Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Watch Vikes, Listen to Paul! I Need Help!

"singersp" wrote:
    "hawksandvikes" wrote:
    I'm sure we can all agree that Paul Allen is the most exciting play-by-play announcer in radio today. Even when the opposing team makes a great play, he still makes it sound exciting.

Hense my issue.

Because of the five second delay on "live" tv, I hear everything on the radio before it happens on TV. I will soon be making the decision between only watching the games on TV or only listening to them on the radio.

Does anyone have a way to watch the Vikes on TV and listen to Paul Allen at the same time without the delay?
    If you have a Dish with PVR or TiVo or a DVR, you can pause the game for the 5 seconds & then continue to watch after you get them in sync.
    Wouldn't work. The problem is that the TV is 5 seconds behind the radio. You would need to pause the radio for 5 seconds to get it in sync.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "hawksandvikes" wrote:
    I'm sure we can all agree that Paul Allen is the most exciting play-by-play announcer in radio today. Even when the opposing team makes a great play, he still makes it sound exciting.

Hense my issue.

Because of the five second delay on "live" tv, I hear everything on the radio before it happens on TV. I will soon be making the decision between only watching the games on TV or only listening to them on the radio.

Does anyone have a way to watch the Vikes on TV and listen to Paul Allen at the same time without the delay?
    If you have a Dish with PVR or TiVo or a DVR, you can pause the game for the 5 seconds & then continue to watch after you get them in sync.
    Wouldn't work. The problem is that the TV is 5 seconds behind the radio. You would need to pause the radio for 5 seconds to get it in sync.
    I stand corrected! You are absolutely right. Momentary brain freeze! My brain is having a hard time concentrating with it being Vikings Eve & all.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

brock is offline Rookie

Just watch the game on TV. Then tune in to the post game show on the radio, they recap the big plays. And hey, it's a good show, they interview Tice and the players too.
    Greenway>You

vking is offline Training Camp

I agree the post game is good but man I can't stand the the game call on radio.

Of course local anouncers will be biased but Allen and crew take it to a whole new level. Allens description of a 2 yard gain makes it sound like they just busted a 40 yarder.

And that takes me back to the dreaded AZ game where I would have sworn there was no chance that play would stand according to those clowns. In my opinion that crew really misses the boat on giving an accurate description of the game. Deffinately nowhere close to Ray Scott calliber of announcing.

Kind of reminds me of the occaisonal miss calls of the Twins John Gordon... " Base hit...no its caught! " Sorry, just can't get past that kind of crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12