Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Wats Wrong with Chavous and B Will????

We have no depth, and he's also a very cerebral player.

I don't dislike Corey, but he hasn't played at a level greater than 1.9 million dollars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    Why arnt they with the team? B Will I can understand because his job was taken by a younger better player with now way of getting it back except for injury, but he will still see a lot of playing time and with him in the nickel it makes one of the NFLs top 1,2,3 corner tandum.

and chavous is just a dumbass. He signed a contract, SO LIVE UP TO IT. i have no problem with him asking for more, but why cant he shut up, play and negotiate omn the side instead of only worrying about his contract. Talk about an uncecisary distraction! Plus, why did he ask for more money this year? he made the Pro bowl a couple years ago, and he didnt last year, so y would they give him money now?
    i think chavous figures that since the team is paying out all the money all of a sudden, he must want a piece of the pie so he can move up to the east side.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    No one in here seems to realize the reasons neither were at mini camps. Chavous is more interested ina long term deal, and not more money. Sure, his long term deal will have a few years at the end of it, where he will make more than $1.9 million, but we all know how players are treated when it gets to those years in the contract. I persoanlly think we should give chavous a new 4 year contract, since we have yet to draft his replacement. Then next year, we can draft a good hard hitting SS to be behind chavous. If that SS developes quickly, we can move him into the starting lineup in 2 years and either move chavous to backup SS, FS(if sharper is released), trade him, or release him. This is what I would do with chavous.

And brian williams isn't looking for more money from us either(although in the end it is about money with him). He isn't happy that he is in a contract year and won't get to be a starter and earn a big contract as a starter for another team next year. I don't get why he thinks we should care about that, when he plans to play somewhere else next season? But since he is unhappy, apparently he is using this time to see his kids, according to his agent, and he plans to be at training camp. There really isn't anything he can do to help the situation, except demand a trade, and he isn't doing that, which means he plans to play for us and play out his remaining year on his contract.

Hey I, like all of us, wanted both of these guys in mini camps and developing some chemistry with all our new guys on D. But, as del rio has pointed out to me many times already, these camps are VOLUNTARY and since they are, we can't get too mad when all our guys don't show up. I mean most of us that played sports, have had voluntary practices, and I am sure a lot of us, including me :grin: , didn't attend some of them because they were voluntary and not mandatory. When they start missing mandatory practices, then there is a problem.

I was worried for awhile that they weren't planning on attending TC, but now reports are that they are gonna be there ready to go, and those reports are coming from their agents.
    While the minicamps may be VOLUNTARY, it would be a showing of a huge desire to be as prepared as possible to win a championship this year if they were both there...as a fan, that is what is important to ME...so yes, I am going to dis both of them for not being there...because I want us to win the Super Bowl and I want players that are going to do everything possible to win that championship!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Chavous will be on of our starting safties no doubt. He is underpaid, and ranks right up there with the best of them.

Williams is a playmaker, I could give a shit about voluntary camps. If they miss no mandatory time I see no harm. It's a buisiness side of things that people just don't grasp myself included. But it exsists and it always will at that level.

I know fans find it admirable if a guy appears to be doing things that suggest he is in it for the love of the game, but the truth is somewhere some rich ass owner is getting richer, and the players deserve a chunk of that.

You tell Ray Lewis, he's only getting 1.9 he will be sitting out. It's their job. It always will be at least partially about making money.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i think he just needs to go to practice... i hate hold-outs unless it is for a good reason...meaning the player has to be really underpaid...like doing a kick-butt job for two years and only getting the league minimum...now they deserve something. chavous is holding out for selfish reasons...our team will do just fine without him if he wants to be a butthead and hold-out a season. as far as i'm concerned.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Excerpted from: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/columnist/2005-06-15-inside-scoop_x.htm

Coach Mike Tice predicted that SS Corey Chavous and CB Brian Williams "will both be in training camp with their heads on straight, and that's all I asked them to do." Chavous and Williams missed all 13 voluntary developmental practices because they're unhappy with their contracts. "I'm not going to get involved with their business," Tice said. "I don't do contracts, and that's it. I don't want to address it again. OK. And I am not angry at either one, regardless if I just sounded angry." Although he said "business is business, and we have to respect that," coach Mike Tice also sent a subtle message to the disgruntled Chavous and Williams. "We move forward and we work and develop the guys we have (at developmental camp)," Tice said. "Guys like (cornerback) Ralph Brown had an excellent offseason, and showed that he can be a guy for us. (Safety) Willie Offord has had a very consistent offseason for us. They both seized the opportunity and did the best with it, which is what you hope they do. So that's a good thing.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123