Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vote: McNabb For Vikings QB in 08'

Man, i wish we would have picked up Garica in the offseason....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

On a side note.

I am still holding out hope that Holcomb, now that he has been given some time could/can run this offense a little bit better than we have seen.

We might get a chance to see that plan in motion next week.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"AngloVike" wrote:
    The only thing with doing that is that we're going to have a QB that is getting on in years, and so we'll be looking at a replacement within 18 months. So we're only going to have a very short term gain... does that work as a realistic plan?
    I'm down with bring in McNabb on the basis that maybe T-Jack could actually develop into a starter if McNabb were his mentor... after all isn't that what Chili wants, a QB that looks like McNabb did in his prime?

Having said that, I'd rather ditch Chili, bring in Cowher, and draft a QB with some actual potential.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    On a side note.

I am still holding out hope that Holcomb, now that he has been given some time could/can run this offense a little bit better than we have seen.

:
    I think your hope about Holcomb is probably correct, but he is not the answer for the future. Mcnabb could be the answer, T-jack may be the answer (not looking good now though) too. Its hard to say I think if we could get him you have to though. Then at least the franchise has a couple of stars to get the tickets sold and just get the viking fan base more fired up. It would seem to fix a glairing need though...

Maybe T-jack could learn from him then, to T-jacks credit he doesnt have a veteran QB to mentor him and never really had a chance to learn from Brad Johnson. I hope T-jack works out and we dont need to spend a butt load of cash to get an aging star which is what the Vikings have done a lot in their history it seems.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    :
    haha.... hooray? I.... guess....(?)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"vikesfaninseattle" wrote:

Having said that, I'd rather ditch Chili, bring in Cowher, and draft a QB with actually potential.
    Cowher sure developed some all-star talent at QB didn't he... name one QB that put up big numbers under Cowher.. they all managed the game and ran the ball to a great degree.. play stout defense and not let the QB kill you..

Hmm, probably would be a good fit with the current talent the Vikes have.. bad idea for the Packers and the North.. I vote keep Chilly..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cyviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    On a side note.

:
    I think your hope about Holcomb is probably correct, but he is not the answer for the future. Mcnabb could be the answer, T-jack may be the answer (not looking good now though) too. Its hard to say I think if we could get him you have to though. Then at least the franchise has a couple of stars to get the tickets sold and just get the viking fan base more fired up. It would seem to fix a glairing need though...

Maybe T-jack could learn from him then, to T-jacks credit he doesnt have a veteran QB to mentor him and never really had a chance to learn from Brad Johnson. I hope T-jack works out and we dont need to spend a butt load of cash to get an aging star which is what the Vikings have done a lot in their history it seems.
    Very nice my friend.

A failing on my part I guess, as I am somewhat of a minority on this, but I believe that Players play and Coaches coach.

I am not really to sure on what everyone believes a vet really teaches the youngster.
    He would, IMHO, do nothing that could/would jeopordize his role on the team as being relagated to a back up and that means teaching a rookie how to take his place.

Case in point, what Lord Favreeeeeee said about teach Aron Brooks.
    Something along the lines of, let him learn on his own, I don't have time to teach him or it isn't my job to teach him or something like that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    On a side note.

:

Very nice my friend.

A failing on my part I guess, as I am somewhat of a minority on this, but I believe that Players play and Coaches coach.

I am not really to sure on what everyone believes a vet really teaches the youngster.
    He would, IMHO, do nothing that could/would jeopordize his role on the team as being relagated to a back up and that means teaching a rookie how to take his place.

Something along the lines of, let him learn on his own, I don't have time to teach him or it isn't my job to teach him or something like that.
    That's because favre is a selfish player. An unselfish player would think about the team before his own preciouse ego.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Do you mean Aaron Rogers?

Nothing but respect Marr... just curious if I forgot about Brooks ever playing for GB.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "vikesfaninseattle" wrote:

Having said that, I'd rather ditch Chili, bring in Cowher, and draft a QB with actually potential.
    Cowher sure developed some all-star talent at QB didn't he... name one QB that put up big numbers under Cowher.. they all managed the game and ran the ball to a great degree.. play stout defense and not let the QB kill you..

Hmm, probably would be a good fit with the current talent the Vikes have.. bad idea for the Packers and the North.. I vote keep Chilly..

If I were a Packers fan (this makes me a little sick thinking about it :-X) I'd want Chili to stay in MN too...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast