Vikingupdate: Grading the game

Minnesota vs Seattle

PASSING OFFENSE: B-minus
    RUSHING OFFENSE: B
    PASS DEFENSE: B-minus
    RUSH DEFENSE: A-minus
    SPECIAL TEAMS: B
    COACHING: B

Since they have a subscription service I didnt want to cut and paste the entire article...but here are their post game grades.

Passing offense - B minus....I agree....Childress showed a willingness to pass the ball once the run was established.
    Marcus had a few nice receptions (including the 40 yard TD) but the offense still seems to be looking for explosion out of ANY receiver...it just isnt there.

Rushing offense - B Grade??
    I know that 95 of the yards came in one play....but the Vikes were smashing Seattle in the mouth with the run all day.
    Only a VERY FEW run plays went for negative yards.
    I would give them an "A" for the day.

Pass Defense - B minus.... Other than the JACKSON TD, where someone obviously missed an assignment, I thought the pass defense played a very nice game...I think they had 3 interceptions and only gave up yardage late because Seattle was in a must throw situation.
    I would give them a solid B....and it would have been an A without the Jackson TD.

Run Defense - A minus....
    Another grade that I would have given a solid A to.
    Not sure where the minus comes from in their grading.
    Take away one run of 20+ yards in the first half and the Vikes come up with ANOTHER Lion like performance.
    Williams and Williams ROCK!

Special Teams - B...
    I guess I agree with this one since Longwell did push a ball right.
    Other than that, I thought the specials teams were very solid.
    Bethal WILL be an asset to this team as a returner.

Coaching - B....
    Im not sure what Childress needs to do to earn an A in this grading game....
    He brought the team in prepared to play and win in a hostile environment.
    He established the run, openned up the passing game a bit, used a trick play (moore pass to wiggens)....all in his 6th game as an NFL coach.
    I give the coach an A for this effort.

I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikingupdate: Grading the game

Vike fan man 2000

Viking Update does not like us posting their reports you should give a quick overview of the article and only post the link!

The post that you made above should be alter to list the link, and then delete the actual article that you have posted.

Sorry but they are a pain.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I hate to say it and piss of the coaching staff haters, but depending on how the rest of the season goes, BC may have a shot at coach of the year. Way too early to say but I have seen his name tossed around in many articles with Scott linehan and co. for the award.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I have to agree with vikefan on the grading.
    I have to agree with Del Rio on the coach. Childress has totally reshaped this team. Hiring Tomlin may be enough to get him coach of the year.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Vike fan man 2000

Viking Update does not like us posting their reports you should give a quick overview of the article and only post the link!

The post that you made above should be alter to list the link, and then delete the actual article that you have posted.

Sorry but they are a pain.
    I did not reproduce their article at all.
    The only thing I did was retype their grades.... all of the other filler was my opinion vs their grade.
    In fact the very first thing I said was that because they are a subscription service, I didnt think it would be cool to copy and paste their material....so I didnt.
    I didnt post the link to the article, because I didnt want to give non-subscribers a direct link to a pay article.

Hopefully I did this the right way by referencing their grades, but not using any of their insite of how they came up with their grades.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Del Rio Guest

I'm not sure on this one. I do not see how it is a copyright infringement. Hard to say, traditionally we do not allow anything from VU's pay service to show up here. You didn't copy and paste, so I do not see how this is an issue.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I think if you add a link and give credit to the article's origin and writer you are ok since it isn't the full article.

As for the grades, I would agree for the most part except on the coaching grade.
    The passing defense has been a bit inconsistant, imo.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    I hate to say it and piss of the coaching staff haters, but depending on how the rest of the season goes, BC may have a shot at coach of the year. Way too early to say but I have seen his name tossed around in many articles with Scott linehan and co. for the award.
    How does anyone but Sean Payton lead the way right now for that award?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

We could always just use MLA citations for articles.
    Do plagarism laws really extend to message boards?

Childress and his offense looked good for the first time this season so I think it's a little premature to even mention his name in COY company.
    If the award were handed out today Sean Payton would have to win it but Tom Coughlin, Lovie Smith, and Jim Mora Jr. all deserve props as well.

I like a lot of things about Childress.
    I like that makes some gutsy calls and I like it when he does call an aggressive game.
    I also think he can develop talent well, I just don't know if he knows how to use it on the field all that great.
    I also don't like his stubborness.
    The jury is still out for me on him and although so far I'm leaning against liking him.
    The problem is that you can't really judge a coach on one year, especially his first year.

I guess Vikings Update is a group of tough graders and an A is the 97-100% range.
    The rush defense gave up one run of any significane and made the Seahawks one dimensional.
    The pass defense could be given a B- I suppose.
    They gave up a lot of third passes early in the game and of course the long one to Jackson.
    I'd give them a B.

Chester Taylor averaged over 6 yards per carry and when that happens I think the rush offense deserves an A.
    Without the 95 yarder Taylor averaged about 3 yards a carry but it's unfair to take that play off when analyzing the run defense for obvious reasons.
    I would give these guys an A+. B is way too low.

Our pss offense wasn't great because our WRs dropped some balls.
    Brad probably reached his ceiling or was pretty close to it this game with very little mistakes.
    He made one play - the TD to Marcus Robinson where he pump faked the defender off.
    I would give them a B.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i love the coachin staff but most of mike tomlin his great.. i think hell be a great head coach somewhere... his so young to