Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: we got him

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I think you can say that for Rhodes as well. I had him as high as 1-9 to the Jets in my final. I'm sure that with those two on the board the whole game plan went out the window.

The last minute trade for Patterson kindof bares that out. They obviously had one of the two (23/25) tagged for him.
    I believe that as well. I can't speak of Rhodes talent, but when I saw Mayock had Floyd sitting at #2 & he was still available at #23, I was hoping like hell they'd grab him.

Then when they took Rhodes at #25 when I thought they'd go for Ogletree, T'eo or a WR, I felt the Vikings were going to move up to grab one of those 3, but I thought it would happen once 1 of the 3 was taken or really early in the second.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I believe that as well. I can't speak of Rhodes talent, but when I saw Mayock had Floyd sitting at #2 & he was still available at #23, I was hoping like hell they'd grab him.

Then when they took Rhodes at #25 when I thought they'd go for Ogletree, T'eo or a WR, I felt the Vikings were going to move up to grab one of those 3, but I thought it would happen once 1 of the 3 was taken or really early in the second.
    I thought they would move up for Patterson but not until tonight. Damned if I didn't almost crap myself when they announced the trade with the Pats.

You gonna start giving it up for ole Ricky boy yet?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Viking in Arkansas is offline Training Camp
    I love what we did with the first round. Personally, I would have rather drafted Ogletree with that 3rd pick, and then tried to get Cobi Hamilton later in the draft. Many people are overlooking Hamilton, but the guy is definitely going to prove to be a steal in this draft. He lead the SEC in receiving this year, and was a sprinter on the best track team in the country. The guy is a beast after the catch, too. Large frame, good hands, good speed, just needs to work on route running/footwork.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I thought they would move up for Patterson but not until tonight. Damned if I didn't almost crap myself when they announced the trade with the Pats.

Lets see how they play, but I like the picks & positions we took. I'm just not 100% sold on whether giving up the 2nd, 3rd & 4th was worth it. 2 of the 3 plus 2 or 3 5th, 6th or 7th rounders maybe, but 2, 3 & 4?

I'd rather trade up than down though & get a few quality players than a bunch of mediocre players.

For a second there though, I was hoping they'd take Geno Smith, just to see you get your panties in a bunch & read one of your full page rants.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Lets see how they play, but I like the picks & positions we took. I'm just not 100% sold on whether giving up the 2nd, 3rd & 4th was worth it. 2 of the 3 plus 2 or 3 5th, 6th or 7th rounders maybe, but 2, 3 & 4?

I'd rather trade up than down though & get a few quality players than a bunch of mediocre players.

For a second there though, I was hoping they'd take Geno Smith, just to see you get your panties in a bunch & read one of your full page rants.
    You crack me up.

If you look at the team, we don't have alot of room for starters. Mix that in with a limited amount of CAP and I can see why they wouldn't want to use all their picks individually this year. I mean seriously, they had 11 and it isn't like they are now out of the draft.

There is some nice depth in this draft for areas of concern that can still be addressed. For others, we have lots of youngsters on the bench that should be starting to step up even more than they have in the past.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I don't expect this to happen but I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings made another move tonight, there are teams like the niners with more picks than they can use on their roster this year or Cowboys with no cap space that might defer a pick this year for a pick in next years draft....which would be in the round above (getting a second this year would cost next years first)

Now Te'o was projected to be a first rounder this year by a big haired guy I wonder if Rick would move back in to get him, after seeing the move to get Patterson it wouldn't surprise me but at the same time I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen either

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I don't expect this to happen but I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings made another move tonight, there are teams like the niners with more picks than they can use on their roster this year or Cowboys with no cap space that might defer a pick this year for a pick in next years draft....which would be in the round above (getting a second this year would cost next years first)

Now Te'o was projected to be a first rounder this year by a big haired guy I wonder if Rick would move back in to get him, after seeing the move to get Patterson it wouldn't surprise me but at the same time I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen either
    If you take a look at what each of their remaining picks are worth (in this years draft) we can't move up and do anything. We just don't have the value left.

Only way they move up is to start using picks from next year. I think that is crazy talk but it might happen.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Would've been really nice to get Seattle's 3rd from this year for Harvin.

We don't pick again til 120, and have 4 more after that. I wouldn't hate giving up next years additional third now to move up into this years third round.

I'd really like to get a linebacker on day 2.

If we don't, it will still have been a very successful three rounds.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If you take a look at what each of their remaining picks are worth (in this years draft) we can't move up and do anything. We just don't have the value left.

Only way they move up is to start using picks from next year. I think that is crazy talk but it might happen.
    Or if we trade players for picks and start to jettison some of the old players with bloated contracts for young players.

Imagine if we would trade JA for a first next year and a second this year that lets us get Teo this year in the second and then use the two firsts next year to move up and get Johnny Football.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Or if we trade players for picks and start to jettison some of the old players with bloated contracts for young players.

Imagine if we would trade JA for a first next year and a second this year that lets us get Teo this year in the second and then use the two firsts next year to move up and get Johnny Football.
    Geezus.

Mind = Blown.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast