Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Vote: McNabb For Vikings QB in 08'

;D

Reunite him with Chilly

Complete more than 6 passes a game!

He might not look too good right now but we all know what he is capable and anything would be better than Jackson/Holcomb.

*SKOL!*

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Vote: McNabb For Vikings QB in 08'

"IBleedPurple11" wrote:
    ;D

Reunite him with Chilly

He might not look too good right now but we all know what he is capable and anything would be better than Jackson/Holcomb.

Doesn't a vote usually mean there is a poll with it?
    Only if we get Culpepper too, between the two of them one should be healthy for most games.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I'd take him in a heartbeat. (After this year! As long as TJ doesn't come unleashed.)

The most important person in a WCO is the QB.
    A QB is more important in the WCO than any other offense.

Theoretically;

He doesn't have much time, as the tight ends and backs should be running routes. So the quarterback needs to make that read and get the ball out fast. If it's to a runningback so be it. (look at Favre or even Brad Johnson.

He needs to be deadly accurate, as we need YAC, the whole system is about gaining YAC. By placing the ball in the right place.

Bill Walsh said that to make the system work the quarterback has to be able to beat 1 defender with his feet almost all the time.

Basically McNabb has done these things, TJ can beat guys with his feet, but can't make the play count after that (as of now).

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple11" wrote:
    ;D

Reunite him with Chilly

Doesn't a vote usually mean there is a poll with it?
    Only if we get Culpepper too, between the two of them one should be healthy for most games.
    TJ has missed more games this season than McNabb has, and now has a broken finger.

Injuries come down to luck, not how many a player has had in the last couple years.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Only if the brain trust (not just the Chiller mind you) decides that TJ isn't ready.
    ;D

We should have the CAP $$$ to do it.

Of course, I want to caveat this statement that no one on here can then start beeeeeyatching when he is hurt 3/4 of the season and TJ has to come back in and isn't ready.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MinnyFan is offline Rookie

all i know is i want to draft Andre Woodson to be our QB of the future, if we sign get mcnabb then we can give woodson some time to develope and learn from him, so i guess i'm all for getting mcnabb

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I'd take him in a heartbeat. (After this year! As long as TJ doesn't come unleashed.)

The most important person in a WCO is the QB.
    A QB is more important in the WCO than any other offense.

Theoretically;

He doesn't have much time, as the tight ends and backs should be running routes. So the quarterback needs to make that read and get the ball out fast. If it's to a runningback so be it. (look at Favre or even Brad Johnson.

He needs to be deadly accurate, as we need YAC, the whole system is about gaining YAC. By placing the ball in the right place.

Bill Walsh said that to make the system work the quarterback has to be able to beat 1 defender with his feet almost all the time.

Basically McNabb has done these things, TJ can beat guys with his feet, but can't make the play count after that (as of now).

Ummmm.. ???..idk about you but I have seen McNabb do more with 1 foot than TJ has done on his 2 feet. He has only had a few scrambles this year and thats because our WR's suck and dont know how to get open.

Also, WHY THE HELL DOES JACKSON throw the ball 150mph and over the head of every WR!!!
    >

I am really hoping for Jakcson to, somehow, have a break out game that will make him comfortable, but seriously, it looks like we dont even practice passing at practice all week.

:-\

It looks like our QB and WR's just met before the game. Horrible. Im so sick of F#$#ing losing every sunday!!!!!
    >

McNabb//Adrian Peterson//Chad Johnson... ;D ;D...Sounds good to me haha but not very likely to happen.

Knowing the Vikings, Chilly will probably say "This is our recieving core, I believe they can get it done" haha. IDK about you guys but the only WR I want to see on the Vikings next year from this year is SIDNEY RICE....

*SKOL!*

Frostbite is offline Coach

Another great point here Marrdo. These running Qbs....especially as they get older are so prone to injury. They are marked men and when they leave the pocket and embarrass defenders with there footwork it isn't long before somebody goes out of there way to lay a hard hit to head or other body part causing the "Out of Commission" look from there eyes. To often it's out for an entire season too.

I guess I am a little old school in my thinking. I mean it's nice and exciting to see the QB become another threat of offense on the field with the legs....but scares the bgeebers out of me too! Just look at how Culpepper faired running around in this League....and he is very big and strong.

Look at Brain Leftwich..Michael Vick...Anybody remember Steve Young?? How long can any of these guys last running around??? The amazing thing to me is how did Tarkenton survive and have such a long career?? And he did it without steroids....and with far less technical training and body conditioning than these guys get today.

So...do we take a chance on McNab?? Maybe...but we indeed better have a quality backup....

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The only thing with doing that is that we're going to have a QB that is getting on in years, and so we'll be looking at a replacement within 18 months. So we're only going to have a very short term gain... does that work as a realistic plan?

Maybe the answer is to wait til the season end, see what draft position we may have - assuming we have a high pick due to sucking the rest of this season. If we have a high enough pick that will get a good QB - not a blue chipper QB but a solid one - then maybe that might be too good a chance to turn down.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Only if the brain trust (not just the Chiller mind you) decides that TJ isn't ready.
    ;D

We should have the CAP $$$ to do it.

Of course, I want to caveat this statement that no one on here can then start beeeeeyatching when he is hurt 3/4 of the season and TJ has to come back in and isn't ready.
    :
    Exactly.

Part of me wants to see McNabb in a Vikes uniform... but the other half of me is very opposed to it.

I don't want T-Jack to pick up on McNabb's whining skills where he blames the media or anyone else for his problems/pressure.

I don't want a QB who is injured more often than not.

But McNabb is a fierce competitor... just hasn't proved it in games that matter yet. Maybe he could do so in a purple uni... that I would not mind at all.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast