COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings WR Williamson briefly knocked out

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SEATTLE -- Minnesota starting wide receiver Troy Williamson is expected to play next week despite leaving Sunday's 31-13 win over Seattle in the first quarter with a concussion that briefly left him unconscious.

A leaping Williamson was hit in the chest with two hands by Ken Hamlin and spun around while trying to catch a long pass from Brad Johnson on the Vikings' second drive. Williamson's head banged off the turf as he landed. He was face down on the ground for a moment while trainers rushed onto the field.

A few minutes later, Williamson jogged to the sideline with his helmet off.

"It just took me a minute to get myself back," Williamson said after the game. "I came out of the game and my head was hurting, so they didn't want to put me back out there and get hit again.

"I was out for like 10 seconds maybe - at least that's what they told me - and then that was that."

Vikings coach Brad Childress said he expects Williamson to play in next Sunday night's home game against New England.

advertising
    "He does know what time zone we're in right now, and he can read a clock. So he's going to be OK," Childress said.

The second-year veteran was Minnesota's leading receiver with 18 catches for 256 yards through five games.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings WR Williamson briefly knocked out

"COJOMAY" wrote:

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SEATTLE -- Minnesota starting wide receiver Troy Williamson is expected to play next week despite leaving Sunday's 31-13 win over Seattle in the first quarter with a concussion that briefly left him unconscious.

A leaping Williamson was hit in the chest with two hands by Ken Hamlin and spun around while trying to catch a long pass from Brad Johnson on the Vikings' second drive. Williamson's head banged off the turf as he landed. He was face down on the ground for a moment while trainers rushed onto the field.

A few minutes later, Williamson jogged to the sideline with his helmet off.

"It just took me a minute to get myself back," Williamson said after the game. "I came out of the game and my head was hurting, so they didn't want to put me back out there and get hit again.

"I was out for like 10 seconds maybe - at least that's what they told me - and then that was that."

Vikings coach Brad Childress said he expects Williamson to play in next Sunday night's home game against New England.

advertising
    "He does know what time zone we're in right now, and he can read a clock. So he's going to be OK," Childress said.

The second-year veteran was Minnesota's leading receiver with 18 catches for 256 yards through five games.

Thats what I was telling my friends, they were all saying how they thought he hurt his shoulder, but I noticed the way he was lying down looked like he just went limp.

It reminded me of the way dudes get knocked out in the UFC.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

TWill got knocked out. He got JACKED UP! I hope he is okay and plays when it's safe to do so.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    TWill got knocked out. He is got JACKED UP! I hope he is okay and plays when it's safe to do so.
    Oh goody we get to hear about it from loud mouth Burman tomarrow night.
    :

that is so sad! i was wondering where he was cuz i missed the whole first quarter thanks to the packers game taking forever. they didnt start the vikes game till the pack one was over so yea. i hope he is ok!
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson