Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    [size=13pt]Wade just trying to contribute[/size]

    Receiver also willing to return punts, kicks

    BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

    Article Last Updated: 08/22/2007 12:13:48 AM CDT



    ...Wade, who signed a five-year, $15 million contract in the offseason, isn't ready to cast himself as the receiving corps' top dog....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute

    Nice read my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    [size=13pt]5 years in, Wade finally gets big chance at WR[/size]

    By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer
    yahoo.com

    August 23, 2007


    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Bobby Wade has all of 101 catches and two touchdowns after four seasons in the NFL.

    Yet on the Minnesota Vikings youthful receiver corps, that's enough to make him a mentor.

    Call him Obi-Wade........

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    Things change quickly in the NFL, some of the same naysayers might be sporting his jersey next year....then again, maybe not.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    Fact: For the Vikings to sport a winning record this year, Jackson, Wade, Williamson, and Shiancoe all need to have their best years ever.

    The sad part is that isn't saying much. They need to double/triple their productivity actually.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #6
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    Asked if he's the No. 1 receiver, Wade said, "That's tough."

    "I think that all shakes down to opportunities, and it's really hard to even get a good grasp on that right now, without even playing a real game, against a real opponent. All I can do is, when my number is called, step up to the plate and just capitalize on that opportunity. And that's all anybody can do in this offense."
    That is a great attitude.
    Nobody has to feel like the star.
    TW doesn't have the pressure of being "the guy" and neither does Wade.
    Now all they have to do is perform.

    I really like how Wade has been getting open.
    He also runs well after the catch.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    "V" wrote:
    Fact: For the Vikings to sport a winning record this year, Jackson, Wade, Williamson, and Shiancoe all need to have their best years ever.

    The sad part is that isn't saying much. They need to double/triple their productivity actually.
    I don't know if they all need to have the best years of their career in order for us to have a winning record.
    I really think that we will be able to have a winning record with just an average offense.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Fact: For the Vikings to sport a winning record this year, Jackson, Wade, Williamson, and Shiancoe all need to have their best years ever.

    The sad part is that isn't saying much. They need to double/triple their productivity actually.
    I don't know if they all need to have the best years of their career in order for us to have a winning record.
    I really think that we will be able to have a winning record with just an average offense.
    I would normally agree with that completely...but we lack in special teams too.
    Our D is solid, but I think we need at least average numbers out of either the special teams, or offense to really be playoff caliber. (probably both)

  9. #9
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Things change quickly in the NFL, some of the same naysayers might be sporting his jersey next year....then again, maybe not.
    The naysayers should look at the stats.
    He was underused in the past, but when he was thrown to, he caught the ball for a good average gain.
    He's going to be a great addition.

  10. #10
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Wade just trying to contribute - 5 years in, finally gets big chance at WR

    "V" wrote:
    Fact: For the Vikings to sport a winning record this year, Jackson, Wade, Williamson, and Shiancoe all need to have their best years ever.

    The sad part is that isn't saying much. They need to double/triple their productivity actually.
    That's a fact?
    Here's a fact, if the Vikings scored one more TD in six of their games last year they would have finished 12-4.
    If the Vikings keep a comparable defense and step it up even a little in offense the tides will change.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings RB Toby Gerhart ready to contribute
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM
  2. Wade Phillips Says It Takes 4 Years to Judge Coach
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
  3. Connecticut boy finally takes off Favre jersey after years
    By SharperImage in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 02:56 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 08:13 PM
  5. Vikings: Rookies Contribute to Defensive Effort
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 05:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •