Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gift2 is offline Training Camp

Want to know who is responsible for this?

You are. I speaking of course to those who demanded the head of the coach that won us 2 division championships & a trip to the NFC championship. Remember when were were relevant? Maybe firing a winning coach after one bad year isn't how you win championships.

This is what you wanted, this is what your getting.

mrhurriicane is offline Waterboy
    Coaches don't play. Players do.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift2 View Post
    You are. I speaking of course to those who demanded the head of the coach that won us 2 division championships & a trip to the NFC championship. Remember when were were relevant? Maybe firing a winning coach after one bad year isn't how you win championships.

Would that be the same coach that left us with this lovely Offensive line? With this phenominal QB situation? With the fantastic Receiver corps we have? THAT coach?

Firing Chiller was a step in the right direction....trouble is, Wilf hired from Chiller staff. Instead of seeking a seasoned HC, Wilf chose to hire Frazier and keep pretending he (Wilf) is a "football guy".

If you seriously believe that Chiller was going to right the wrongs of '10, then you seriously need to take a hard look at the "progress" this team has made since the firing of Denny Green.

Who is REALLY responsible for this? Zygi Wilf.

Caine

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift2 View Post

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails batmanlol.jpg  

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Wilf is responsible. He is the one who hired Childress without even talking to a single other person and then gave him nearly unilateral control of the roster. Then, after the team was left in shambles and the lesson was there to learn from he once again failed to hire a GM and instead hired from within without having a legitimate search for the next coach.

I am getting the feeling he is trying to get the fans so pissed at the team that they don't care when he packs up and moves to Beverly. Hills that is. Swimming pools, movie stars.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Jesus Christ! Enough with that garbage. How can you blame this on a passionate owner who has spent more than almost any other owner on his team? He's not a football guy, and never claimed to be. He even offered up 400 MILLION DOLLARS of his OWN MONEY for the new stadium. It's the state of Minnesota that's to blame for that fiasco. It's embarrassing. Would you guys rather have Red McCombs back? Give me a break. This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard. You both should be ashamed of yourselves. Without Zygi, this team would be in LA already.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Jesus Christ! Enough with that garbage. How can you blame this on a passionate owner who has spent more than almost any other owner on his team?
    I have a feeling you will probably answer that one yourself.

He's not a football guy, and never claimed to be.
    Yep. You just did. He is not a football guy and yet he failed to hire a real GM to run the team and instead stuck his brother, who also isn't a football guy, in a position where experience and knowledge of running a team are paramount to success.

He even offered up 400 MILLION DOLLARS of his OWN MONEY for the new stadium. It's the state of Minnesota that's to blame for that fiasco.
    Yep, he finally did that and I commend him for that contribution. However, the state is hard to blame when the team signed a 30 year lease when the entered into an agreement for the one they play in now so where was the incentive for the state to do anything for the first 10 years of the battle. Once it got time we hit the worst depression since the great one and the state is in a huge deficit. Not really a good timing for the team or the state .

It's embarrassing. Would you guys rather have Red McCombs back? Give me a break.
    Actually Red was looked on as a pretty good owner too until he decided to gut the team and we might get there yet with Wilf. But go back and look at what Red put together with the 98 team and the talent he assembled before he lost his give a shit and he was looking pretty good.

This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard.
    Seriously? I can think of a worse one by a guy who actually thought McChunky would get us to the playoffs.

Y
    ou both should be ashamed of yourselves. Without Zygi, this team would be in LA already.
    Child please.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Here I was, all set to tee-off on that response, when I realized that Floyd handled it beautifully. Nicely done.

Caine

Brett Favre.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Here I was, all set to tee-off on that response, when I realized that Floyd handled it beautifully. Nicely done.

Caine
    With 1 exception.

Red didn't put together the 1998 team.... he bought it.

The 1998 draft & Free Agency periods already happened before he bought it on July 3rd of 1998.

It just took him awhile after that to ruin it with his penny-pinching.

I hate to see people give him credit for the 1998 season when it isn't due.

McCombs Buys Vikings
    Last edited by singersp; 10-02-2011 at 06:39 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast