Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GQVikesfan is offline Starter

We all know that Chavous is out, but 2 more players as well?

Vikings might not have Chavous, Campbell

NFL.com wire reports

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (Jan. 3, 2005) -- The Minnesota Vikings probably will be without injured starting strong safety Corey Chavous and two other players in their NFC wild-card game Jan. 9 at Green Bay.

Chavous was scheduled for an MRI on the left elbow he hurt Jan. 2 in a loss to Washington, and coach Mike Tice said it's probably broken.

Wide receiver Kelly Campbell separated his right shoulder in the regular-season finale against the Redskins, and nickel cornerback Terrance Shaw sustained an unspecified rib injury. All three players are questionable at best for this week, Tice said.

Special-teams captain Willie Offord will replace Chavous, and cornerback Rushen Jones will move to safety to back up Offord and free safety Brian Russell.

The Vikings (8 -8 ) lost seven of their last regular-season 10 games, and were beaten twice this season by the NFC North champion Packers. Green Bay won the division by beating Minnesota on Dec. 24.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/8063484
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=view¤t=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

We're screwed!!!!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Offord can't cover anyone. If he is on the field, I would send the safety blitz on every play.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

We are not screwed whatsoever. Remember who we are playing, its the Packers. They are an average team. three of their wins this season were on freak luck calls (fumble recovery, measurment at halftime, and illegal motion vs redskins). They are probibly the worst team in the playoffs, even ESPN is starting to dump on GB, saying their era is over, and the day the media starts dumping on Favre and the packers is the day you KNOW its over.

Here is a question, regarding the injuries. Should we care who plays on our D? If anything all they could do is improve it if we find some kinda diamond in the rough. We could have put in highschoolers and they would have played as well as our D this year, so it really doesn't matter if any of them are out. Anyway, with Chavous being out he might have time to look at his helmut and notice that he needs a bigger one, it looks like a novelty helmut.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

vikoles is offline Coordinator

They WILLLLLLLLLLLLL step up for they are professionals and they have BEEN waiting and wanting their turn to not just prove theyare legit BUT to make more $$$$$$$$$ I have faith and I luv my VIKES Pray for them and back them we NEEEED it! Go Vikes Smack the freaaaaaaaakin Pack for oNCE!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

WEll I gotta say that Chavous and Campbell havn't exactly been difference makers for our team this year anyway.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Favre's gonna go after offord like a mad man. I think cotrell needs to be agressive, CB needs to paly up in your face bump and run defense. They need to get newman on the blitz. If we alow favre to sit back and wing it we're fucking screwed. Favre will pick our defense apart. Be aggresive, thats all i can say. I'm sure that ted will come out will some stupid game plan that alows favre to convert on third downs and sustain ball control. I have no confidence in cotrells game planning.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    We are not screwed whatsoever. Remember who we are playing, its the Packers. They are an average team. three of their wins this season were on freak luck calls (fumble recovery, measurment at halftime, and illegal motion vs redskins). They are probibly the worst team in the playoffs, even ESPN is starting to dump on GB, saying their era is over, and the day the media starts dumping on Favre and the packers is the day you KNOW its over.

Here is a question, regarding the injuries. Should we care who plays on our D? If anything all they could do is improve it if we find some kinda diamond in the rough. We could have put in highschoolers and they would have played as well as our D this year, so it really doesn't matter if any of them are out. Anyway, with Chavous being out he might have time to look at his helmut and notice that he needs a bigger one, it looks like a novelty helmut.
    How can they be the worst team in the playoffs when they won the division, have a higher seed then us, and beat us twice?

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"tlk23" wrote:
    We're screwed!!!!

We've been screwed for the past couple of years on Defense. The gameplan should always be the same. Air it out early, get a nice lead and score as much as possilbe. If Tice and Co run up the middle on first and second down, thinking that the Vikings need to dominate the game and keep it close...then yeah..were screwed.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"tlk23" wrote:
    We're screwed!!!!
    NO! I refuse to believe that.
    Besides, my man (the Packer fan) is worried. He has said that this year the Vikings have a better team and the Pack has not won games based on skill, more on bad calls and luck.
    Let's hope for a straight up ref crew with decent eyesight. I would like for someone to finally call Harris on his constant fouling downfield.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast