Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Viqueens biggest problem

I'm not posting this as a Packer fan, but rather as a general comment. I don't see the Vikings biggest problem in talent whatsoever. No one will deny you that you have probably came close to equalling the Packers in the talent pool, with the exception of QB. You have surpassed at WR.

My thought is this. The difference is coaching. I think the Vikings COULD be 11-5 this year and make a run, PROVIDED they don't lose 2 games in a row. This about last year. They were 6-0 and then lost to the Giants, no big deal right. Then you lose to the Packers ATHOME. Ouch. You should have been able to get out of that funk. Instead, Tice threatens with fear and throws a chair. YIPPPEEE its the 60's again! I don't see any changes in attitude from last year. I live near Duluth, so I get both Packer and Viking coverage. While the Viking coverage is optimistic, and overly so, they give no reasons why this team will not self destruct like last year. the same pieces are in place for it to happen again. In fact, there may even be a hangover.

Please don't flame. Im curious what you think. I say 11-5 for the Vikes, IF they don't lose two in a row. If they lose 2-3 in a row, I say 9-7 tops.
    3 Straight Division Champs

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Viqueens biggest problem

You wish, 12- 4 and thats only because we are playing a tough schedule. I think we have passed the Packers in talent, and right now I would take Pepper over Favre as QB (I would take the favre of 7- 8 years ago over pepper).

And there is a big change in our D's attitude and talent, I feel sorry for the QB's that have to face these guys.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Viqueens biggest problem

Packmaxii this is indeed a good point or question for last years team but as you rightly said this years team has good talent I tend to agree with whack in that it did surpass the packers in that area, i say that in age differants, quickness and new blood with new technquies.

As they are a young group of talent some with just one or two years under their belt or fresh out of the draft their are some old timers and of course a good coaching staff who are molding a team that will back each other up and be there with team support that is a TICE thing.

Again like Whack said I would not like to be a QB or RB having to face the new Purple People Eaters II, the secondary will make the QB and WR really think about going airborne and when they do Katie bar the doors,

From what I have heard in the Central Division three of the four teams are rebuilding Vikings, Lions and Bears why have we not heard about the Pack? any way because of this I would guess to say in about two years this division will be known as the black and blue division again.

And Packmaxii we would never flame you just because your a true Packer fan one of those folks who wear green and gold and walk around with a slice of cheese on their head

No we would not flame you beacuse you cheer for one of the oldest most decorated distinguished football teams in NFL history along side the Bear's but look just look at the Bears now that might be the Pack if they don't do something quick.

We are tring to get you to see the light..the Vikings are the team of the 21st century not the early 20th century, you could change your handle to VIKEMAXXXII no problem...anyway enjoy the season, thanks for the post
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Viqueens biggest problem

I think we will do better this year at bouncing back after a loss but I see packmans point as well. You can see it on their faces they just get down and they get in a fog and that carries over into the next game and the next if they can avoid that this year it will be a good year. The one that really needs to overcome it is Daunte. You can just see when he kind of gets that look that his play is going to suffer and that seems to carry over to the whole team but I have faith this year that they will do a better job of not letting the losses affect them in a negative way as much.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Viqueens biggest problem

I do think the problem is solved. Not fully, but solved enough. The team is confident in their ability. We have the veterans who have been in ditches before, we have rookies with good attitudes, and we have key players to make big plays and pump up the team. The team is much more emotional now after the AZ game last year, they are running off of much more than talent, they are seeking revenge for last year, and revenge is not achieved by going 6-0, so this year they will not stop at that. There is a difference between fighting jsut to win (last year) and fighting with emotion ( this year).

Plus we are getting new attitudes that the team needs. Like from Udeze, I love that guy. There are all these new little prick kids entering the draft who get all mad if they arent drafted in the first 10 or dont get paid a huge signing bonus. I have heard Udeze talk about his getting drafted by the Vikings and he is so thrilled taht ANY team picked him up. He sees it as a privilage to be on ANY team, he has jsut the kind of attitude i think all sports players should have. I am sick of all the "Eli Mannings" in the draft, I partially wish the chargers would have kept him and argued with him and his agent about stuff all year just to keep him from what he wanted. That would be a bad move for the chargers, but hey, its the chargers, they do stuff like that to themselves.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Viqueens biggest problem

If you didn't want people to flame perhaps you shouldn't have started the thread with "Vikqueens"

So in light of that.

First of all ,Packman you an idiot, second of all.....
    No that pretty much covers it.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Viqueens biggest problem

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    If you didn't want people to flame perhaps you shouldn't have started the thread with "Vikqueens"

So in light of that.

First of all ,Packman you an idiot, second of all.....
    No that pretty much covers it.

hahaha, good call
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Viqueens biggest problem

Well as I am eternally optimistic and set myself up for heartache year after year. I will state that I think that we have fixed a lot of our issues this off season. So, I'll go on record stating that I don't think we will choke this year. However, with the history of our team.... it won't necessarily suprise me if we do!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Viqueens biggest problem

We have probably came close to equalling the packers in talent? R u kidding we have surpassed u. Especailly on defense the only position u may have on us is the LB's and i just say that becasue we are very young and inexperienced, not so much EJ as Thomas. But by the end of the year that could change real quick, our secondary is way better than yours especailly since u dont have the monkey guy. Our DL, well lets not even go there u know whats coming.

Now on offense u guys are pretty good but we are better and more explosive we have more weapons. Culpepper is getting better each year making better decisions and quicker decisions. Bennett is healthy and will be a 1400 yard runner at least, O Smith will be suspended for 4 games, we still have Moe and we drafted the shifty pass catching RB from Tulane. U guys have a good RB core especailly Green the guy is awesome i would love to have him but i wouldnt trade the vikes RB's for the packs, we just have to much depth. WR well u have already admited. TE's Jimmy's the man enough said not only is he a great blocker but he has a great set of hands, Bubba has nothing on Jimmy just look up the stats they dont lie. The O Lines are about the same the vikings had a Overall run per game average, and they give C Pepp all the time he could ask for when he's throwing the ball. The vikings O line is asked to do a lot and a lot they do.

Now if Cotrell can get that defense palying together as a unit and the offense does there thing we could be real scary. But your right if we cant fix the self destruction problem we will be in trouble but our talent will put us in the playoffs, if we dont have any melt downs we are superbowl bound for sure and sky high over the slackers.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Viqueens biggest problem

Yeah Udeze is a specail guy and i'm glad to have him and i'm sure the packers new 3rd round Punter is happy to, hell i would if i was drafted in the 3rd round as a punter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast