Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vincent Jackson talk

You can't say something like that and just leave it at that
    Say something like what?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

V4L wrote:
    You can't say something like that and just leave it at that and not have someone ask you what you mean by it
    Haven't you seen the pattern yet, V4L?

He makes a comment - typically one that's unsupportable - then when called on it he retreats into circular logic...like saying"I didn't say that" when he clearly did, then redefining what he MEANT by what he said so as to make it YOUR fault for misinterpreting what he obviously never intended to mean...

...in short, he can alter the intent of any comment at will so as to make it YOUR fault for the misinterpretation.

Bottom line, it doesn't do you any good to quote him, call him out, refute him, or disprove anything he says because - by HIS rules - he never says anything that can be refuted, disproven, or contested...because he will simply redefine what he said, or ignore any and all contradictory evidence.

If C Mac, VikingsTW, and BSmithBErkley had a love child, Infidel would be it...

Caine

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Caine wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    You can't say something like that and just leave it at that and not have someone ask you what you mean by it

He makes a comment - typically one that's unsupportable - then when called on it he retreats into circular logic...like saying"I didn't say that" when he clearly did, then redefining what he MEANT by what he said so as to make it YOUR fault for misinterpreting what he obviously never intended to mean...

...in short, he can alter the intent of any comment at will so as to make it YOUR fault for the misinterpretation.

Bottom line, it doesn't do you any good to quote him, call him out, refute him, or disprove anything he says because - by HIS rules - he never says anything that can be refuted, disproven, or contested...because he will simply redefine what he said, or ignore any and all contradictory evidence.

Caine
    lmao, +1000

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    V4L wrote:

Caine

Hahahaahaha

I was thinking that was probably the case

Thought I was in the twilight zone with this nutcase

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Whiners.

Here's what really happens and it's quite simple.

A few people are a little insecure (probably a justified and chronic condition) so they intentionally misconstrue statements and try to do a "gotcha."

Misquoting and paraphrasing things is the only way they can find to feel better about themselves.

And, for those few people who really ARE honestly confused......remember that written communication is always tricky, so it's wise to check and see what a person really was saying before you go on a vendetta.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

V4L

Infidel wrote:
    Whiners.

A few people are a little insecure (probably a justified and chronic condition) so they intentionally misconstrue statements and try to do a "gotcha."

Misquoting and paraphrasing things is the only way they can find to feel better about themselves.

And, for those few people who really ARE honestly confused......remember that written communication is always tricky, so it's wise to check and see what a person really was saying before you go on a vendetta.

I read what everyone said

How can we do better then we have? Gimme some examples

Is it that hard? Be real

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    Whiners.

Pot calling the kettle black here, huh?

The "I gotcha" (notice the word "I") referred to understanding what you were saying (albeit sarcarstic). Not taking it out of context to mean I caught you doing something or saying something you shouldn't have.

This is one example of you twisting something and trying to prove a point.

V4L

ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Whiners.

Pot calling the kettle black here, huh?

The "I gotcha" (notice the word "I") referred to understanding what you were saying (albeit sarcarstic). Not taking it out of context to mean I caught you doing something or saying something you shouldn't have.

This is one example of you twisting something and trying to prove a point.

+1

Child please is what he gets

I couldn't believe this BS he was spittin n no one was around to catch it earlier

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Infidel wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I don't think infidel was saying that we don't make good draft picks. Marr said that not all of our draft picks make the team, and the infidel said that if we do make good picks, they will make the team. It doesn't look like a statement of not making good picks, but more of a matter of fact statement that we don't have to worry about draft picks not making the team if we have good picks. Which of course is a ridiculous statement because no team ever has all of their draft picks make the team. Especially one so deep as us.
    Correct.

Thanks.

It seems odd to have to thank someone for being able to read and comprehend.....but those must be rare abilities around here.

And comments like those.... are not how you get people to like you on here. This reminds me of when bs was posting on the Ray Edwards topic. Which BTW, was a very fun topic to read.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

midgensa wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Well, that's that.

Someone lock this thread.

=Z=
    Yep ... it would appear nothing happened at this point.

Per Jeremy Fowler at Pioneer Press:
    Neil Schwartz told me teams that negotiated for Vincent Jackson have made inroads for potential 2011 deal. Vikings obv one of those teams
    We still have a a good year or so left for discussion.
    Lol ... except that he will ALREADY be a free agent.

He is GOING to sign the tender for the last six games so he can hit the market.

Anyone saying he isn't is flat out bluffing. He wants to hit the market ASAP ... and the only way to do that is by signing for the final six games.
    Watch the Chargers hit him with the Franchise Tag for next year to get two picks out of him.

Of course this all depends on CBA or lockout etc

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast