Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    18
    I got more excited with his first completion than I have been all year with McNabb.

    Potential is enough for me at the moment after what we've been through.
    Australia: Where Monday Night Football is on a Tuesday

  2. #32
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    How in the hell does this thread not exist yet? Hello people.... We have a franchise QB! I was scared to rush him in, and I couldn't have been anymore wrong. This guy is the future. For the first time in years, I have hope. We have hope. This kid could be special. Chad Pennington? Give me a break. How about Steve Young? If he can stay healthy, we might actually be able to compete in the best division in football. I had concerns about his arm strength; couldn't have been anymore wrong. Even on his two interceptions, the reads were on-point. He just underestimated a hall of fame corner in Woodson. Those throws will come in time. He already looks heads and shoulders above Gabbert and Dalton. The only rookie with more potential is Cam Newton, and they are polar opposites. We need to draft Justin Blackmon in the first round, and a stud LT in the 2nd, and this team will be in business. Couldn't be happier at 1-6 right now. What's better than winning? Hope. And to know that we are FINALLY done with stop-gap geezer QB's.
    LOL!!... i hope this was tongue in cheek or in the least in jest!!

    Bit early to be crowning Ponder our "franchise qb".. will take more than game to convince me.

  3. #33
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ponder vs. Newton this weekend! I couldn't be more excited. The better QB play wins this game. Period.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  4. #34
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593
    Anyone know where you can find the video of the first series with PA doing the call of the game? I want to hear what he had to say about Ponders start, especially that first play...

  5. #35
    Panthersfan#89 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Ponder vs. Newton this weekend! I couldn't be more excited. The better QB play wins this game. Period.
    Your Defense better figure out how to get tons of pressure on Newton
    and confuse him, because Newton will out play Ponder otherwise.

  6. #36
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboe View Post
    Anyone know where you can find the video of the first series with PA doing the call of the game? I want to hear what he had to say about Ponders start, especially that first play...
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...module=HP11_cp

    I think that's PA doing most of the play calls with Visanthe mic'ed up for the rest. Not the whole first series but a taste of the homer play calls at least.

  7. #37
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

    [B]keep in mind that the Packers secondary is notorious for contact. They were in all likelihood disrupting his timing with the receivers.

    I won't complain about 13/32 for the first start. It was against the best team in the conference and super bowl champs.

    We're going against a defense half as good as Green Bay's next week. I'm excited to see what he can do.
    Um, the Packers had the worst pass defense going into the game. Not one of the worst, the worst.

    Carolina's pass defense isn't half as good as GB as you say, it's tougher than GB's. A lot tougher.

    Panthers pass defense is ranked 12th. GBs pass defense, after Ponder's 13-32, moved up one notch & is ranked 31st instead of 32.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #38
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593
    Quote Originally Posted by lakehubertviking View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...module=HP11_cp

    I think that's PA doing most of the play calls with Visanthe mic'ed up for the rest. Not the whole first series but a taste of the homer play calls at least.
    Thanks, that was good.

    Only thing I didn't like was VS clowning around through the Star Spangled Banner...

  9. #39
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Um, the Packers had the worst pass defense going into the game. Not one of the worst, the worst.

    Carolina's pass defense isn't half as good as GB as you say, it's tougher than GB's. A lot tougher.

    Panthers pass defense is ranked 12th. GBs pass defense, after Ponder's 13-32, moved up one notch & is ranked 31st instead of 32.
    To be fair, The packers are alomst always playing with a lead, that means the opponents pass more often, therefore more yards.

    That's what these rankings are based on, yards.

    Looking past the gross yards:

    #15th ranked completion percentage against
    #5 most attempts against
    #1 most interceptions for
    #20 1st down percentage
    #9 lowest QB rating against

  10. #40
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthersfan#89 View Post
    Your Defense better figure out how to get tons of pressure on Newton
    and confuse him, because Newton will out play Ponder otherwise.
    That's not necessarily true. If Ponder can stay poised and utilize the play-action like he did against Green Bay, Adrian Peterson will run wild. Our offense is one-dimensional without Ponder. If Ponder can't stay poised, you can stack 8-9 in the box, and stop our offense all day. Steve Smith will kill us, but I'm not worried about your running backs. I stand by my statement that the best QB play wins this game. Not individual statistic wise, but in terms of managing the game. Ponder doesn't have to out-run or out-pass Newton to win the QB battle. Ponder will get his first win if he can take pressure off of AP and make our offense multidimensional.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •