Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Done??

kdog1323 is offline Waterboy

Are We Done??

Are we done now in free agency?? Not at all the splash I thought we would have with $40 mill in cap space. Everything is Denver....everyone is going to Denver and Tampa and Cleveland are makin moves

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Boys on ESPN said today might be a busier day than yesterday. So I guess we'll wait and find out.

Chris Clemons was just released from Seattle........Griffen and Joseph signing likely make us out of that sweepstakes.

Are We Done??

I would like to see them bring in a cb....we got torched there last year

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by kdog1323 View Post
    I would like to see them bring in a cb....we got torched there last year
    A lot of that had to do with coaching... Frazier was clueless.

Apparently the 49'ers are showing interest in Chris Cook, so we could need a CB really bad here shortly if we didn't already.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    It's kinda looking that way. I don't know what they plan on doing at CB, but the way it sits we could be worse than last year. Teams like Denver get it, some players are missing to put them over the hump and they go out and get the players that they need. That's why they have been such a successful franchise.

Teams like Tampa that sucked last year knew they had to get better and they go out and make a splash. That's why with a new HC and these players, they should be better next year. Then we have the Vikings, horrible defense and while I like the Griffen deal, he is expected to replace Jared Allen, we could be worse off there. We have a pathetic secondary and what have they done? Nothing. I love the Linval Joseph signing, but this team needs to do way more than that to get this team back in the hunt.

I would be ok with trying to get those players in the draft if the team had no money to spend and the free agent market wasn't worth it, but they had money to spend and the players were there. The 2 positions that the Vikings have been horrible at drafting over the last decade are QB and CB. Guess what we need? They also haven't had the best of luck with drafting overall good LB's, guess what else we need? Now that's why I would like to get some players in free agency that have already proven themselves.

Sign Revis when he is released and all is forgiven. If you do nothing, then when we are a 5 win team again next season don't wonder why the fans aren't showing up to the games. We Viking fans are sick of this shit. Is it to much to ask as fans that spend money and make these fuckers rich to want and demand a competitive team every year? I don't think so.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Are We Done??

DT Henry Melton will be in Minny tomorrow. We ain't done.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    DT Henry Melton will be in Minny tomorrow. We ain't done.
    Says who, and why would they be looking at another DT?

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    It's kinda looking that way. I don't know what they plan on doing at CB, but the way it sits we could be worse than last year. Teams like Denver get it, some players are missing to put them over the hump and they go out and get the players that they need. That's why they have been such a successful franchise.

Teams like Tampa that sucked last year knew they had to get better and they go out and make a splash. That's why with a new HC and these players, they should be better next year. Then we have the Vikings, horrible defense and while I like the Griffen deal, he is expected to replace Jared Allen, we could be worse off there. We have a pathetic secondary and what have they done? Nothing. I love the Linval Joseph signing, but this team needs to do way more than that to get this team back in the hunt.

I would be ok with trying to get those players in the draft if the team had no money to spend and the free agent market wasn't worth it, but they had money to spend and the players were there. The 2 positions that the Vikings have been horrible at drafting over the last decade are QB and CB. Guess what we need? They also haven't had the best of luck with drafting overall good LB's, guess what else we need? Now that's why I would like to get some players in free agency that have already proven themselves.

Sign Revis when he is released and all is forgiven. If you do nothing, then when we are a 5 win team again next season don't wonder why the fans aren't showing up to the games. We Viking fans are sick of this shit. Is it to much to ask as fans that spend money and make these fuckers rich to want and demand a competitive team every year? I don't think so.

People always panic and want the team fixed and a super bowl overnight, and you know what those guys get- the Foreskins. Snyder throws his money around like it is monopoly money. What has that gotten them, nothing. The Cowboys were in cap space he!! because Jones thought he could buy a championship. Denver is doing it right, they were in a Super bowl and maybe one or two players away, if we were there then I would say yeah, go for it. But we need so many players that IMO the team is going about building a winning team in the right fashion. We should get a few good players the next few years in the draft and then go after some real studs to fill in the few holes we need to win a championship. So free agency should be big for us in two or three years if we draft well. We have a good nucleus of young talent, on offense we have Kalil, Patterson, Rudolph, & Wright. On D we have Griffin, Joseph, Floyd, Rhodes & Smith. Throw in vets that should still be playing at a high level like Jennings, AP, Sullivan, Loadholdt, Robison & Greenway and you have a talented team. If we can draft a quality CB, S, OLB and G this year we will be a very talented team in two years. Then we go after the big names and go after a championship.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Are We Done??

Was announced on NFL network. We NEED a cb or we will get torched again next year! I dont understand why we are sitting back with all the cap space. They cut players to get more so I thought we were going to be making some noise here but all I hear are crickets........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast