Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: we got him

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

we got him

Not only that but you said this D is not suited for press corners!!!!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 04-27-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    +1 and +2 haha. Marty is always right though . Not saying I never said anything stupid last year. Lost a bet on Donovan McNabb and made a website to fire a pretty fucking awesome GM. But don't act like you said it all along when we all know you didn't. Congrats on your warpig though! Shariff Floyd is a monster. I can say pretty confidently that you supported that one from the beginning lol

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Wow, that whole crew was all about that pick!

Never thought he'd be there for us, so I had only watched a little video, but wow, after finding more this mornin, this kid has got some skills! Hell, he even completes a pass or two, making the end-around more dangerous. Super versatile, super athletic, if he's willing to work and keep his head in the game, he could be special. I hope he wears #84 and does it proud!!
    #84 it is...........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    made a website to fire a pretty fucking awesome GM.
    You did what!? o_O

Last edited by HEY; 04-27-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    +1 and +2 haha. Marty is always right though . Not saying I never said anything stupid last year. Lost a bet on Donovan McNabb and made a website to fire a pretty fucking awesome GM. But don't act like you said it all along when we all know you didn't. Congrats on your warpig though! Shariff Floyd is a monster. I can say pretty confidently that you supported that one from the beginning lol
    Ahh, we all make bad calls from time to time.at least you manned up and stuck around.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I think the compensation was fair...

1-29 = 640 pts
    2-52 = 380
    3-83 = 175
    4-102 = 92
    Total = 647

Seventh rounder probably wasn't needed. About right though.
    It would have been nice had the Vikings given up the second 4th round pick rather than the earlier pick they received from Detroit. The picks are half a round apart, and that can make a difference in mid rounds.

Kid was "on most boards" the top WR in this class. If nothing else he brings a pretty damn good returner to the team that has loads and loads up upside wrt running the routes when he learns them.
    Tavon Austin was the top receiver on most boards. Patterson was the 2nd to 4th receiver on most boards and mock drafts I have seen. He was behind Austin, DeAndre Hopkins, and flip-flopped with teammate Justin Hunter on many boards. Patterson had only a mid 2nd round ranking on some of them.

That is not to say Patterson could not be a great player; it is saying that most boards did not name him the top guy, and both Austin (8th) and Hopkins (27th) were drafted sooner in reality. Hunter went just five picks later (34th overall).

Austin is a Harvin like jitterbug slot guy, but he is small like Harvin too, and that will limit him in the back of the endzone. Hunter is taller than Patterson and runs better routes, but he has not shown the open space ability that Patterson has. Patterson could become a Moss style monster, or he could bust.

In my opinion, the best receiver on film was tight end Tyler Eifert, but I do believe Patterson has the most upside to bring to the NFL if he trains well and becomes experienced.

The Vikings should send Patterson to Cris Carter's receiver camp this summer.
    Last edited by Minniman; 04-27-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post

The Vikings should send Patterson to Cris Carter's receiver camp this summer.
    Couldn't agree more. That camp really set Rice apart during his breakout season, and would be worthwhile making sure Patterson goes. Put it as a contingency in his contract or something.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    #84 it is...........

Kind of a gut feeling...but is it just me, or doesn't it look like Floyd and Rhodes are focused and ready to go to work, while Patterson is just so freaking stoked he doesn't even know where to look, how to act, or just how silly he looks with that hat up on his dread-bun up on the back of his head!???

Kinda looks like the young, foolish guy...hope he doesn't make too many bad decisions!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Kind of a gut feeling...but is it just me, or doesn't it look like Floyd and Rhodes are focused and ready to go to work, while Patterson is just so freaking stoked he doesn't even know where to look, how to act, or just how silly he looks with that hat up on his dread-bun up on the back of his head!???

Kinda looks like the young, foolish guy...hope he doesn't make too many bad decisions!!
    Excited to play football is all I see.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast