Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

[size=13pt]Wade just trying to contribute[/size]

Receiver also willing to return punts, kicks

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 08/22/2007 12:13:48 AM CDT

...Wade, who signed a five-year, $15 million contract in the offseason, isn't ready to cast himself as the receiving corps' top dog....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Wade just trying to contribute

Nice read my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

[size=13pt]5 years in, Wade finally gets big chance at WR[/size]

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer
    yahoo.com

August 23, 2007

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Bobby Wade has all of 101 catches and two touchdowns after four seasons in the NFL.

Yet on the Minnesota Vikings youthful receiver corps, that's enough to make him a mentor.

Call him Obi-Wade........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Things change quickly in the NFL, some of the same naysayers might be sporting his jersey next year....then again, maybe not.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Fact: For the Vikings to sport a winning record this year, Jackson, Wade, Williamson, and Shiancoe all need to have their best years ever.

The sad part is that isn't saying much. They need to double/triple their productivity actually.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Asked if he's the No. 1 receiver, Wade said, "That's tough."

"I think that all shakes down to opportunities, and it's really hard to even get a good grasp on that right now, without even playing a real game, against a real opponent. All I can do is, when my number is called, step up to the plate and just capitalize on that opportunity. And that's all anybody can do in this offense."
    That is a great attitude.
    Nobody has to feel like the star.
    TW doesn't have the pressure of being "the guy" and neither does Wade.
    Now all they have to do is perform.

I really like how Wade has been getting open.
    He also runs well after the catch.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    Fact: For the Vikings to sport a winning record this year, Jackson, Wade, Williamson, and Shiancoe all need to have their best years ever.

The sad part is that isn't saying much. They need to double/triple their productivity actually.
    I don't know if they all need to have the best years of their career in order for us to have a winning record.
    I really think that we will be able to have a winning record with just an average offense.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

I don't know if they all need to have the best years of their career in order for us to have a winning record.
    I really think that we will be able to have a winning record with just an average offense.
    I would normally agree with that completely...but we lack in special teams too.
    Our D is solid, but I think we need at least average numbers out of either the special teams, or offense to really be playoff caliber. (probably both)

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

"Prophet" wrote:
    Things change quickly in the NFL, some of the same naysayers might be sporting his jersey next year....then again, maybe not.
    The naysayers should look at the stats.
    He was underused in the past, but when he was thrown to, he caught the ball for a good average gain.
    He's going to be a great addition.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:

That's a fact?
    Here's a fact, if the Vikings scored one more TD in six of their games last year they would have finished 12-4.
    If the Vikings keep a comparable defense and step it up even a little in offense the tides will change.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast