I'm stoked, and thinking, we are really focused on keeping our defense tough, and as much as I wanted a WR, I like our old school approach, and love the value picks we made. At this point I'm already in celebration mode, and the whiskey bottle is going around the room again and starting to get a little light!

And then Shefter shows up on the screen blabbing something about the Vikings talking trade with NE and I almost think I'm hallucinating, and they go to commercial and come back and we're on the freaking clock and the talking heads are all saying Te'o, until Gruden brings up the return game we lost with Harvin, and says Patterson might be our pick, and I'm nodding my head and probably drooling in my beer a little...LOL! Fuckin Fuck Yeah!! The kid may be raw with only 46 NCAA receptions, but he also rushed 25 times for 208 yards and 3 TDs and scored as a punt and kickoff returner!!! Immediate contributor on STs at least, who has the speed to go deep, and lets us leave some of the Harvin specific plays we'd come up with in the playbook. Plus, he's got 3" and 30 lbs on PH!~!

SKOL VIKINGS!!! NICE DRAFT!!!

Now we just gotta hope they all live up to their potential!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast