i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vote for the New Vikings Defensive Line Nickname

HEY wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    Check out my new signature picture!

I love the "Shock & A.W.W.E."-nickname!
    Not only is all of the four linemen representet for each letter in the "AWWE" but also in the right order with the Williams "Brothers" in the middle.

Quote from Wikipedia:
    Shock and awe; technically known as rapid dominance, is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight.
    That just summed up our defensive line.

PS: Took the main picture from the frontpage at Vikings.com
    so what happens if we lose a DE, or when pat leaves in a year. Say for example we get Kampman over Edwards, that name is scrapped... Shock and AWWK just doesn't work.
    Haha! I see what you mean, but this is a one-in-a-lifetime chance to use this name.

The Four Norsemen or Purple Reign can always be used, but Shock & A.W.W.E. is unique.
    Plus, it wouldn't be the same D-line if one of them should leave the team anyway.
    so what if Pat leaves, and we get someone else to fill in, and does a good job and we're still the best line in the league, are we going to have to vote for ANOTHER nickname? I personally like a name that describes something ferocious. PPE was good, they eat people, devour runners and sack the QB. Wall of America is interesting, as it has relevence to the area, and also they're like a wall, can't be penetrated.

Not sure about things like four norsemen. what, just four Vikings? Hell, throw in anyone and we could call them the four norsemen. It really has no meaning to it that truly sounds awesome.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    Check out my new signature picture!

I love the "Shock & A.W.W.E."-nickname!
    Not only is all of the four linemen representet for each letter in the "AWWE" but also in the right order with the Williams "Brothers" in the middle.

Quote from Wikipedia:
    Shock and awe; technically known as rapid dominance, is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight.
    That just summed up our defensive line.

PS: Took the main picture from the frontpage at Vikings.com
    so what happens if we lose a DE, or when pat leaves in a year. Say for example we get Kampman over Edwards, that name is scrapped... Shock and AWWK just doesn't work.
    Haha! I see what you mean, but this is a one-in-a-lifetime chance to use this name.

The Four Norsemen or Purple Reign can always be used, but Shock & A.W.W.E. is unique.
    Plus, it wouldn't be the same D-line if one of them should leave the team anyway.
    so what if Pat leaves, and we get someone else to fill in, and does a good job and we're still the best line in the league, are we going to have to vote for ANOTHER nickname? I personally like a name that describes something ferocious. PPE was good, they eat people, devour runners and sack the QB. Wall of America is interesting, as it has relevence to the area, and also they're like a wall, can't be penetrated.

Not sure about things like four norsemen. what, just four Vikings? Hell, throw in anyone and we could call them the four norsemen. It really has no meaning to it that truly sounds awesome.
    I like Wall of America too. It is my second favorite for a couple of reasons. Like you said, the name has relevence to the area as the home stadium is "Mall of America". The name could also include previous years as the "Williams Wall" stopped everything that tried to get through.

Wall of America is definitely not a bad choice.

I'm not that big of a fan of the "Four Norsemen" either. It's cool, but not unique or original at all.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    You ever hear the stable called the Four Horsemen? They were a feared group of fighters.

Change horsemen into Norsemen.. and you TRULY have a feared group.

Simple with meaning. It's not reaching too far.

Wall of America sounds too.. I dunno.. General. Could be used for any team (the Patriots/Cowboys comes to mind when I hear that phrase). It's good. But I still like the Norsemen one.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

FootBallGal is offline Waterboy

Re:Vote for the New Vikings Defensive Line Nickname

I am the person who submitted "Purple Reign" because it covers a range of meanings. Of course, the home of Prince and his hit "Purple Rain"--that's an obvious one. The twist on the spelling "Reign" suggests royalty and also is what you use to control horses...like "reign in" as the DL does to the opposing offense. You see? It's clever on many levels, if I do say so myself!
    None

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Overrated should be an option

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

V4L wrote:
    AMEN
    Lets hope they go back to the way they were playing before.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re:Vote for the New Vikings Defensive Line Nicknam

V4L wrote:
    Agreed, I will not be voting.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

FootBallGal is offline Waterboy

LOL!
    None