Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Wait for funding could force Vikes out of Minnesota

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Metrodome generates the NFL's lowest revenue, and the Vikings are a revenue-sharing drain on the NFL.
    Kindof says it all right there doesn't it? :
    Then you'd think that the NFL would do more to help us out.
    :-\
    I kindof liken that to "spreading the wealth" my friend.

The guy down the street isn't making enough and I am making a bit more of my share so now I have to give him some of mine..... :

Long story short, in this business, it won't take long for the other partners on the street to say, "Hey, I'm done handing out with no hope in sight, lets move him to a place that he will make a bit more" so they don't have to keep taking out of their pockets.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

im sure the vikes will still be here.

the entire country is having money troubles. so im sure the vikes would give minnesota a break here

Azurel is offline Waterboy

Yea like L.A. is such a great revenue maker.....How many team have went out there just to move away cause the nut jobs out there are more into themselves then they are sports. Now if you handed them all mirrors so they could look at themselves while they watch the game it might work. They move to L.A then they will be a bust out there....The may like basketball but that is about it......Rams, Raiders all though L.A> was the answer and look where they are at now......Seem to me the Rams are better off in St. Louis and the Raiders moved back home to Oakland.....Zigi is pipe dreaming if he moved the team, there are certain teams that just should stay where they are cause that is what has help make their identity.....

"Azurel" wrote:
    Yea like L.A. is such a great revenue maker.....How many team have went out there just to move away cause the nut jobs out there are more into themselves then they are sports. Now if you handed them all mirrors so they could look at themselves while they watch the game it might work. They move to L.A then they will be a bust out there....The may like basketball but that is about it......Rams, Raiders all though L.A> was the answer and look where they are at now......Seem to me the Rams are better off in St. Louis and the Raiders moved back home to Oakland.....Zigi is pipe dreaming if he moved the team, there are certain teams that just should stay where they are cause that is what has help make their identity.....
    There are other venues that could/would be willing to support a team my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

What I don't get is why they didn't support a new stadium back when times were good and the Vikings were winning - you know, right when Red took over.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The team will be missed

NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

I'd become one of those guys without a favorite team.

I sure as hell am not going to become a stinkin' Bears, Lions, or Packer fan!
    I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.

I'm tired of this. The MSFC will hand the Vikings the Metrodome when the Gophers and Twins are out. That means there is no lease; Vikings will own the Stadium as of October 2009. Chill out.
    As for Los Angeles, Goodell the nut wants to expand the league with two expansions in LA and probably one in London, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver...

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I'm tired of this. The MSFC will hand the Vikings the Metrodome when the Gophers and Twins are out. That means there is no lease; Vikings will own the Stadium as of October 2009. Chill out.
    As for Los Angeles, Goodell the nut wants to expand the league with two expansions in LA and probably one in London, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver...
    Why oh why will owning the Metrodome fix things?
    It will still be the same limited luxury suites and poor facilities (been there twice, stood in piss both times) that doesn't generate the revenue needed these days.

It won't take much for the league and the owner to move the team as I am sure they are both tired of the financial burden that is called the Metrodome.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    What?
    Did I miss something?
    When was it ever decided that the MSFC will give the Metrodome to the Vikings?
    The most I ever heard was that any revenue generated from the destruction of the dome would be used toward a new stadium.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast