Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Well it could be worse if you look at what happen to the Bills in Dec 2008 they lost a home game to play indoors in Toronto, they had to play a divisional rival as Miami came north but the fins did have to face the outdoor elements. The Steelers are even in our conference much less our own division.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    When you cut thru the crap though, he has a point about this costing us a home game that people are blowing off as no big deal.

We won only 3 of 8 road games last year while winning 7 home games. Losing a home game in London could potentially cost us a playoff shot with only 7 real home games.

It wouldn't be as bad if this was an away game for us.
    That would actually be a great benefit. If we played the Steelers game in the dome and played the Seahawks game in London I think our chances of making the playoffs go up significantly.
    If the league really wanted to be fair the Vikings should get a road game on a neutral field in a season to come(and the steelers should lose a home game ect.)
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 04-23-2013 at 10:43 AM.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    This.

If the stadium deal had been done in a more timely fashion instead of waiting until the lease was up, I don't think that London would have been an option. But that is how Minnesota likes to do it... they did the same thing with the Twins.

C'est la vie. It is what it is. I will admit, as a season ticket holder I didn't mind getting a 10% break in my tickets this year.
    Sometimes I think you work PR for the Vikings.
    And my season tickets went from
    $29*10games=$290 divided by 8 meaningful games = $36.25 per ticket
    $31*9games=$279 divided by 7 meaningful games = $39.86 per ticket
    My cost went up by 10% a ticket this year. And those preseason games are more worthless than usual this year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    My cost went up by 10% a ticket this year. And those preseason games are more worthless than usual this year.
    lol. That WOULD be a cool job, but no. (Although the director of PR and I went to the same college)

I agree, the preseason games are especially worthless this year. And yes, cost per ticket went up, but overall cost went down, even in your case. Although for the cheaper seats this cost break was less.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Maybe they should have only played preseason games in London.

Probably would have still sold out. You would have then paid $34.88 per ticket per meaningful game & the Vikings still would have 8 "home" games.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Well it could be worse if you look at what happen to the Bills in Dec 2008 they lost a home game to play indoors in Toronto, they had to play a divisional rival as Miami came north but the fins did have to face the outdoor elements. The Steelers are even in our conference much less our own division.
    Then there was the 2005 Saints who lost the Superdome & played all their home games in different stadiums & finished their season 3-13.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234