Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Viqueens vs. Cards

I don't think the Vikes played all that bad, even our starters. I mean it's pre-season. They aren't going to give it there all. I think all they really wanted to do was run a couple plays and then connect with a deep pass. So, I'm all for giving Elling all the practice shots he needs in the pre-season anyways.

In response to the Culpepper comment. I'm glad you hope he has a 110 QB rating all year. So do I.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Viqueens vs. Cards

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    #1 offense vs. a #2 defense... TD... whoo hoo theres something to be proud of!!! Sad

Whats worse, and it shows how much of a moron Tice is, is that its the second quarter of the FIRST preseason game and his starters are still in.... when are you guys going to rid yourself of him!
    As much as I hate to say this, I agree with part of this. He should have taken the starters out earlier. I don't know why they were still in. I don't think we need to get rid of Tice though. That would be stupid considering he's a pretty decent coach.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Viqueens vs. Cards

"magicci" wrote:
    Lesnar seemed a bit slow also

I really don't think lesnar is right for the DT spot. He seems better suited for a DE. He runs a 4.70 40 and that is kind of wasted at DT. He was really pushed around by their crappy O-lineman. He has a long way to go, and hopefully he gets to play some DE, because I think he would be a better DE. He needs to work on getting off blockers.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Viqueens vs. Cards

I think it was a good idea to get keep our starters in. I think we need to score, we needed to get that deep ball. We needed to do something as a first team offense. I know its only Pre-season, and injuries are an unneccesary risk. But this is getting us ready for the season.

It's like when I warm up before league bowling. After I bowl a few strikes, I'm ready. But I wouldn't think about going into a serious game before I had.

It's also helps their mindset for the rest of camp and practices. I'd be in a better mood going back to practice after scoring, then after doing nothing. Even if it doesn't matter.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Bohunk is offline Rookie

Viqueens vs. Cards

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    #1 offense vs. a #2 defense... TD... whoo hoo theres something to be proud of!!! Sad

Whats worse, and it shows how much of a moron Tice is, is that its the second quarter of the FIRST preseason game and his starters are still in.... when are you guys going to rid yourself of him!
    You're really scared of Tice aren't ya? Why would you want us to get rid of someone who's such a 'moron'? What you're really saying is that Tice and Co is going to OWN the pack for the foreseeable future! Might as well jump on the bandwagon and go with a winner! That winner is Minnesota!

:king:
    dbf64b1d65031b99310426160b8ebbfb

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Viqueens vs. Cards

Packman, BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!!!! :cheers:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Viqueens vs. Cards

Tice kept his starters in through the second quarter in order to let them work through their first game jitters. Yeah, their first three drives were pretty bad, but as soon as they relaxed they were able to drive and score.
    The preseason(especially the first game)isn't about the starters anyways. It's about the second and third string players and how they will handle themselves on the field, some for the first time.
    Give it a rest Hacker fans, if the Vikes go 4-0 in the preseason you'll say it doesn't matter, if they don't win another game you'll say their season is over. What matters is they don't suffer any devastating injuries and can roll into the regs healthy. If they can do that then they sould have a great season.

Football is here...SKOL Vikings!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Viqueens vs. Cards

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Yeah- while I'd like your offense to look this bad all year (especially how bad Daunte played) I am well aware its only preseason. I fully expect the Pack to lay an egg Monday night too...

Your concern is Brian Williams... when the coach comes over to console a player- its never good....

How exactly did Daunte play badly. 8 of 10, 108 yards and a TD. I think those were his stats, I'll take that for about a quarter and a half!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Viqueens vs. Cards

and one int.... But still very good, Lets see how favre does.........(he he)

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

Viqueens vs. Cards

Are the Packers even going to play Farve tonight? I have heard on the local news channels that he may not even play. Just wondering if anybody can confirm this?
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast