Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: we got him

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Kind of a gut feeling...but is it just me, or doesn't it look like Floyd and Rhodes are focused and ready to go to work, ...
    Floyd looks like he is taking a photo standing next to his girlfriend's father. Rhodes looks like he just did my taxes or is joining the new Temptations.

... while Patterson is just so freaking stoked he doesn't even know where to look, how to act, or just how silly he looks with that hat up on his dread-bun up on the back of his head!???
    Patterson looks like he is psyched to be here. That's is ok. It is a change from Harvin.

Also ... defense, defense, offense. See the difference?
    Last edited by Minniman; 04-27-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    It would have been nice had the Vikings given up the second 4th round pick rather than the earlier pick they received from Detroit. The picks are half a round apart, and that can make a difference in mid rounds.

Tavon Austin was the top receiver on most boards. Patterson was the 2nd to 4th receiver on most boards and mock drafts I have seen. He was behind Austin, DeAndre Hopkins, and flip-flopped with teammate Justin Hunter on many boards. Patterson had only a mid 2nd round ranking on some of them.

That is not to say Patterson could not be a great player; it is saying that most boards did not name him the top guy, and both Austin (8th) and Hopkins (27th) were drafted sooner in reality. Hunter went just five picks later (34th overall).

Austin is a Harvin like jitterbug slot guy, but he is small like Harvin too, and that will limit him in the back of the endzone. Hunter is taller than Patterson and runs better routes, but he has not shown the open space ability that Patterson has. Patterson could become a Moss style monster, or he could bust.

In my opinion, the best receiver on film was tight end Tyler Eifert, but I do believe Patterson has the most upside to bring to the NFL if he trains well and becomes experienced.

The Vikings should send Patterson to Cris Carter's receiver camp this summer.
    Up until everyone started chanting his play making abilities, Austin was either 2 or 3 on most boards. Did that change the last week? Sure, but that doesn't mean that Patterson was at the top leading up until that week.

21) Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (17): Scouts have cooled on Patterson due to his limited major-college experience -- he only spent one year at Tennessee after a stellar JUCO career -- and unrefined route-running skills. He remains the top vertical receiver in the draft, but there are questions about his ability to develop into a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the NFL.
    Geno Smith, Tavon Austin rise in 2013 NFL Draft Big Board 3.0 - NFL.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Patterson may not even be the best receiver from Tennessee. Hunter is taller, has better vertical, and is the same speed. The Vikings could have moved up in round 2 for a lot less cost. Patterson is a good pick up, but he was a player the Vikings paid a lot to move up to pick when he could have dropped to the mid second round. It was not a good value trade for the Vikings, and it was exactly what I stated prior to the draft the Vikings could end up doing.
    Hunter is all that but Patterson has some crazy skills when he has the ball in his hands. Percy type stuff, I am not comparing him to Percy but he does some of the things that Harvin did. He will work the reverses, sweeps, Hicthes and may even line up in the backfield. They will have packages for him this season, you just wait and see. They would not do those types of things with Hunter.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 04-30-2013 at 01:09 PM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Hunter is all that but Patterson has some crazy skills when he the ball in his hands. Percy type stuff, I am not comparing him to Percy but he does some of the things that Harvin did. He will work the reverses, sweeps, Hicthes and may even line up in the backfield. They will have packages for him this season, you just wait and see. They would not do those types of things with Hunter.
    In my first mock I had Hunter being selected by the Vikes. That was before the whole Percy and the extra pick thing.

After we traded Percy I was sure we would get him. I didn't have Patterson going to the Vikes until my last version.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    In my first mock I had Hunter being selected by the Vikes. That was before the whole Percy and the extra pick thing.

After we traded Percy I was sure we would get him. I didn't have Patterson going to the Vikes until my last version.
    I like Hunter better than Patterson and I think he will be a better WR this year and maybe next. But if Patterson is going to work at his craft and learns it, he will have the better career IMO. I was really big on Patterson in March and then cooled on him because we do not develop players that well, especially Wrs. But with Jennings in the fold, I kinda like the pick again. Jennings runs the BEST QUICK SLANT IN THE GAME. And if Patterson can learn that from him, he will be one of the most dangerous WRs in the game.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Thought this thread was about Bobby Wade at first... really wish we'd re-sign him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Thought this thread was about Bobby Wade at first... really wish we'd re-sign him.
    You crack me up.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112