Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Watching the Vikes at home or at Lambeau?

I have been given the opportunity to go and watch the Vikings- Packers game at Lambeau Field on the 14th of Nov. Here is my dilemma, I was going to save my vacation time and money so I can go to Minnesota and watch the Vikings play at home next year. Now watching the Vikings play the Packers in enemy territory would be outstanding but, statistically it could be a losing game for the Vikes, and I think watching them in the dome against any team would be a far greater experience. If I can choose only one, which do I choose?
    I could really use the advice from all the fans, especially from those in Wis. and Minn.

Thanks and SKOL Vikings!!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

If yo uhaven't been to the dome I suggest waiting. Just being with fellow viking fans and cheering all for the same team is one great experience.

On the other side though, if the Vikes pulled off a win in lambeau that would be awesome to experience that, the hush of lambeau :-D
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

The way i see it is, I'd love to go to a Pack vs. Vikes game in Lambeau, but if you could go to the Vikes vs. Pack game in Minnesota then I'd do that if you've never been to the dome. If you wouldn't be going to the Vikes vs. Pack game next year though, then I'd go to Lambeau.

I'm thinking about waiting, especially since I've seen the Vikings- Chargers play twice here in Cali(both losses and both with the majority Vikes fans), anyways I really would want to see them on their home field. On the other hand, to pass up an opportunity to see my favorite team anywhere is a shame. Who knows when they'll be back here?

So RJK, you think a Vikes-Pack anywhere is better than a Vikes vs anybody at the dome? It might be close to impossible to get tickets to the Pack at the dome.

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    So RJK, you think a Vikes-Pack anywhere is better than a Vikes vs anybody at the dome? It might be close to impossible to get tickets to the Pack at the dome.
    I think it would be, but then again I've been to the dome before. If I hadn't I might think about it differently so I guess I'd probably go to the dome game.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

There is no place like Lambeau. The dome is nice, but easy to get tickets to. Lambeau is different. You'll enjoy the experience. If you'd like to sell the tickets though, let me know.

I know its fun to see the games at home. I've been to both places. There is NO comparison. Being with home fans IS more fun. Don't forget though, that BOTH teams won the road game last year. NOt impossible to see that happening again. WIth the slower turf in the dome now (about time) its no longer a fast track advantage. Both have amazingly loud crowds. Who knows what will happen this year.

Sell your tickets to me for Lambeau and go to the one in MN... :P
    3 Straight Division Champs

Sorry Packman I don't have the tickets right now, and even if I did, they are not my tickets to sell. In any case I have a serious decision to make, and I appreciate your input. Considering that I believe that the Vikings will take both games against the Packers this season maybe it'll be worth the trip.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Go to Lambeau!
    Great environment, even if you're a Vikings fan.
    I have seen quite a few games there (having grown up in GB)
    and always had a good time when the Vikings played there (even though my Viking allegiance was outnumbered by some 50,000 people

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I can't say that I've seen the Vikes play elsewhere, but I'd be inclined to take the home atmosphere. Being surrounded by other Vikes fans, high fiving people you don't even know, singing Skol Vikings with 56,000 people, and having a part in disrupting the other team with noise is a blast.

Besides, there's probably more to see in the Twin Cities area than in Green Bay.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast