Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings young WRs stepping up

[size=13pt]Young WRs stepping up[/size]

Posted by Don Seeholzer on May 30, 2008 8:13 AM
    blogs.twincities.com

Today is the first of four days off for the Vikings, but Bernard Berrian said earlier this week that quarterback Tarvaris Jackson isn’t the only player who has impressed him during off-season workouts.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings young WRs stepping up

“I don’t see them thinking nearly as much as probably they did last year,” Childress said. “Therefore, I think when you don’t have to think, you can just go and your God-given athletic ability has a chance to come out. You can really read some subtleties of what’s going on on the other side as opposed to thinking about what you’re supposed to be doing, reacting to what’s happening on the other side.”
    Nothing like not having to think.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    “I don’t see them thinking nearly as much as probably they did last year,” Childress said. “Therefore, I think when you don’t have to think, you can just go and your God-given athletic ability has a chance to come out. You can really read some subtleties of what’s going on on the other side as opposed to thinking about what you’re supposed to be doing, reacting to what’s happening on the other side.”
    Nothing like not having to think.
    They should be running slants while changing the songs on their i-pods.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

“I like Sidney,” Berrian said. “I notice one thing is that he loves the game. I can see that in him. He’s always running around, playing catch. … Today we broke our little individual meetings and he and I stayed in and watched film and made sure we finished it. It’s just little things like that, you can tell how he wants to get better.”

Great thing about Coach Childress and Spielman is there abilty to target and draft players that love the game of football. Guys like Ben Leber, Ray Edwards, Tarvaris Jackson, Brian Robison, Jared Allen, Tyrell Johnson, Chad Greenway all absolutly love to play football and you must have that in your locker room to be a champion.

I think Sidney is gonna be a great player for years to come. He has great athletic ability and the way he can jump and out-do a defender should not be underestamated, he elevates and reaches the ball at its highest point very well, this is very difficult for any defender. It's somewhat Moss like without the attitude, I just wish he had his speed but speed isn't everything. I think its very exiting to have a guy as young as Rice willing to spend extra time in the study room. He's age 21, he's only gonna get stronger and better, bright future for this young man.

vikingsblitz is offline Training Camp

It's good to hear that the young WRs are getting more into the groove of things. I especially like hearing what Berrian has said about Rice. If TJ can get the ball to him, the kid can be a playmaker for us. For once, we might actually get to enjoy a passing game this season which we've been lacking for a few years now.
    We come from the land of the ice and snow...crying Valhalla, I am coming!

Check out Vikings Blitz and feel the rush!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The team’s new No. 1 receiver also likes what he’s seen of Sidney Rice, who has a chance to move into a starting role in his second season.
    This is going to get Marrdro going......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    The team’s new No. 1 receiver also likes what he’s seen of Sidney Rice, who has a chance to move into a starting role in his second season.
    This is going to get Marrdro going......
    Who the fuck is this guy anyways?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

nothing really new in that article that we havn't read elsewhere.
    can't wait to see what they've got tho

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I do like these receivers. Don't get me wrong. I really think that Rice has massive upside and is going to break out this year. Berrian will be good, not great. Wade will be decent as a slot receiver. We still have a "need" at tight end. Our QB situation is about as "settled" as the Iraqi government right now... :

... it is just... as a Vikings fan.... as much as I want to like this package we now have... I am so used to Moss... Carter.... better tight ends... a better passing game.

Maybe I am just spoiled, but I can't get too pumped up just yet.

Talk to me in October, though...

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I do like these receivers. Don't get me wrong. I really think that Rice has massive upside and is going to break out this year. Berrian will be good, not great. Wade will be decent as a slot receiver. We still have a "need" at tight end. Our QB situation is about as "settled" as the Iraqi government right now... :

... it is just... as a Vikings fan.... as much as I want to like this package we now have... I am so used to Moss... Carter.... better tight ends... a better passing game.

Maybe I am just spoiled, but I can't get too pumped up just yet.

Talk to me in October, though...
    you're still not past that? living in the past much?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast