Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Viqueens vs. Cards

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    My two cents.....I think you are right those who make the argument that Winfield will adjust as well as anyone to the stricter enforcement of the chuck rule.

Has anyone besides me considered it reasonable to abolish the pass interference penalties as they exist? Here's what I think and believe. The NFL game should be the purest of sports. We all applauded when they brought back the 2 point conversion. Why? because it is reflective of the game we all grew up playing/loving in Pop Warner, High School, and College and it makes the game more competitive.

I believe the NFL should enforce the chuck rule as it has been written and has recently decided to enforce. However, the spotting the ball where the DB committed the foul is foolish and not consistant with the football rules at all other levels. Holding whether defensive of offensive should be a 10 penalty and replay the down. Pass interference offensive or defensive should be penalized as a 15 yard penalty.

I have never felt it is right for a team to heave a pass downfield with the basic intention of drawing a 40 yard penalty. I think the game would become more competitive if this rule was amended to reflect my points.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
    Disagree. In college, defensive backs (Ahmad "Bannister Owns Me" Carroll was famous for it) exploit the rule by grabbing receivers when they would have otherwise made a big play, i.e. an 80 yard touchdown, and instead just take the fifteen yards.

Defensive backs need to go back to playing like Jack Tatum. Make WR's fear to touch the ball. When they grab it, do it like Winfield does, and lower the freakin' boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Viqueens vs. Cards

To think Jack Tatum would have to give his whole paycheck to charity if he played today. The days of big spearing DBs are gone.

I think the rule brings some equity to the defensive game. The offense has all the breaks. QB protection, setting picks (which are illegal but, never called). If a big time reciever is open he should still score, no team wants a 15 yard penalty.

I guess I am old school and long for the days when a great game was 14-10. Maybe, I'm in the minority, but, I still think it's better for the game.

P.S. I didn't know Carroll was "famous" for pulling recievers down in college. I watched a fair amount of Arkansas football here in Dallas and never heard that mentioned about him once. I think your silly!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Viqueens vs. Cards

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    To think Jack Tatum would have to give his whole paycheck to charity if he played today. The days of big spearing DBs are gone.

I think the rule brings some equity to the defensive game. The offense has all the breaks. QB protection, setting picks (which are illegal but, never called). If a big time reciever is open he should still score, no team wants a 15 yard penalty.

I guess I am old school and long for the days when a great game was 14-10. Maybe, I'm in the minority, but, I still think it's better for the game.
    I agree about the low score, but it wasn't because of the pass interference rule, it's because people actually knew how to play defense.

Watch the Patriots this year, mark my words, they will NOT repeat, because Ty Law will have to learn to play defense.

Edit: Fair share of Arkansas games?

Tex, let's straighten this out right now. You're in denial.
    I was being silly about Carroll being slow, but then he got worked by Alex 'Fourth String WR" Bannister.

Now I'm being silly even though I saw just about every Razorback game last year.

Will I be silly when he leads the NFC north in pass interference penalties?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Viqueens vs. Cards

I wouldn't count the Patriots out yet. They are the Champions in my opinion stay there until beaten.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Viqueens vs. Cards

I just think you're "tripp'in on Carroll. And why? because he wears Green and Gold. That's fine if that's where it begins and ends. I understand.

But, if you really think you can base assesments of Carroll off that game, training camp reports,etc. You got yours and I got mine. I don't think the guy should be pronounced dead. That's Silly!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678