Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Gift2 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to blow both a time out & a challenge on the same play & end up being wrong & losing both, but Childress managed to do it.
    haha, he was gifted in some ways

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Still the blame game going on, and very little being said about what to do to fix it.

It's easy for all of us to sit back here and say, "We did this this and that wrong, and it's so-and-so's fault." And because there is so much fault to spread around, it's got us fans turning on each other now.

Step back, guys, and take a deep breath. We all want the same thing. I know how frustrated we all are; I feel it too, believe me. But that's no excuse for the infighting.

MM, I like your posts and analysis most of the time, and I agree with a lot of what you have to say, but you're off base on Caine. Not that he needs my support, but you don't give him enough credit. Caine and I have argued on many points, and disagree on a lot of stuff, but he always backs up his points and is usually pretty thorough about it. He does tend to see things a bit darkly at times, but he's hardly the worst around here in that respect. His back-and-forths with Marrdro are legendary. But he certainly has given credit where it was due.

And then there is Floyd, who is well known for his tongue-in-cheek attitude. It's part of his character, and won't likely change. It may seem disrespectful on the surface, but most of the time he doesn't really mean to hurt, he just won't let things slide if he disagrees.

In the end, though, like I said above, we all want the same thing: success for our Vikings. What that will require can stand some debate. Just try to keep it civil and respectful, please. If you feel slighted, take it to PMs or something, rather than these threads. Thick skin is required for a Vikings fan.

As far as the topic at hand is concerned, I also support the "Hire a real GM" idea, although that is difficult to do in mid-season. I'd also like to hear some ideas as to who you'd suggest for the job. I have very few thoughts on this as yet.

Zygi Wilf as owner brings enthusiasm and desire, but lacks experience. He's the kind of guy who needs to make his own mistakes in order to learn from them. I hope that he will, but have not seen much evidence of it so far. I'm still willing to ride out his tenure, however. He's done enough good to balance out much of the bad. The nepotism factor does concern me a bit.

One last thing... for those who keep screaming that the season is over and there is nothing left to play for except a high draft pick. How many of you (aside from Marty) actually thought we were a playoff caliber team coming in? Not hoped, but actually BELIEVED we would be?

Come on, folks, this season was over before it even started, if that's all you were concerned about. For me and my modest expectations, there are still thirteen more weeks to enjoy and/or agonize over. I still hope for and root for every game to be a victory, and I still BELIEVE that we will get better. Just not that good.

I'll leave the specifics of this past game for the proper thread. For those of you still with me, thanks for your patience. I know I tend to preach a little at times, but I just hate to see us turning on each other over what is, in the end, just a game.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I really need to stay off of this site after a loss. For at least a day. I get emotionally charged and confrontational. It's nothing personal to anyone on here. So I'm sorry Caine if I offended you. I shouldn't have judged you. I tend to be a realist myself. But when it comes to the Vikings, I always see things through my purple tinted sunglasses. I really try to stay optimistic, but it's not easy. Not for a die-hard Vikings and Cubs fan. Constant heartbreak every single year. We are all on the same team here. I've given up on this season, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Leslie Frazier. Let's see how he can handle this mess. I am obviously not impressed, but I'm not ready to call for his head yet. The only one that has had a sample size big enough to completely judge is Rick Spielman, who obviously needs to go. But I'm afraid that won't happen. Once again, sorry for my judgements. I don't take these losses well. For that, I apologize. This happened last week with Marty. I should have learned from my mistakes and stayed away from here after a loss. So from now on, I will take at least 24 hours to cool down after all the lost games before I come discuss them with you guys.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I really need to stay off of this site after a loss. For at least a day. I get emotionally charged and confrontational. It's nothing personal to anyone on here. So I'm sorry Caine if I offended you. I shouldn't have judged you. I tend to be a realist myself. But when it comes to the Vikings, I always see things through my purple tinted sunglasses. I really try to stay optimistic, but it's not easy. Not for a die-hard Vikings and Cubs fan. Constant heartbreak every single year. We are all on the same team here. I've given up on this season, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Leslie Frazier. Let's see how he can handle this mess. I am obviously not impressed, but I'm not ready to call for his head yet. The only one that has had a sample size big enough to completely judge is Rick Spielman, who obviously needs to go. But I'm afraid that won't happen. Once again, sorry for my judgements. I don't take these losses well. For that, I apologize. This happened last week with Marty. I should have learned from my mistakes and stayed away from here after a loss. So from now on, I will take at least 24 hours to cool down after all the lost games before I come discuss them with you guys.
    There is really no need to stay away, just remember that there are many different perspectives from us fans and they can change through the years one way or the other.

I can still remember when I was in my early 20's living in Northern Wisconsin back in the 80's. At that time we were about a decade removed from our last SB and I had all of the faith that we would be back there very soon. At the bars ( Yes, debating Packer fans on their own turf with alcohol involved is always a learning process lol) I would proudly proclaim that the Packers may have won the 1st 2 SB's but we had been to 4 since that time and the Packers were so down on talent they were like 4-12 so I figured there was no way they get back to the SB before the Vikings.....Then the '87, '98, '00 and '10 NFCCG losses happened while GB went to 3 and won 2 and is poised for yet another.

At any rate a quarter of a century has changed things a bit as far as my perspective goes and I am really no longer willing to settle for a playoff run or the next great old washed up QB hope. So excuse me if I seem a bit hard on the team but really if the organization cares enough about winning then nobody will be as hard on them as they will be on themselves. And until they finally put it together and win one none of this goes away. Only the team can change that.

Just remember, we all live and die for the team and there is no need to call someone else out for the way they deal with losses because as you are discovering we all do it in different ways.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post

And then there is Floyd, who is well known for his tongue-in-cheek attitude. It's part of his character, and won't likely change. It may seem disrespectful on the surface, but most of the time he doesn't really mean to hurt, he just won't let things slide if he disagrees.
    Not sure what you are getting at but I am never disrespectful to anyone unless they go that way first. I do have my opinion and since this is a fan site I state things the way I feel they are. If that chaps a hide or two then so be it. I think though if you look back at my positions they are generally supported in the end.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Not sure what you are getting at but I am never disrespectful to anyone unless they go that way first. I do have my opinion and since this is a fan site I state things the way I feel they are. If that chaps a hide or two then so be it. I think though if you look back at my positions they are generally supported in the end.
    Ego is a horrible thing to waste.

And, basically, since every team fails eventually, if you keep on being negative, then, eventually, you'll be right.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Relax.
    There are way more important things in the world

Keep it all in perspective.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Ego is a horrible thing to waste.

And, basically, since every team fails eventually, if you keep on being negative, then, eventually, you'll be right.

=Z=
    Lmao

Thanks z lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345