Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ranger is offline Coach

Re: Vision analysis helps Williamson

It surely can't HURT him.

If I remember correctly, a ball hit him in the face last year.
    I screamed incoherently at my television set until my wife threatened to kick me out of the house.
    It was mildly upsetting.

On the positive side, even if he never learns how to catch a football, at least he's been a man about it and tried to fix his issues.
    I'd rather have a guy be a bust who shows effort than a bust because he's lazy (you paying attention, Millen?).

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

Yeah, i remember getting all p'd off from time to time the past couple seasons because of passes bouncing off his facemask or hittin' him right in the numbers!
    lol
    i really do hope he can get rid of those freshman/sophomore jitters and have a break out season this year and for many to come.
    I know he's got it in him, but its on him to solve the problem.
    And it looks like he has been working hard on it.
    Time will tell.
    Get out there and whip it on, TWill!!!!
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]New Eyeballs Could Be the Difference for Vikes' Williamson[/size]

Posted May 28th 2007 1:25PM
    by Ryan Wilson
    AOL Sports

".....I take Childress' point. It's easy to pull for Troy Williamson despite his struggles as a former top-10 pick. For starters, he's taken full responsibility for playing like crap. That shouldn't be a big deal, but in the NFL, it is. Second, instead of blaming everybody else, he spent the off-season working to eliminate his weaknesses. (And when you list your profession on your W-4 as "NFL wide receiver," having vision problems certainly qualify as a weakness.) ..."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]New Eyeballs Could Be the Difference for Vikes' Williamson[/size]

Posted May 28th 2007 1:25PM
    by Ryan Wilson
    AOL Sports

".....I take Childress' point. It's easy to pull for Troy Williamson despite his struggles as a former top-10 pick. For starters, he's taken full responsibility for playing like crap. That shouldn't be a big deal, but in the NFL, it is. Second, instead of blaming everybody else, he spent the off-season working to eliminate his weaknesses. (And when you list your profession on your W-4 as "NFL wide receiver," having vision problems certainly qualify as a weakness.) ..."
    It's not much news, but I enjoyed reading it none the less. Really good little quote there. "For starters, he's taken full responsibility for playing like crap." You've got to love that one.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Wiledaddy is offline Waterboy

I am actually hopeful for Williamson this year.
    I don't expect huge things just a contribution and less errors.

I look at this vision thing in a couple of ways if he thinks that was the real problem and it turns out that it was the issue then he has worked hard and fixed the problem and if he thinks it is the problem and the real problem was confidence and mental weakness he may have convinced himself it was the vision thing and thus fixed the problem anyway.

Good Luck Troy I am pullin for ya!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Wiledaddy" wrote:
    I am actually hopeful for Williamson this year.
    I don't expect huge things just a contribution and less errors.

I look at this vision thing in a couple of ways if he thinks that was the real problem and it turns out that it was the issue then he has worked hard and fixed the problem and if he thinks it is the problem and the real problem was confidence and mental weakness he may have convinced himself it was the vision thing and thus fixed the problem anyway.

Good Luck Troy I am pullin for ya!
    Ah yes, psychology at its finest.
    For all I care they could have just hypnotized him into thinking he can catch.

Good start WD.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123