VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

VKG's post season talk/rant and rave

Well, to put it mildly I am thoroughly disgusted with how our boys played at the end of the season. There were very few bright spots to even talk about but plenty of bad. I guess I'll start with the bright:

1. I think Tavaris Jackson will be the starter next year and hopefully he will be a little more comfortable after seeing a little action this year and after having another training camp under his belt.

2. Losing to the Rams not only kept the cheesedicks out of the playoffs, but got us a better draft pick.

3. Chester Taylor rushing for over 1,000 yards, even though he broke down late in the season.

4. Our rush defense.

Now for the not so good.

1. We have NO pass rush.

2. Our rush D falling apart in the last week of the season to miss out on the rushing record. (not that bad of a thing, just pissed me off).

3. Brad Johnson, played horrible pretty much all year.

4. Erasmus James hurt again, another worthless cheesedick pick!

5. Our pass D. Absolutely HORRIBLE.

6. Our offense. Plain.

7. Troy Williamson's dropsies. Will he pan out next year....unlikely.

8. The right side of the O line played horribly.

Things for next year:

1. Hopefully we are able to draft Calvin Johnson, if not possibly get Dwayne Jarrett.

2. Hopefully our o-line can gel for next year and the right side is better.

3. CT can stay healthy all year long.

4. The offense can be more explosive.

5. We have a better pass rush and pass DEFENSE!

Ok I'm done ranting.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: VKG's post season talk/rant and rave

Offense:

Our recievers were not pro bowl material by any means, but............... its hard to get them the ball when the QB (insert your favorite here) is getting pounded. Pass protection was woeful. If this season was any indication, our o-line is the most overpaid in tje NFL.

Defense:

I still in awe as to why we stuck with the cover two all year while nearly every QB we faced hung 300+ yds on us. Blame it on the lack of a pass rush or poor secondary, bottom line IT DID NOT WORK. Our offense need to score 20-30 points to overcome our lack of defense. We saw how that worked out.

The big question for the draft is offense or defense?
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Suick" wrote:
    Offense:

Our recievers were not pro bowl material by any means, but............... its hard to get them the ball when the QB (insert your favorite here) is getting pounded. Pass protection was woeful. If this season was any indication, our o-line is the most overpaid in tje NFL.

Defense:

I still in awe as to why we stuck with the cover two all year while nearly every QB we faced hung 300+ yds on us. Blame it on the lack of a pass rush or poor secondary, bottom line IT DID NOT WORK. Our offense need to score 20-30 points to overcome our lack of defense. We saw how that worked out.

The big question for the draft is offense or defense?
    You might want to check your numbers again.
    Only four teams put up more 300+ yards against us - New England, Green Bay (the first time), Arizona (who we beat), and the Jets.

Our pass defense didn't work, you are right.
    But abandoning the scheme halfway through the season wouldn't be the right thing to do either.
    It isn't like you can just throw a new book down in week 8 and say, OK boys... let's try this instead.
    I wish some different adjustments had been made, but the Cover 2 can be a very successful defense.
    Give it time...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mystophales is offline Rookie

For me this season was one of the worst in recent memory. In the past if we lost at least we looked good doing it and it was still an exciting team to watch. This year if we went down more than 10 points you just knew we were in a lot of trouble. Plain and simple I blame the coach. I can still recall his first press conference when I am not sure if it was meant as a pun or not but him saying that they were going to right the ship...either way a bad choice of words at the time. Discipline was number one on the list...hmm we still led the league in penalties but look at the bright side...there weren't any boat rides,YAY. If those boat rides would make the team play better I say schedule them every Monday.

Either way it really feels like we have a long way to go.

Anyone have Jimmy Johnson's phone number???