Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    How cheap is that?
    In MM defense & in yours, he did fork out some cash for Moss & a few others. That $102 million dollar contract Culpepper signed was BS. He only saw & would ever see a mere fraction of that.

The year he signed the contract he got a $10 mil bonus & $1.5M salary. In 2004 & 2005 his salaries were $535,000 & $540,000.

His cheapness really reared it's ugly head when he gave Tice the HC job. Not only did he make him the lowest paid HC, but he didn't allow him [Tice] to spend money on decent qualified coaches to surround himself with. Thus we ended up with "Blue-Light Special" Ted Cottrell as our DC.

When his OC, Scott Linehan left for Miami, Red didn't allow Tice to hire a new OC & told him to make due with what he had.

Tice then had to make Loney pull double duty & be not only the OL coach, but the OC as well.

Make no mistake about it, outside some of the star players salaries, Red was a tightwad.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not as bad as Erin or EJ but he is not an elite LB.

Blog Entries
    AP had less than 80 yards rushing I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    AP deserves every penny. However, that Greenway contract is disgusting. He has been our worst defensive starter all year. 43 million? Yuck!
    Worse than Tyrell?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In MM defense & in yours, he did fork out some cash for Moss & a few others. That $102 million dollar contract Culpepper signed was BS. He only saw & would ever see a mere fraction of that.

The year he signed the contract he got a $10 mil bonus & $1.5M salary. In 2004 & 2005 his salaries were $535,000 & $540,000.

His cheapness really reared it's ugly head when he gave Tice the HC job. Not only did he make him the lowest paid HC, but he didn't allow him [Tice] to spend money on decent qualified coaches to surround himself with. Thus we ended up with "Blue-Light Special" Ted Cottrell as our DC.

When his OC, Scott Linehan left for Miami, Red didn't allow Tice to hire a new OC & told him to make due with what he had.

Tice then had to make Loney pull double duty & be not only the OL coach, but the OC as well.

Make no mistake about it, outside some of the star players salaries, Red was a tightwad.
    No rebuttal here. After Red grew tired of the situation and wanted out he went on a fire sale that gutted the team. All I am saying is things started out well and then fell south and until we see how Wilf handles the next few years I am holding off judgement because it just might end up Deja Vu all over again.

No rebuttal here. After Red grew tired of the situation and wanted out he went on a fire sale that gutted the team. All I am saying is things started out well and then fell south and until we see how Wilf handles the next few years I am holding off judgement because it just might end up Deja Vu all over again.
    The odds of Wilf growing tired of it & either selling the team or moving them to LA are about the same as the Viking chances of signing over the hill veteran QB's during Wilf's ownership.

Blog Entries
    The odds of Wilf growing tired of it & either selling the team or moving them to LA are about the same as the Viking chances of signing over the hill veteran QB's during Wilf's ownership.
    Sounds right. I include the odds that I said in the pre season of the fans lasting about 4 weeks before giving up on McNabb.

Sounds right. I include the odds that I said in the pre season of the fans lasting about 4 weeks before giving up on McNabb.
    Some fans have been harping the past 4 years to bring McNabb in here. Every offseason since 2007 a new McNabb to MN thread would get started here.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-02-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Some fans have been harping the past 4 years to bring McNabb in here. Every offseason since 2007 a new McNabb to MN thread would get started here.
    Trust me, I know that and when he signed with the Vikings I won a bet I made with my wife 5 years ago that he would play for the Vikings before it was all said and done. I would have rather paid up.

Blog Entries
    I have Peyton Manning on my washed up QB of the future list right now. Not sure how long it will take for him to hit rock bottom but when he does we will be ready for him.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast