Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    MNgriff is offline Rookie

Re: Vote: McNabb For Vikings QB in 08'

I don't understand what everyone has against McNabb other then the injuries. Good vision, strong arm, still can elude defenders(we saw that sunday), able to work with minimal talent at WR, great attitude, down to earth, strong family man(no love boat here), and he's a competitor. What's not to love? Maybe you're a Rush Limbaugh man?
    Skol

"MNgriff" wrote:
    I don't understand what everyone has against McNabb other then the injuries. Good vision, strong arm, still can elude defenders(we saw that sunday), able to work with minimal talent at WR, great attitude, down to earth, strong family man(no love boat here), and he's a competitor. What's not to love? Maybe you're a Rush Limbaugh man?
    I don't think bringing Rush Limbaugh in would be a good idea.
    I think he's a little over the hill and out of shape.
    I don't know if he really has an NFL arm and, let's face it, he was never that good of a QB.
    In addition to those problems, he'd take a long time to get ready.
    I'd figure he would need at least 6-8 months to get in shape.
    After that, he'd have to not only learn the offense, but also learn how to play football.
    I would expect that to take anywhere from 7-12 years, by which time AD will be past his prime.

Also, he'd probably be a cancer in the locker room.
    He's a big personality that seems to be all about 'ME.'

Okay, I actually wouldn't mind seeing McNabb on this team for a few years.
    But I want to see TJ, McNabb, and Derek Anderson finish the season before any serious talk about trading away picks or players for anybody.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

MNgriff is offline Rookie

"Overlord" wrote:
    "MNgriff" wrote:
    I don't know if he really has an NFL arm and, let's face it, he was never that good of a QB.
    After that, he'd have to not only learn the offense, but also learn how to play football.
    I would expect that to take anywhere from 7-12 years, by which time AD will be past his prime.

But I want to see TJ, McNabb, and Derek Anderson finish the season before any serious talk about trading away picks or players for anybody.
    LMFAO, that was hilarious. ;D I agree with you 100% that the year isn't even close to over and we're putting the cart about 50 miles before the horse. I do find it funny that we're even speculating about any of this. Maybe success can be measured by what week you start talking about "next year." Either way it's indicative of a poor organization that the number of fans and media are commenting in this manner on the future of the organization at this point in the season. It's alarming, and as a fan you can help but deflect the pain of the present with prospects of the future. Even if the situation will almost certainly be 100% different and our points won't be valid I'm going to argue like crazy with far fetched
    theories. ;D Isn't it fun? LOL
    Skol

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MNgriff" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "MNgriff" wrote:

LMFAO, that was hilarious. ;D I agree with you 100% that the year isn't even close to over and we're putting the cart about 50 miles before the horse. I do find it funny that we're even speculating about any of this. Maybe success can be measured by what week you start talking about "next year." Either way it's indicative of a poor organization that the number of fans and media are commenting in this manner on the future of the organization at this point in the season. It's alarming, and as a fan you can help but deflect the pain of the present with prospects of the future. Even if the situation will almost certainly be 100% different and our points won't be valid I'm going to argue like crazy with far fetched
    theories. ;D Isn't it fun? LOL
    There are alotof poor organizations out there then.
    Go visit a few other sites and you will see the same stuff from teams in better shape than we are in.
    ;D

Wash.
    Highest paid coaching staff.
    Calling for Gibbs head (again).
    Seattle.
    RB who continually keeps playing way below his contract level.
    Most fans think he won't play well again until his next contract year.
    Giants.
    Some of the "Fire the HC" stuff has quite since they started winning but it is still out there.

My friend, it is the nature of the beast for fans to beeeeyyyyyatch no matter what shape the team is in.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617