Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: we got him

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Rhoades is 6'2 and he runs a 4.43. Great press corner. He is going to be our attempted answer to Calvin Johnson. Definitely would have been gone within the next couple picks. No way he would have made it to where we drafted Patterson.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    What a fucking draft!!! But who is going to play MLB?
    My prediction is Urlacher in 2013.

Good draft Minnesota.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gregair13 View Post
    We got killed, murdered, assassinated, plowed, AND beat down in that trade. For sure gave up way to much to move into that spot.

But in reality, who cares.

We have three players who can start right now and address exactly what we need.

And still have a bunch of picks late. Had too many picks anyways, so might as well trade some of them away and get a guy we really like.

BAM SKOL VIKINGS.
    the pats first round pick according to the draft value card was worth 640 and the total of what we gave up was 642 so thats the cost of moving back into the 1st round....but we did get 3 picks that could make an impact and we now pick again in the 4th round

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    the pats first round pick according to the draft value card was worth 640 and the total of what we gave up was 642 so thats the cost of moving back into the 1st round....but we did get 3 picks that could make an impact and we now pick again in the 4th round
    I have never been a fan of trading up because it always looks so bad, but I am stoked about the final product of what we were able to get today. Three impact players to help us right now.
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by gregair13 View Post
    I have never been a fan of trading up because it always looks so bad, but I am stoked about the final product of what we were able to get today. Three impact players to help us right now.
    Well we have to give up the picks to have the cap space to sign 3 first rounder too

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Well we have to give up the picks to have the cap space to sign 3 first rounder too
    Yes exactly. Pretty sure I put that in another post somewhere.
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    My prediction is Urlacher in 2013.

Good draft Minnesota.
    Well Spielman has Friday free he might get Urlacher or Dansby signed on his day off

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th for a number 1?

That's a lot to give up for an unknown player that is a project.

A lot of value will slip into the 2nd and 3rd.

The Packers draft well because they get 1st round production from late picks. The Vikings burn picks instead. This guy better be the second coming of some godly player.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th for a number 1?

That's a lot to give up for an unknown player that is a project.

A lot of value will slip into the 2nd and 3rd.

The Packers draft well because they get 1st round production from late picks. The Vikings burn picks instead. This guy better be the second coming of some godly player.
    Ya it sucks we don't have a 2nd or 3rd but we have a ton of picks yet. 3rd through 7th are a crap shoot anyway. We got three players that were all first round talent. Patterson was going to go off the board before we got a chance to pick again. Heck someone might have even taken him in the first round.

Would you rather take a chance of getting a started with the 2nd and 3rd round picks or move up and get a the guy you want that is a first rounder and will start. I would take a sure thing over a lottery ticket any day.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Look at a depth chart and see how many starters we had last year that were draft picks of the Minnesota Vikings. Now slip in our players we just drafted. This team could possibly be built ground up by next year or the year after.

Point is we have a lot of starters that were drafted by us and now add the 3 first rounders today.

None of these guys are a T Will or a Mike Williams.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast