Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Are we as fans expecting to much from this team?

What set the expectations high was our hot start & the excitment that went with it.

I read about "better players and better Coaching" to fuel these higher expectations, but the fact of the matter is Minnesota is in a "learning" mode and still as several needs to fill before it can compete somewhere north of fantasyland.

Funny thing is, it could be these very same players that lead us to the promised land . . . next season!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Heck no, we aren't expecting too much...except from THE REFS!!!

A few less mistakes (especially those STUPID penalties that are wiping out great plays and putting us in huge holes to start or sustain drives) and we would be in the driver's seat in the NFC North!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Thanku Cajun for finally showing some balls. I was disgusted as soon as I saw the topic. You guys made some good points-yes. But how did Miami beat Chicago?, how did the Saints become good?, and how did we beat Seattle?-because of heart! Anybody can win any given Sunday we need the fire back we've seen in the start of the season. Yeah, we could tweak some things on offense and dropping passes has been a knife in the back so far, but I think the main thing wrong with this team right now is they are doubting if they can win. Everyone that thinks signing one person would do the trick is most likely wrong. If they were right, they would be thinking of someone like Ray Lewis, or Brian Dawkins-emotional, never quitting leaders.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Really at this point, it doesn't matter what our expectations are for this team.. Whatever the hype is on this team each year during spring training, and training camp, they always seem to play worse then expected.. I have been a huge Viking fan since I started watching football as a young kid, I am now going on 29..

I have to admit, this is the only season where I have said numerous times in 1 game that I will not watch another Viking game this season.. These guys get my blood boiling like nothing else.. I swear, that my blood pressure rises each game.. I get way to pissed off, and the losses seem to bother me for a while after.. I am still usually pissed off when they play their next game..

Losing against GB, and SF in consecutive weeks is just unexcuseable.. There is no way that either of those teams have the talent that we have, yet we get beat by them.. It has alot to do with the play calling, but it rest on the players shoulders.. You have SF that was giving up an average of 31 points a game, and we score a dam FG.. This week even though our front 4 stopped the run all day long against GB, they didn't put pressure on Favre.. Any true fan knows, that if you rile up Favre, he makes many mistakes.. So stopping the run didn't mean crap, when our secondary got lit up by Favre..

This in all is a very frustrating season.. I have no hope for these boys for the rest of the year.. I was optimistic coming into the season, but from years past, I had a feeling that the Vikes would mess it up somehow.. Oh well, I guess there is always next year right?

VikesFaninWis-WTF ARE U KIDDING ME?????????? Does anyone out there still root for this team? God-until we're out we're not out.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    I have been asking myself this all day. and the honest answer is, I think we might be. Is the team rippable for several things. Yes. and I ahev done my share of ripping as well.Is it justified? maybe. But if we really ask ourselves what do we expect from this team will we honestly say at least record wise we are were we expected to be? Are we as a team playing up to the level of what we are capable of? Is Brad Johnson playing like he is capable of playing at thsi point in his career? Is our Defense playing above expectations. The OL where we expected considering that we have basically 3 new players from last years OL(I am including Birk since he was hurt last year) I am alos curious how many first year coaches do well and what there record is after the first year. I guess to me anything over a .500 record this year would of maybe been seen as overacheiving.

I think we may be expecting too much from this team, but I'm going to still do it.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    VikesFaninWis-WTF ARE U KIDDING ME?????????? Does anyone out there still root for this team? God-until we're out we're not out.
    He roots for the Vikings.

He is also giving his opinion.
    Better get used to that around these parts.

Chill dude. It's that he's saying maybe next year when we aren't even close to being done. Remember the Steeler's last year?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Chill dude. It's that he's saying maybe next year when we aren't even close to being done. Remember the Steeler's last year?
    Don't worry about me dude, just telling you like it is.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I agree. I am still really pissed about the outcome of yesterday's game, but there were some bright spots. Our run D is STOUT!! Our kick return game still looks good (Pinner needs to go!) and the fact that the steelers were in a similar position last year is all good news.

Now we just need to work on our freaking pass coverage, not taking so many freakin' penalties and fix our O-line problems!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast