Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Anyone beeeyyyyatching about the scheme today? Even ole Whinny got a gift INT thrown to him because the DL was getting after it.
    Did anyone notice how they even threw in the 4-6 on the Titans?

I like the way they are hitting out there. That is the first time in over 20 years I have said that. And they are proving that we have a better DL without that War Pig than we did with one as I have been telling you for some time. As to the secondary- They have been more aggressive and challenging the WR's rather than giving them a free 10 yards every pass so yeah, that is a big step up and as we have been saying, they have changed the scheme to be more effective.

You may try to spin it that this is the same scheme but it in no way resembles what they have been doing in the past other than they are still putting 11 on the field.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

I like the way they are hitting out there. That is the first time in over 20 years I have said that. And they are proving that we have a better DL without that War Pig than we did with one as I have been telling you for some time. As to the secondary- They have been more aggressive and challenging the WR's rather than giving them a free 10 yards every pass so yeah, that is a big step up and as we have been saying, they have changed the scheme to be more effective.

You may try to spin it that this is the same scheme but it in no way resembles what they have been doing in the past other than they are still putting 11 on the field.
    Thank you sir. Glad somebody else is seeing it they way I do. I have never seen so many different defensive formations from MN as I did yesterday. And their aggression is on both sides of the ball and maybe the single biggest reason for our success to this point. Got to give coaching a lot of credit for it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    They varied there look on defense many times yesterday. DL rotation was like a carousel as well as the alignments. Whinny's INT wasn't a gift, it was a good read and reaction by him. He is still a gamer and will take his shots when he sees them.
    Don't get me wrong, The cat has played above my expectations. I just couldn't help but notice that when they needed yards, they threw in his direction yesterday more times than not.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I did not see the 4-6. Very observant of you to see it.

In the end, other than a few looks like that, for the most part, regardless of what they are doing on the DL (and its rotation) they are still playing zone behind it, whether it be a C2, C3, etc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Thank you sir. Glad somebody else is seeing it they way I do. I have never seen so many different defensive formations from MN as I did yesterday. And their aggression is on both sides of the ball and maybe the single biggest reason for our success to this point. Got to give coaching a lot of credit for it.
    Gotta give the coaching a heck of alot of credit. Unless of course you thinks its the vets out there doing something this year they didn't do last year when it comes to teaching youngsters.....snicker...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I did not see the 4-6. Very observant of you to see it.

In the end, other than a few looks like that, for the most part, regardless of what they are doing on the DL (and its rotation) they are still playing zone behind it, whether it be a C2, C3, etc.
    rewatch the first quarter. I will bump you up a notch in the spreadsheet if you can name the plays for me.

rewatch the first quarter. I will bump you up a notch in the spreadsheet if you can name the plays for me.
    I never record a game. I rely on NFL network to re-air and the NFL page to revisit plays.

Blog Entries
    Man, you need to get with the programs. That lack of information at your disposal could lead to faulty takes like the weakness of the defense being caused by the lack of a war pig.

I guess it wasn't as much issue of the scheme as I thought it was, but more so on the players and talent we had.

It's been amazing seeing our secondary actually make plays for the ball. It's been a while since we've seen anything like that. For several years in this scheme it seemed they were almost letting the recievers catch the ball, while no defender was even 10 yards in range of the play.

Cook is definitely earning my respect, and I love the way Harrison plays ball. If both players can keep out of trouble on and off the field we may finally have ourselves a good secondary for years to come. Something I think we've all been waiting for...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Man, you need to get with the programs. That lack of information at your disposal could lead to faulty takes like the weakness of the defense being caused by the lack of a war pig.
    I know we all give Marr a hard time but... he is correct in his assesnment of our defensive needs. Now he is wrong in saying that the front 4 should bare the blame instead of our pathetic safties/cbs but the lack of a true penetrating DT that can eat up blocks/space and allow KW to play his natural role is apperent. This weekend, I saw less of our traditional under scheme and alot more 3 - 3 looks with a Will or Sam covering containment. I think we have modified it a bit boys and the change from EJ Henderson is forcing the QBs to look elsewhere besides down the middle of the field that was always open.....

I love the fast start but I am fearful of the last 8 games. Our Divisional games can decide if we are an 8 and 8 team or if me make it to a Superbowl. I wager we will be unbeatable at home. Only the GMen Scare me at this point.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast