linkmaster is offline Waterboy

Watch out for the Vikings

I found a good article pointing out that this 4-2 record is no fluke, and this team is for real:

[size=10pt]www.I-spam-sites-for-a-living.com[/size]

"Yesterday, the Vikings went into Seattle, knocked quarterback Matt Hasselbeck out of the game, and ended the Seahawks 12 game home winning streak.
    The win was no fluke – the Vikings were the superior team on both sides of the football even before Hasselbeck went down.
    Seattle was held to just 2.5 yards per carry on the ground, and gained just one rushing first down all afternoon.
    It marked the sixth consecutive opponent to open up the Brad Childress era that was unable to reach 20 points against this top notch Vikings defense...."

It goes on to explain how the Vikings have built up a solid base of talent through the draft and free agency, and it is finally paying off.
    I thought it was interesting since most of the media still don't pay us any attention or give us any respect.

[size=10pt]**This guy was warned before about spamming**[/size]

-ultra

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Watch out for the Vikings

I tell you these media-football experts must get shriveled up when discussing the Vikes, if its not about partying on boats, driving intoxicated way over the limit its not worth discussing the vikes I am not surprised at this, and when any of the football preview shows start showing the vikes some respect my only response is to throw up my traffic finger......... because it is so easy to love a squad when they are up, its even easier to kick em when theyre down.

Philosophy its a real pain in the @$$ when I haveconversated with many loyal fans on this site
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Del Rio Guest

He still has the Bears slotted to win the division. I think there is a good shot for us to make a run for the Division especially if we win next week.

"Del" wrote:
    He still has the Bears slotted to win the division. I think there is a good shot for us to make a run for the Division especially if we win next week.
    I agree!
    History shows that Sexy Rexy is not likely to finish the season....and I think everyteam on DaBears schedule has the blue print to beating the bears....all they have to do is watch the Vikes and Cardinals game film.
    Good teams make their own breaks...but the defense will not be able to win them all for DaBears!

I will not ever root for DaBears....that being said....I hope they pound the snot out of the 49ers next week physically (the week before we play the 49ers)
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Chester Taylor’s 169 yard effort against Seattle yesterday was no surprise to anyone who has been following the team in recent weeks.
    In fact, Taylor leads the NFL in rushing yards through the first seven weeks of the season.
    I love this statement. It would exclude anyone in the media. Who, it's true, only seem to follow this team for the above mentioned (neg) reasons.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I loved the line
    But there’s no reason to think that ten weeks from now, we won’t be looking at the Vikings as a potential Wild Card sleeper team in the playoffs, much the way the Steelers were a Wild Card sleeper prior to their run to a Super Bowl title last winter.
    Yup, we could be onto something! We'll all know more after this Monday night.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    Philosophy its a real pain in the @$$ when I haveconversated with many loyal fans on this site
    MMLV
    what does that mean?

on a side note, good article. I wish it was on ESPN.com rather than this random site but any publicity (for the right reasons) is good publicity.

How do ya like them apples?!