Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings - You ask and I try to answer

[size=13pt]You ask and I try to answer[/size]

May 30th, 2008 – 11:35 AM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

As promised here is a Friday edition of the Access Vikings Q&A. We’ll start trying to do this on a more frequent basis. First up, Akvikesfan.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings - You ask and I try to answer

Q. Will the state legislators and governor let the Vikings slip out of Minnesota or will the stadium issue get resolved next spring? - Matthew Svendsen

A. Wish I had an answer on this one.
    i bet so does everyone else in minnesota
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Visanthe Shiancoe, who had a disappointing first season with the Vikings after being signed as a free agent, made some nice catches over the middle but struggled to hold onto the ball at times after running shorter patterns. On Wednesday, I had him with three drops.
    Not good. What are the chances of landing Travis Beckum next year?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I know Sidney Rice had a solid rookie season and led the Vikings with four touchdown catches, but I think he also could be in for a very good year. Rice has added about 8 pounds to his 6-4 frame. The thing about Rice is he’s the anti-Troy Williamson. Williamson just never looked comfortable attempting to catch the ball. Rice, on the other hand, often makes catching passes look easy. The Vikings decision to take Rice in the second round of the 2007 draft over USC’s Dwayne Jarrett should continue to look very good this season.
    Soooo happy to read that!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Visanthe Shiancoe, who had a disappointing first season with the Vikings after being signed as a free agent, made some nice catches over the middle but struggled to hold onto the ball at times after running shorter patterns. On Wednesday, I had him with three drops.
    Don't tell Marr this. He think Shank will suddenly get a hands transplant and turn into Gates.
    The guy cannot catch!!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Don't tell Marr this. He think Shank will suddenly get a hands transplant and turn into Gates.
    The guy cannot catch!!!!
    I would have to argue that, I've seen Shanc make some impressive catches since being here in Minny, he had a couple drops on National Telivision for everyone to see and people feel he's complete garbage, granted thats a bad time to drop a pass I'll give him another year, he also fumbled his only ball away in that same game. His best games were with Holcomb at QB. This tells me Tarvaris needs to get better at utilizing the TE.

I read somwhere that he had 3 drops in OTA's in a hurry, I don't like this but I also don't know how solid the source is. IMO he's a very sound blocker and he's our biggest threat at TE. We must feel somewhat comfortable with what we have, not one TE was brought in this offseason.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Q. Would the Vikings sign punter Todd Sauerbrun? He could be great in a dome. - John Lauritsen

Some people evidently don't think before speaking (or writing)...as Marr would say, what a yutz.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    The guy cannot catch!!!!
    Could be that the FO sees some good things in the teams young tight ends. Good hands in that group.

I would have to argue that, I've seen Shanc make some impressive catches since being here in Minny, he had a couple drops on National Telivision for everyone to see and people feel he's complete garbage, granted thats a bad time to drop a pass I'll give him another year, he also fumbled his only ball away in that same game. His best games were with Holcomb at QB. This tells me Tarvaris needs to get better at utilizing the TE.

I read somwhere that he had 3 drops in OTA's in a hurry, I don't like this but I also don't know how solid the source is. IMO he's a very sound blocker and he's our biggest threat at TE. We must feel somewhat comfortable with what we have, not one TE was brought in this offseason.
    Could be that the fo sees good things out of the young te's. Good hands in that group.
    Tuco the world.....

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    The guy cannot catch!!!!

Just because we "feel comfortabel" doesn't make him good. He is a decnt athletic TE who is solid at blocking. He has suspect hands and i predict we will see that more this year. I've known he sucked before his time on this team. I watch Giants games : (

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    The guy cannot catch!!!!

Just because we "feel comfortabel" doesn't make him good. He is a decnt athletic TE who is solid at blocking. He has suspect hands and i predict we will see that more this year. I've known he sucked before his time on this team. I watch Giants games : (
    I believe he dropped more passes than twill last year. That's saying something.
    (sorry no link).

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast