Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vincent Jackson talk

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I bet rice is pissed if we pay another reciever big bucks.
    I think Rice would love to have VJ sign a nice contract. then he says what about me, I want some of that love. The bigger the VJ contract the bigger the Rice contract would probably be his train of thought.

If I was in his shoes that is how I would think.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Than Rice should have had the surgery in the offseason so he is inline for his big contract. As it stands now, one year of great stats does not qualify for big contract. He needs to be on the field, and prove he is worth that contract.

Didn't Berrian have just one great year? How well is that working out for us?
    Actually Berrian had his best year after he signed with us.

Rice could have held out and got either traded or paid. Much like Vincent Jackson is doing.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

jmcdon00 wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Than Rice should have had the surgery in the offseason so he is inline for his big contract. As it stands now, one year of great stats does not qualify for big contract. He needs to be on the field, and prove he is worth that contract.

Rice could have held out and got either traded or paid. Much like Vincent Jackson is doing.
    Kind of hard to force a payday or trade when your banged up and requiring surgery isn't it?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance but why wouldn't he become a free agent if he sits out?
    If you don't play, you don't accrue service time. So - for example - if you need 5 seasons to be an Unrestricted FA vs. a Restricted FA, you don't get a season added to your total.

Same for contract. If he doesn't fulfill the terms of this contract, he's not freed from it. It still holds.

He's basically frozen.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Kind of hard to force a payday or trade when your banged up and requiring surgery isn't it?
    Vjack was out with a suspension and it hasn't stopped him from seeking a contract. And if Rice wasn't on the field they wouldn't have known about the injury.
    Squeaky wheels get the oil.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Vjack was out with a suspension and it hasn't stopped him from seeking a contract. And if Rice wasn't on the field they wouldn't have known about the injury.
    I'm not following you. You think Rice would have passed the physical required for a trade to go through with that hip issue? Absolutely not gonna happen. No way he could have forced a trade. Had he had the surgery earlier, and not been a dumbass about it, then yes... He absolutely could have sat out/forced a trade, etc...basically what NDVikingsfan was saying, I believe.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

I'm not following you. You think Rice would have passed the physical required for a trade to go through with that hip issue? Absolutely not gonna happen. No way he could have forced a trade. Had he had the surgery earlier, and not been a dumbass about it, then yes... He absolutely could have sat out/forced a trade, etc...basically what NDVikingsfan was saying, I believe.
    Before he knew he needed surgery Rice signed his tenure and reported to camp. If he had held out the Vikings likely would have offered him more money.
    I really don't think Rice thought he needed surgery at that point.
    Your right though it would have been tough to trade an injured rice. Of course traded a suspended player isn't much easier.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I'm thinking part of the reason the Vikings would make the very unwise choice of selling their future to save the present is that they see this as their last chance to have a big year and get a new stadium based on that.

The wiser choice would be to try to get a good offensive lineman for pass protection and build for the future by bringing in Joe Webb for some playing time to see if he can be our next QB.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:
    I'm thinking part of the reason the Vikings would make the very unwise choice of selling their future to save the present is that they see this as their last chance to have a big year and get a new stadium based on that.

The wiser choice would be to try to get a good offensive lineman for pass protection and build for the future by bringing in Joe Webb for some playing time to see if he can be our next QB.
    It's little early to be throwing in the towel. We've lost two close games to two pretty good teams. imho. The season doesn't even really start until you play a couple games in the division.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I agree.

We'll have a fun season. It could be more fun with Webb.

But check the schedule. The teams we play are not just strong, most of them are surging right now.

I say we win seven the way things look right now.

AND.....this IS Favre's last year.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast