"VikingsTw" wrote:
“I like Sidney,” Berrian said. “I notice one thing is that he loves the game. I can see that in him. He’s always running around, playing catch. … Today we broke our little individual meetings and he and I stayed in and watched film and made sure we finished it. It’s just little things like that, you can tell how he wants to get better.”

Great thing about Coach Childress and Spielman is there abilty to target and draft players that love the game of football. Guys like Ben Leber, Ray Edwards, Tarvaris Jackson, Brian Robison, Jared Allen, Tyrell Johnson, Chad Greenway all absolutly love to play football and you must have that in your locker room to be a champion.

I think Sidney is gonna be a great player for years to come. He has great athletic ability and the way he can jump and out-do a defender should not be underestamated, he elevates and reaches the ball at its highest point very well, this is very difficult for any defender. It's somewhat Moss like without the attitude, I just wish he had his speed but speed isn't everything. I think its very exiting to have a guy as young as Rice willing to spend extra time in the study room. He's age 21, he's only gonna get stronger and better, bright future for this young man.
You know when we drafted Rice last year I called my brother whom I go to training camp every year with and said I am going to get his Jersey and his autograph this year.....
He blew me off and next thing you know I am buying the jersey at the camp and getting it auto'd.....
I just have and had this feeling that this kid will be somehting special for years to come.

Great read.