Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings would be team hit hardest by lockout

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090382
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090371
    Would have you signed Vick? There is no way in hell the Ownership group was gonna OK bringing in a dog killer. No way.
    He did the time and paid his price. The league reinstated him so yes, I believe the FO could have signed him. I am not one who wanted him at QB but if the only choice was him or TJ then Vick wins in a landslide.
    You are correct. He did do his time and paid the price. Thats not the problem. The problem is MN Nice and the push for a stadium. No way in hell they sign him and still get support for the stadium last year.

Course I don't think anything they do will get that, but you can still see my point.

McNabb, going into last season I would have agreed with you on. Good thing the staff evaluated him better than us yutz fans as well as the Deadskin staff. No way in heck I would bring him in this year. His arm is dead.
    Or he needed to adjust to the system. I put that one out there for you to cut and paste as an excuse for Jackson over the next few years until he is out of the league.......
    Fair point, but if you really watched Dnabb last year you could see his arm isn't the same. He was just to far off with his throws to believe he isn't on the serious side of the end of a career.

Long story longer, they resigned Dnabb for a reason. So the could control were he goes/get compensation back for him. No way he is on the Deadskins this year.

They will entertain offers until right before the season then cut him. By then it will be way to late for an aging arm to come in and be productive.

To the Brees comment, most fans, like most teams, thought he was to big of a risk to take on because of his recent surgery. If the Vikes would have brought him in, most fans would have shit a brick.
    That is pure BS. I don't know of anyone who was even remotely concerned about his health. If that is a problem then what the hell chance does Jackson have of getting picked up considering he is made of glass?
    Pure BS?

Seriuosly, you think that when Brees hit the market there wasn't concerns over his surgery and how it healed?

You do remember thats why the Chargers went with the new kid and let Brees walk for nothing right.

Here is a quick article, but a google search will show alot more that are alot harder on the Saints for signing him.

"Drew was sufficiently impressed with the organization and the head coach in New Orleans," said Brees' agent, Tom Condon, referring to Payton. "New Orleans was also very comfortable with the risk-reward, based on his rehabilitation from the injury, and Miami didn't have that same level of comfort, so New Orleans made a lot of sense for us."
    Brees Agrees to Six year Deal

As I've said repeatedly on this site, the state of the NFL QB is really really bad. Are there a couple of exciting kids that have come out in that last 3 years or so? Sure, but they are few and far between. The Vets that are good, or were good at one time, are only getting worse over time.
    Actually I think the QB's in the league on average are very very good compared to the past. You view is just skewed from having your head up jackson's butt for 5 years. Some fresh air would change your perspective:woohoo:

Rothlisberger
    Manning
    Brady
    Rivers
    Ryan
    Rodgers
    Cutler
    Bradford
    Dirty Sanchez
    Cassell

That is a darn solid top ten list that would stack up well against any decade.
    First, why the "Head stuck up TJ's ass" comment. For the life of me I can't figure out why you are so hostile. Its football, not life or death.

Second, I agree, there are some really interesting kids out there. Problem is, there aren't enough and the number keeps getting smaller.

7 of the top 10 teams drafting this year need a starting QB. 7. That is a number that stacks up pretty high as well.

Of the QB's listed above, who do you think can actually lead a team and not mistakes during the game, to a point were he costs the team games?

I think if your honest with your analysis, that number will dwindle to 3.

rust me when I say this, but when teams are trading for the likes of Campbell and Whitehurst, QB's like TJ are gonna get serious looks.
    Well, he certainly got plenty of run when he was put on waivers last year.....

He probably will get a look as a reserve. He might even get a shot on a team that is going nowhere to start but only because he is going in the same direction.
    Yea right. Guys like Dumervill were crap as well cause no teams went after him last year.

Truth of the matter is there was no effort to go after any teams FA's because the owners agreed to do it that way. Hard to prove mind you, but the players are putting together some sort of case that tracks along that train of thought.

Don't take that last part of my comment wrong. I am not, nor have I ever said (what you contend) that TJ is the next greatest thing to football. All I am saying is that he has gotten better each and every year. After sitting behind the Noodle, and watching how the WCO should really be run (2009), and seeing that his best progression came when he sat behind Ferrotte and watched, I can't help but think he is finally NFL ready.

What you think and what others know are 2 very different things. Tell us exactly what he is ready for and how that is going to translate on the field. What great leaps in ability have you seen that nobody else on the staff or that evaluate talent in the NFL have? Please, spell it out.
    Of course what I think is just that, what I think based on what I've seen over time. But I'm not sure were the "Others Know" falls. Who knows?

Besides, I've done it numerous times. Search the database.

If I can see that, I'm sure there is a team out there that needs a QB, that will see it that way as well. Truth of the matter is, (back to the state of the QB), there will probably be several teams that will look at him, again, not that he is great, but because there is nothing better out there.
    I am sure your phone is going to be ringing any day. Funny, you ask me if I am some sort of QB guru, which I have never claimed to be. Then you go out and make a statement that because you see something that there will also be a team somewhere who see it the same way. Kinda hypocritical isn't it?
    Why is it hypocritical? I'm not saying I'm some sort of guru. All I'm trying to do is to tell you my side. You, on the other hand, seem to be very very very pissy about the whole thing.

Again, no right, no wrong. ITS A FRICKEN discussion. No one, atleast not me, is trying to be hypocritical here.

I have a opinion. You have a opinion. I can see your side. Hell, I've even been on your side long before you showed up. I've just seen enough that I think he is finally ready to start.

Again, that doesn't mean he isn't gonna make mistakes. I just think he is ready enough to minimize those mistakes.

Marc Bulger (UFA) - Baltimore
    David Carr (UFA) - San Francisco
    Kerry Collins (UFA) - Tennessee
    Todd Collins (UFA) - Chicago
    Brodie Croyle (UFA) - Kansas City
    Trent Edwards (UFA) - Jacksonville
    Rex Grossman (UFA) - Washington
    Matt Hasselbeck (UFA) - Seattle
    Peyton Manning (UFA) - Indianapolis
    Luke McCown (UFA) - Jacksonville

Not many. That, IMHO, is why your gonna see teams put an emphasis on building a team instead of looking for a QB.
    I believe that I bolded 9 that I would take over Jackson and in the draft there are another 5-6 that would be on my list ahead of him. Then you can throw in guys like Kolb, McNabb,Tebow etc that might be available via trade and I just don't see his door getting busted down in the rush.
    Now we are getting someplace. Something tangeble out of you that I can see.

Bulger. Interesting. Makes me wonder how much he has in the tank seeings how the Rams moved on to a rookie. Still, might be worth a look.

Carr. Please. He was on the 49rs roster last year when all the other QB's sucked. He had a chance and instead they brought in a guy off the streets that wasn't even in camp.

Collins. I think he will be a Titan next year. They have no other option.

Collins, Croyle, Edwards. Haven't they had just as many chances as TJ? I did rate Brody pretty high when he came out. Not so much now. Again, when you look at the body of work that they have put up against TJ's and factor in that he knows the scheme, I would take TJ over them.

Grossman will not be available. The Deadskins are gonna go with him.

Hassleback is another interesting option but I wonder about his health. I would have to see how the new blocking scheme will jive with the movement required by the QB in this scheme.

Again, kindof an apples and oranges thing when you compare him with TJ. Kindof makes the "Time in the System" variable override Matt as a possible option. Still, he is interesting.

No way Peyton isn't a Colt. Not an option.

Luke just signed with the Dolphins I think.

On a side note. Try to relax a bit and have some fun. Again, this isnt' life and death or anything. Its a discussion page. I have an opinion, you have an opinion kindof thing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You are correct. He did do his time and paid the price. Thats not the problem. The problem is MN Nice and the push for a stadium. No way in hell they sign him and still get support for the stadium last year.

Course I don't think anything they do will get that, but you can still see my point.
    Link? Do you have an actual press release stating that the FO would not sign him? Nope, sorry my friend you have no evidence that was the case.

Fair point, but if you really watched Dnabb last year you could see his arm isn't the same. He was just to far off with his throws to believe he isn't on the serious side of the end of a career.

Long story longer, they resigned Dnabb for a reason. So the could control were he goes/get compensation back for him. No way he is on the Deadskins this year.

They will entertain offers until right before the season then cut him. By then it will be way to late for an aging arm to come in and be productive.
    He was in a new system with new players. How do you jnow that he just wasn't on the same page with the WR's yet? It is just as likely they were running the wrong route.

Pure BS?

Seriuosly, you think that when Brees hit the market there wasn't concerns over his surgery and how it healed?

You do remember thats why the Chargers went with the new kid and let Brees walk for nothing right.

Here is a quick article, but a google search will show alot more that are alot harder on the Saints for signing him.
    Of course teams needed to use due diligence. They let Brees go because Rivers was a prototype for their scheme and he was cheaper so they let Drew walk. Very unusual circumstance for sure but they did have a replacement ready to go.

In the end you do not know that fans would have been pissed by the team signing him. If any were initially it would have lasted only one or two preseason games before that was over.

First, why the "Head stuck up TJ's ass" comment. For the life of me I can't figure out why you are so hostile. Its football, not life or death.
    Hostile? I am giving you crap. I can't paste a smiley after every sentence for gods sake.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Second, I agree, there are some really interesting kids out there. Problem is, there aren't enough and the number keeps getting smaller.

7 of the top 10 teams drafting this year need a starting QB. 7. That is a number that stacks up pretty high as well.
    There are always 7-10 teams at the bottom that need QB's. It has never been any different than that.

Of the QB's listed above, who do you think can actually lead a team and not mistakes during the game, to a point were he costs the team games?

Even the remaining 3 will make mistakes that will lose games so that question is moot.All of them are stars or emerging stars in the league and they would improve any team that doesn't have a QB on that list.
    Why is it hypocritical? I'm not saying I'm some sort of guru. All I'm trying to do is to tell you my side. You, on the other hand, seem to be very very very pissy about the whole thing.

Again, no right, no wrong. ITS A FRICKEN discussion. No one, atleast not me, is trying to be hypocritical here.

I have a opinion. You have a opinion. I can see your side. Hell, I've even been on your side long before you showed up. I've just seen enough that I think he is finally ready to start.

Again, that doesn't mean he isn't gonna make mistakes. I just think he is ready enough to minimize those mistakes.
    Again, sorry about not pasting enough smilies into my post. I am far from pissy and actually get many chuckles when posting on these threads. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    On a side note. Try to relax a bit and have some fun. Again, this isnt' life and death or anything. Its a discussion page. I have an opinion, you have an opinion kindof thing.
    Oh I am relaxed, you are just reading too much into it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090423

Link? Do you have an actual press release stating that the FO would not sign him? Nope, sorry my friend you have no evidence that was the case.
    I lived in MN for the first 20 or so years of my life. Trust me when I tell you that there would have been a major PR nightmare if they would have signed Vick. Not from football fans mind you, although there would have been some, but rather the voting public.

Besides, its a discussion point based on my opinion. Why do I need proof? Unless of course WEbby has changed the site to a "Debate Site".

He was in a new system with new players. How do you jnow that he just wasn't on the same page with the WR's yet? It is just as likely they were running the wrong route.
    In some instances there were the WR's fault. In others you could see that Dnabb (going with the ball) and the WR (running his route) were on the same page.

Heck, I can't remember how many times I saw Dnabb tap his chest (my fault) this year. It happened alot. It got so bad that at one point the local TV station ran a clip of him doing it in the nightly news.

Pure BS?

Of course teams needed to use due diligence. They let Brees go because Rivers was a prototype for their scheme and he was cheaper so they let Drew walk. Very unusual circumstance for sure but they did have a replacement ready to go.

In the end you do not know that fans would have been pissed by the team signing him. If any were initially it would have lasted only one or two preseason games before that was over.
    Agree, but it would have been hectic until those two preseason games were over.

In the end, I think the whole "Brees as a viable option" doesn't work because the timing just didn't support getting him in for our docs to look at him.

Could we have got him though? Sure and I give EJ this one, but with the caveat that I don't think it was a reasonable option.

Hostile? I am giving you crap. I can't paste a smiley after every sentence for gods sake.
    OK, I can live with that. Just need to get used to you a bit more I guess.

Not one to cast stones, I readily admit that my attempts at humor really suck.

In the end, no need for alot of smileys. They make it to damn hard to reply to all your damn quotes. :laugh:

There are always 7-10 teams at the bottom that need QB's. It has never been any different than that.
    Yea but thats just the top 10. How many teams need a starting QB this year. Well over half either need one now, or will need one next year.

Thats pretty bad to say when you look at it.

Over half the teams, in a QB driven league, don't have QB's. WOW.

Even the remaining 3 will make mistakes that will lose games so that question is moot.All of them are stars or emerging stars in the league and they would improve any team that doesn't have a QB on that list.
    But the mistakes happen so few and far between they don't, in most instances, cost teams games.

Right now I can come up with the following QB's that I put in that catagory (see my other post on criteria)

Peyton
    Brady
    Brees
    Rodgers (I think he really emerged this year)
    Schaub (Maybe)

Teams that I think are set, but still need for thier QB's to grow a bit...

Giants
    Ravens
    Iggles (I like what Mike has done but worry about his ability to stay healthy)
    Falcons
    Chargers
    Bores
    Rams

Leaves over half the league. Who, right now today, is gonna fix those other teams?

Again, sorry about not pasting enough smilies into my post. I am far from pissy and actually get many chuckles when posting on these threads.
    Oh I am relaxed, you are just reading too much into it

Again, I can live with that. My apologies. I will try to have a bit thicker skin when I read your posts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Another opinion on this that paints a slightly rosier picture. Vikings are #5 on the list.

Link
    None

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234