Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote on Tice

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Vote on Tice

I don't know about all of you but I for one are not happy with the way Wilf treated Tice. I don't know much about what happened but I think a guy that gave 13 or 14 years with an organization deserves better treatment.

I have not hidden my non-approval as Tice as the HC but at the same time, I wouldn't have liked to see him given another year since he was instrumental in turning this team around this year. Granted, some of it may have been his fault in the first place but not many coaches can do that.

Either way, I think it was in bad taste to fire him within an hour after the last game of the season. Even if you don't like Tice, the man is human and that's like a nationwide slap in the face.

Just my opinion. What do the rest of you think?

Prophet Guest

Re: Vote on Tice

http://purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17397

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that Wilf is a putz on this issue...but he IS the owner and we are stuck with him no matter what...much like the Skins fans are stuck with The Danny! Let's hope that he gets his head out of his A$$ and starts to make better PR moves than what he did on Sunday...otherwise, he will make Red look GOOD! ukeright:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

I seriously doubt he will ever make Redneck look good. He is putting coin into the team and wants to win.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Isn't there 3 threads that are already dealing with this issue, ejmat you should look around a bit before you post threads you are liable to get Ultra mad at you.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I wasn't too surprised by it, I just wasn't expecting to hear that he got his walking papers right after the game after we won. But it's done with, I'm looking foward to something new, hopefully it all works out for the best.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry if this was posted previously. I really don't have the time to go searching all around to see if someone else shared my ideas or didn't. If I have something I want to post and I haven't read about it before I will post it. If you already read and posted things about it I'm sorry but you don't have to respond or read it. I'm not trying to be a jerk but just understand I don't read every thread nor do I have the time to search every thread to make sure things weren't already posted.

As for others that don't mind talking about this in this thread thank you for your responses. I totally understand that Wilf is the owner and that is a good thing. He's willing to spend the money and that's good. I just thought Tice was treated a little unfairly. I think most of us saw his firing coming but it was the manner of how and when it was done. People do deserve some respect in my opinion whether you like them or not.

Del Rio Guest

I think he is lucky he made it the whole season.

And I will worry about it when he cries about it instead of the newly formed fan ethics commitee who seem to add and subtract from the story to fit their views.

If Tice came out and said they did me wrong then I would maybe think twice about it. Even then there have been players and other coaches treated worse then Tice in the past for the Vikings.

Basically I could care less. I think what Wilf did was fine.

Prophet Guest

I'm surprised he made it the whole season too. Since he requested the asap notification he should be pissed that it took them almost a half an hour after the game to notify him, slackers.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think he is lucky he made it the whole season.

And I will worry about it when he cries about it instead of the newly formed fan ethics commitee who seem to add and subtract from the story to fit their views.

If Tice came out and said they did me wrong then I would maybe think twice about it. Even then there have been players and other coaches treated worse then Tice in the past for the Vikings.

Basically I could care less. I think what Wilf did was fine.
    he was lucky he lasted the whole season..like most jobs..when you get fired, its immediately, or do they give you time to think about when its going to take place, and that its coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast