Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vote: McNabb For Vikings QB in 08'

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    On a side note.

I am still holding out hope that Holcomb, now that he has been given some time could/can run this offense a little bit better than we have seen.

We might get a chance to see that plan in motion next week.

:
    I think your hope about Holcomb is probably correct, but he is not the answer for the future. Mcnabb could be the answer, T-jack may be the answer (not looking good now though) too. Its hard to say I think if we could get him you have to though. Then at least the franchise has a couple of stars to get the tickets sold and just get the viking fan base more fired up. It would seem to fix a glairing need though...

Maybe T-jack could learn from him then, to T-jacks credit he doesnt have a veteran QB to mentor him and never really had a chance to learn from Brad Johnson. I hope T-jack works out and we dont need to spend a butt load of cash to get an aging star which is what the Vikings have done a lot in their history it seems.
    Very nice my friend.

A failing on my part I guess, as I am somewhat of a minority on this, but I believe that Players play and Coaches coach.

I am not really to sure on what everyone believes a vet really teaches the youngster.
    He would, IMHO, do nothing that could/would jeopordize his role on the team as being relagated to a back up and that means teaching a rookie how to take his place.

Case in point, what Lord Favreeeeeee said about teach Aron Brooks.
    Something along the lines of, let him learn on his own, I don't have time to teach him or it isn't my job to teach him or something like that.
    That's because favre is a selfish player. An unselfish player would think about the team before his own preciouse ego.
    You might be right, however, it has been my observation that most jocks are pretty much pricks with a few exceptions.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    That's because favre is a selfish player. An unselfish player would think about the team before his own preciouse ego.
    Really... Brett tutored how many starting NFL QB's over the years, including the one on the roster currently in Aaron Rodgers and you think he is selfish... holy cow.. I am starting to think I am on a Viking board or something

Seriously though, Brett has gone out of his way to help fellow players along, spent a couple of million helping in th Katrina aftermath, and almost always has his players back. Other than Walker a few years back, never ripped anyone outright unless they deserved it. And Favre was spot on with the Walker comments..

Look at your own roster and you can see a glory hound at Safety..

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Really... Brett tutored how many starting NFL QB's over the years, including the one on the roster currently in Aaron Rodgers and you think he is selfish... holy cow.. I am starting to think I am on a Viking board or something

Seriously though, Brett has gone out of his way to help fellow players along, spent a couple of million helping in th Katrina aftermath, and almost always has his players back. Other than Walker a few years back, never ripped anyone outright unless they deserved it. And Favre was spot on with the Walker comments..

Since when is Sharper a glory hound?!

"pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Really... Brett tutored how many starting NFL QB's over the years
    Now I know I'm no expert on GB backups of past, but other than Matt Hasselbeck I can't think of any GOOD starting QBs that came from favre's mentoring... and really Hasselbeck's success(?) is more a result of Holgram and Dilfer (of all people) than any thing farve did/did not do...

TrueVikingFan is offline Waterboy

The ultimate possible vikings offesensive squad for 2008 season.
    This squad would require a couple of sacfices.

Donvan McNabb-
    Receive by first round 2008 first round trade, (since we might have a high pick in the draft),

Chad Johnson-
    He's really starting to hate the Bengals, and he is getting frustrated.
    If we aquire donvan mcnabb, he would surley be looking at minnesota as a possible destation. - Recieve by 2 round 2008 pick, and a 2 round 2009 pick.

Adrian Peterson- Already have him, dont need to explain, you've seen his potential.

I also would honestly want to say that T-jack is the quarterback of the future, but not the present.

Keep Chester Taylor, he could be a good player on 3rd downs, so
    this would help our 3rd down percetnage.
    I like Chester too.

On the other side of Chad could be Sideny Rice.
    He has so much leap power, he has potential.

Another player we could receive to develop if no one has been seeing but me, but he's on a bad team, so his stats suffer is Cleo Lemons from the Dolphins.
    He can run, throw, and we can work on fixing his accuracy, not saying its bad.

Instead of saying How about Dem Cowboys, shout How About Minnesota's turn around.
    All this are huge possbilities that can happen so keep your hopes up.
    Stay a True fan, belive me it will pay off.

One more thing, trade Mewledew (remeber i said there would be some sacrfices) for a draft pick.
    Put Brian Robison in the game more.

This could happen but our coach Brad Childress is too dumb to see it.
    It's right there in our hands.
    Fire Brad and higher Matt Schonehier.
    Now is that the ultimate squad.
    I'd rather have Mike Tice Back.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Since when is Sharper a glory hound?!
    There's a difference between being one of the best... if not the best... player at your position and being a glory hound.

When Favre says things like it's not his job to mentor an incoming rookie QB, that's a glory hound. If it doesn't benefit Favre... Favre doesn't want anything to do with it.

Sharper just has the most picks in the entire league since the year 2000... He doesn't complain or say "It's not his job" to do something that benefits the team.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Nope...Derek Anderson will most likely be a better, younger, cheaper option.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"vikesfaninseattle" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Really... Brett tutored how many starting NFL QB's over the years
    Now I know I'm no expert on GB backups of past, but other than Matt Hasselbeck I can't think of any GOOD starting QBs that came from favre's mentoring... and really Hasselbeck's success(?) is more a result of Holgram and Dilfer (of all people) than any thing farve did/did not do...
    Ahhh, sit a spell with Matt and ask him who has had the most impact on his professional career.. seriously.

Matt Hasselbeck
    Ty Detmer with the Eagles
    Mark Brunnell with Jacksonville
    Aaron Brooks
    Doug Pederson

Brunnell and Hasselbeck probably the most.. I won't count Warner in a training camp...

Point is, Brett is far from selfish..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"TrueVikingFan" wrote:

Donvan McNabb-
    Receive by first round 2008 first round trade, (since we might have a high pick in the draft),

Chad Johnson-
    If we aquire donvan mcnabb, he would surley be looking at minnesota as a possible destation. - Recieve by 2 round 2008 pick, and a 2 round 2009 pick.

Adrian Peterson- Already have him, dont need to explain, you've seen his potential.

I also would honestly want to say that T-jack is the quarterback of the future, but not the present.

I like Chester too.

Another player we could receive to develop if no one has been seeing but me, but he's on a bad team, so his stats suffer is Cleo Lemons from the Dolphins.

Instead of saying How about Dem Cowboys, shout How About Minnesota's turn around.

One more thing, trade Mewledew (remeber i said there would be some sacrfices) for a draft pick.

Now is that the ultimate squad.
    I'd rather have Mike Tice Back.
    Too late to trade MeMo...deadline already passed...and he will be a FA after the season...so we might as well play the crap out of him and get our money's worth.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TrueVikingFan" wrote:

Donvan McNabb-

Chad Johnson-

I like Chester too.

Now is that the ultimate squad. I'd rather have Mike Tice Back.
    Since this is your first post, I promise to be nice....
    Skol and welcome.

Mice Tice was NOT the answer.
    Childress might not be either, but the only thing Tice did was keep putting duct tape on the team to hide the fact that it was falling apart.

And just because some fans would like to see us pick up McNabb and CJ in free agency doesn't mean that it will automatically happen... unless we are talking about Madden.

Also, the "true fan" thing is like a burning match in a fireworks store around here.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast