Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Watching the Vikes at home or at Lambeau?

So-Cal:

Go to Lambeau. I was there in 2000, in a cold-@ss rain and freezing night. The Vikes ended up losing (on the now-famous off-the-back catch by Antonio Freeman :x ), but they had it wrapped up before then. Los said that there are mostly good-natured fans there (not sure if I agree - a lot of the people around me were :bootyshake: ), but all in all, I can't say I didn't enjoy the experience. I'd go there if I were you - you may not get the chance again. And besides, to see the Vikes CRUSH the Pack :rabbit: there would be AWESOME!

SKOL!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

If this were the only game you'd be going to in your life, go to the Dome.

But assuming you are young and will have the opportunity to go to many more games, don't pass up the chance to go to Lambeau. Tickets to a game there are scarcer than hen's teeth. It may well be the only chance in your life that you'll get to go to Lambeau, and certainly this year's Vikings squad would appear to have an excellent chance to win (despite the stars and schedule-makers plotting against them). You'll always be able to go to a game at the Dome another year, but don't turn down what could be a once in a lifetime chance to go to Lambeau.

Now, if going to Lambeau isn't that hard for you (a relative has season tickets, etc.), then maybe you go to the Dome instead and save Lambeau for another time when you can actually (gasp!) root for the Packers with the home fans and enjoy the game with everyone around you.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I would love to go to Lambeau... but only if I was assured of a Viking victory! hehe.... what I really want to do is go to Green Bay sometime when they are playing at the dome... I love nothing more then drama :wink:

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

One thing, also, so-cal...the Minnesota game at Lambeau this season is a Mlwaukee ticket. 6 games per year are allotted to the Green Bay fans, and 2 to the Milwaukee fans since we stopped playing in County Stadium.

The Milwaukee fan base is a little more reserved than the Green Bay bunch. They also pile up like lemmings to navigate into the stadium or park. If you do go, let me know and I'll give you a short cut to some free parking if you go early.

Also, be aware the hotels are probably sold out already around GB. You'd have to be looking in and around Appleton or Manitowoc, and either way, expect to pay over $100 a night.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Question for those who went to lambeau as vising fans. HOw were you guys treated by packer fans??? Did they taunt you a lot or throw stuff at you and give you a hard time since you root for the other team??? I would think that would happen a lot since its fierce rivalry.
    well, i dont recall any packer fans mesing with my ad and I when i saw the vikes at lambeau, but then again, it was over 20 years ago, and i had to be decked out in a snow mobile suit to keep from freezing. i will say this, the dome is more comfortable when i think back to lambeau. it was no fun for a 10 year old to be shivering to death and trying to eat a hot pretzel with wool gloves on.

go to the dome.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Well, the update is I probably will not be going to the game at Lambeau. The guy who has the tickets is thinking of selling them to a buddy in Wisconsin. There is a slim chance that the deal will fall through, but I'm not counting on it. Thanks again for all the input.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

I was in Appleton, WI in 96 on buisness, I actually couldn't believe the company I was visiting didn't take me to the Vikes game (they had tickets as gratuities)...I made it pretty clear who I rooted for. It was a cheesy atmosphere all around me still.
    They ended up getting me some snacks and I watched the game in my hotel room. We lost that game...but would of loved to of been there!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

I would love to go to lambeau and watch the vikes kick ass on the packers come nov. 14th and christmas eve. Hey fudgie fans your going to get swept by the vikings this year.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats on 400, dude!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Foreman44" wrote:
    One other thing is that Lambeau tickets are damn hard to find so if you have the chance .. take the trip
    I second that. You must go to the game in the Lamb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast