Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Foreman44 is offline Starter

Watching the Vikes at home or at Lambeau?

Besides, there's probably more to see in the Twin Cities area than in Green Bay.[/quote]

That's for damn sure :thumbleft:

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Question for those who went to lambeau as vising fans. HOw were you guys treated by packer fans??? Did they taunt you a lot or throw stuff at you and give you a hard time since you root for the other team??? I would think that would happen a lot since its fierce rivalry.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Can't really answer that personally as I was a kid when I attended the Minn/GB games I saw at Lambeau .
    This was back in the mid-late 70's mind you ...
    Back then, I kept a rather low profile. I will say that unless I was with a couple of other people, I probably would not be too vocal with my cheering on of the Vikes there.
    I mean think about it ... that's a lot of beer, cheese, and bratwurst fueled Packer fans who absolutely live and die with that team. If you show up in Purple and act a little too-animated , that could be a volatile situation

Of course, when I lived in Seattle, I did just that when the Vikings played at the Kingdome!

Hey, if you do go to GB for the game, don't forget to grab a few burgers at Kroll's (pretty much the best hamburger in the world) :wink:

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

Go to the Dome. It's a lot of fun.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

So-Cal, go to Lambeau for the experiance, when the Vikes win you get to see all the rejected packer fans faces (priceless)!!!!!!

I went to Lambeau back in the 80's it was worth the trip than and with the remodeling it whould be even better.

The butter burger's are really good!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Jarhead is offline Rookie

Dude, go to Lambeau. If you have a shot at it it could be a once in a lifetime experience. It's a football landmark that I think everyone should see and I hope to make it to a game there.

Stupid Cheeseheads.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hard to say.

If I was up to it, I might go to a game at Minnesota some day (won't be this year).

Lambeau is a great study in culture, and 3 times out of 5, you'll usually meet some pretty nice Packer fans who will, at worst, give you some good-hearted ribbing.

If you go, go early, get hotel rooms right away, and spend some time at the Atrium and the Packer Hall of Fame.

Otherwise, I would actually be inclined to go to my hometown for a game.

On the other hand, if you believe this is the Vikings' year to go all the way, its nice to make sure you go to a game during that year.

So, there's my no-help.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I've been to a vikings/packers game at the dome (1998) and it was an awesome experience! I had never been in that stadium while it was that loud, no Twins game, no other Viking game. I get to go to the vikes/pack game at lambeau this year and I am pumped. I can't wait to see lambeau and to watch the vikes whoop up on the pack!! It's a tough call, but go to the dome!! If nothing else to supports Minny's economy and not Wisconny's!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

So far I've heard some good arguments for going to either stadium. The deal isn't final yet but I suppose if I get the chance to go to Lambeau, I'll take it. I can worry abot the home game next year. I'll know if I'm getting the tickets in about a week so I'll let you all know what happens.
    Thanks for the advice and I'll take more if you got it.

SKOL Vikings!!!

One other thing is that Lambeau tickets are damn hard to find so if you have the chance .. take the trip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast