Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 106
  1. #31
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,426
    There is nothing wrong with the WCO. The Vikings just do not run it as well as they could.

    Percy Harvin is a near perfect back for the WCO. He should get more touches.

  2. #32
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,727
    You are right there isn't nothing wrong with the WCO. When we had Favre he made it into the 2nd best offense in the league, and made chilly look like an offensive mastermind. Thing is though.. WE THREW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD. Favre had 52 completions 20+ and 13 40+. The WCO can work if our coaches stop being stubborn and realize that this is a PASSING LEAGUE NOW!!! and we have a great RB that we can catch people off guard with, but you can't be a PRIMARILY RUNNING TEAM!! The Texans can THROW THE BALL.. the Titans can't throw worth shit, and look how fucking HORRIBLE they look. CJ2K can't even get 40 yards in a game. The Ravens can throw, Jags can't and they get their ass beat too. This is a stretch the field league, and unfortunately ponder can't stretch the field with zip. All Ponders passes downfield have a better hangtime than Kluwe's punts! Thats why I wanted Ryan Mallett, he is a true NFL QB. Now Mallett sits on the bench behind Brady, and he takes over 2 years from now, and the pats continue to rip people apart! Ponder is TOO smart for his own good over thinking plays! Ponder doesn't have an above avg or elite arm. Gabbert has an elite arm and showed it. We chose an old school QB, in the New Era NFL. No top 16 QB has a noodle arm. Christian Ponder = Brad Johnson. Brad Johnson didn't suck, but Brad would get killed with this new hybrid D, and linebackers who can actually cover now. Brad never threw past 20 yards unless it was wide open. Corners and LBs are faster and stronger and smarter, so you need a QB who can thread needles, and launch it downfield so your WR can make a play.. Not a guy who floats it in the air giving the Defender time to think about it, and judge it! Ponder only has zip on 5-15 yard throws, which is why he won't throw further than that! We need a new YOUNG head coach to come in with a NEW YOUNG PHILOSOPHY and get the OLD SCHOOL WAYS THE HELL OUTTA HERE.

  3. #33
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Cornerbacks and LBs are faster and stronger and smarter

    Not ours apparently.

  4. #34
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456
    Cover 2 is an idiotic scheme in almost any format.

    Man coverage has much better potential and should always be preferred, imo.

    6-7 guys tied up on the line or in the backfield leaves only 4 (usually at most) heading out, down field. The math says that with 2 corners and 2 safeties, that issue is covered. End of problem. With 7 defenders up near the line and the QB usually dropping out of play right away...that leaves 7 D's to cover 6 O's. Is that really a problem?!

    And btw..........wtf is with the playing it soft, BS?!?! Jam those receivers at the line and throw them off their timed routes. Sorry.....bit of a side note, there.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  5. #35
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    You are right there isn't nothing wrong with the WCO. When we had Favre he made it into the 2nd best offense in the league, and made chilly look like an offensive mastermind. Thing is though.. WE THREW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD. Favre had 52 completions 20+ and 13 40+. The WCO can work if our coaches stop being stubborn and realize that this is a PASSING LEAGUE NOW!!! and we have a great RB that we can catch people off guard with, but you can't be a PRIMARILY RUNNING TEAM!! The Texans can THROW THE BALL.. the Titans can't throw worth shit, and look how fucking HORRIBLE they look. CJ2K can't even get 40 yards in a game. The Ravens can throw, Jags can't and they get their ass beat too. This is a stretch the field league, and unfortunately ponder can't stretch the field with zip. All Ponders passes downfield have a better hangtime than Kluwe's punts! Thats why I wanted Ryan Mallett, he is a true NFL QB. Now Mallett sits on the bench behind Brady, and he takes over 2 years from now, and the pats continue to rip people apart! Ponder is TOO smart for his own good over thinking plays! Ponder doesn't have an above avg or elite arm. Gabbert has an elite arm and showed it. We chose an old school QB, in the New Era NFL. No top 16 QB has a noodle arm. Christian Ponder = Brad Johnson. Brad Johnson didn't suck, but Brad would get killed with this new hybrid D, and linebackers who can actually cover now. Brad never threw past 20 yards unless it was wide open. Corners and LBs are faster and stronger and smarter, so you need a QB who can thread needles, and launch it downfield so your WR can make a play.. Not a guy who floats it in the air giving the Defender time to think about it, and judge it! Ponder only has zip on 5-15 yard throws, which is why he won't throw further than that! We need a new YOUNG head coach to come in with a NEW YOUNG PHILOSOPHY and get the OLD SCHOOL WAYS THE HELL OUTTA HERE.
    Hmmmmmm, care to recant any of that my friend.......

    San Francisco at Minnesota | Sunday September 23, 2012 | NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #36
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the WCO. The Vikings just do not run it as well as they could.

    Percy Harvin is a near perfect back for the WCO. He should get more touches.
    And we have a winner. Spot on my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #37
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    By looking at the way the secondary has played over the past decade I would say we haven't drafted a true CB or S either.
    LOL, well played. Well played indeed. Quick question.....did you think our secondary played better yesterday or do you think they looked better because of the DL play made them look better?

    As I watched the game, I sure saw alot of DB's and LB'rs dropping into zones/handing off players in zones than I did man to man coverage.

    Heck Cooks INT was a result of consistent pressure on the QB (making him hurry a throw) than it was from a DB providing man coverage. To tell the truth, Cook was doing just that. Standing back (way behind the receiver) waiting in his zone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #38
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, well played. Well played indeed. Quick question.....did you think our secondary played better yesterday or do you think they looked better because of the DL play made them look better?

    As I watched the game, I sure saw alot of DB's and LB'rs dropping into zones/handing off players in zones than I did man to man coverage.

    Heck Cooks INT was a result of consistent pressure on the QB (making him hurry a throw) than it was from a DB providing man coverage. To tell the truth, Cook was doing just that. Standing back (way behind the receiver) waiting in his zone.
    Is this a replacement Marrdro watching the game? I believe it was the rookie Josh Robinson who got the INT and not Cook.

    So, if I'm understanding you correct. Our DB's just need to sit back in their zones all by themselves and wait for the DL to apply sufficient pressure to the QB that he throws errantly to the position they happen to be hanging out in. Coverage, schmoverage.

  9. #39
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Is this a replacement Marrdro watching the game? I believe it was the rookie Josh Robinson who got the INT and not Cook.

    So, if I'm understanding you correct. Our DB's just need to sit back in their zones all by themselves and wait for the DL to apply sufficient pressure to the QB that he throws errantly to the position they happen to be hanging out in. Coverage, schmoverage.
    Even I, like the replacement refs, type names in that don't coincide with the players......

    No, thats not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, like yesterday, if the whole defense plays the right way in the scheme, INT's will come and they don't need to come from DB's going out there and providing blanket coverages all the time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #40
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Even I, like the replacement refs, type names in that don't coincide with the players......

    No, thats not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, like yesterday, if the whole defense plays the right way in the scheme, INT's will come and they don't need to come from DB's going out there and providing blanket coverages all the time.
    Then why do you demand it from Winfield? Isn't he just the victim of a poor DL effort?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •