Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Are we as fans expecting to much from this team?

I was thinking that we would go 8-8. I figured that we had a new coach, new system, and the O-line was getting new faces, so I was thinking that we would have a rough season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I certainly expected a lot better from the left side of the line. I expected bigger holes to be opened up for Taylor & better protection for Brad's blind side.

McKinnie, Hutch & Birk aren't rookies or average everyday linemen. People claim they are still gelling or need to find their rythym, but yesterday was game 9 folks, not game 5.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I was thinking that we would go 8-8. I figured that we had a new coach, new system, and the O-line was getting new faces, so I was thinking that we would have a rough season.
    Make so much sense, doesn't it.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I can fully understand the O-Line having problems getting used to the new scheme, each other, and finding a rhythm. However, that is not the only problem our O-line is having. We are having pro bowl caliber lineman getting beat physically. Mckinney is getting beat around the edge, and Hutch and Birk simply get overpowered at least four times per game. That is unacceptable.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I can fully understand the O-Line having problems getting used to the new scheme, each other, and finding a rhythm. However, that is not the only problem our O-line is having. We are having pro bowl caliber lineman getting beat physically. Mckinney is getting beat around the edge, and Hutch and Birk simply get overpowered at least four times per game. That is unacceptable.
    Word.
    I've been waiting for Childress to call out the O line. This may be as close as he gets.

Del Rio Guest

I think anyone who has played organized sports (and there are many here) knows that sometimes struggles can linger and have a dominoe effect. Some of the best football is played when you are not thinking.

Early struggles are not easy to overcome. Some players try to make up for it by trying harder, some think too much, some just clam up.

At this point in the season it is going to take something big to break that "spell" IMO.

Either a benching or some extreeme succees. Riding high into the bye, maybe come out a bit too confident and get smacked in the mouth. Losing close games to inferior opponents. It all adds up.

what we need 2 do is start playing like we have nothing 2 lose, cuz if we keep playing like this we WILL have nothing 2 lose and it will be too late 2 change it. we need to be rabid dogs backed into a corner and lay all of our hearts on the line. that is all i have 2 say

Del Rio Guest

I think what needs to happen is some pride. I think hutch should take over. Being new he probably came in with caution. I am sure he is thinking things about his teamates play as well as his own. He needs to become vocal and if that means pulling his helmet off and throwing it across the field so be it.

Show some heart.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I try to never allow myself to have unreal expectations.
    I don't think it was out of line to expect us to beat San Fran...taht team flat out sucks!!
    I don't think it was unreasonable to expect us to beat Green Bay...they're supposed to be riding out the season in the cellar.

But, this disturbing trend of not being able to score...well...it's changing the way I see our chances.

I don't think it unreasonable to expect our team to be able to put 20+ points on the board against bad teams...yet time and again, we've failed to do so.

I agree with Del that a shake-up is needed on Offense.
    We've struggled all season to find receivers who won't drop critical balls.
    We've struggled all season to get any value out of our very expensive O-Line.
    We've faced the season KNOWING that Brad Johnson was our QB...come hell or high water.

Some of our issues are unchangeable - we don't have the people on the roster to alter those situations in a constructive fashion.
    Some are changeable but haven't been changed (Stupid penalties at critical points).
    At some point in time, someone on the Offense has to step up and say, "Hey!!
    We're not supposed to suck like this!!!
    We get paid to be better than we're playing!!".
    If that means calling our McKinnie, Hicks, and Marcus Johnson...go for it.
    If that means raking Williamson over the coals until he would rather die than drop another ball, so be it.
    If that means putting in Brooks Bollinger until Brad Johnson decides he wants to play QB...do it.

But something has to give.

Caine

tru dat tru dat del rio someone needs to step up and command this team. this team needs a tru on feild leader and everybody is kinda laying low. someone has got to step up and call some teammates out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast