Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    On the bright side of this being a Vikings home game in London;

    At least this one is a sellout.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Come September Powers will be in London taking it all in and forgetting what a whiny princess he was when he wrote this.
    Powers will still find something to whine about, trust me. He will start complaining that you drive on the wrong side of the road or call your fries 'chips' or something else stupid like that. All of his articles are negative spin articles.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Powers will still find something to whine about, trust me. He will start complaining that you drive on the wrong side of the road or call your fries 'chips' or something else stupid like that. All of his articles are negative spin articles.
    When you cut thru the crap though, he has a point about this costing us a home game that people are blowing off as no big deal.

    We won only 3 of 8 road games last year while winning 7 home games. Losing a home game in London could potentially cost us a playoff shot with only 7 real home games.

    It wouldn't be as bad if this was an away game for us.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Vikings would rather make money than playoffs

    The team we play has to travel just like us. If we prepare better then we should be able to win it. It's the game after I am more worried about.

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The team we play has to travel just like us. If we prepare better then we should be able to win it. It's the game after I am more worried about.
    They do, but they also have 8 home games they are playing in Pittsburg. This is an away game for them.

    We are playing only 7 in Minneapolis.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,781
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    When you cut thru the crap though, he has a point about this costing us a home game that people are blowing off as no big deal.

    We won only 3 of 8 road games last year while winning 7 home games. Losing a home game in London could potentially cost us a playoff shot with only 7 real home games.

    It wouldn't be as bad if this was an away game for us.
    Without doubt we are losing homefield advantage as the crowd in London is going to be spread across all fanbases and solely Vikes fans - though given the amount of Steelers fans I've seen for their road games then it may not be a huge difference.
    This issue has been the sticking point and probably why it has been harder to get the 'golden teams' of the league to travel. This was a reason why the league wanted to go to an 18 game season, so that all teams played two IS games and so didn't give up a home game.
    Depending on how the game goes this year then I wouldn't be surprised to see Zygi want to come back again next year but possibly as the road team.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Without doubt we are losing homefield advantage as the crowd in London is going to be spread across all fanbases and solely Vikes fans - though given the amount of Steelers fans I've seen for their road games then it may not be a huge difference.
    This issue has been the sticking point and probably why it has been harder to get the 'golden teams' of the league to travel. This was a reason why the league wanted to go to an 18 game season, so that all teams played two IS games and so didn't give up a home game.
    Depending on how the game goes this year then I wouldn't be surprised to see Zygi want to come back again next year but possibly as the road team.
    Another good thing about the London game is that you won't have to travel across the ocean to see your beloved team play.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,781
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Another good thing about the London game is that you won't have to travel across the ocean to see your beloved team play.
    Well ordinarily that would be true however I'll be watching at home on the TV as Sharon wouldn't be able to manage the day there with her illness. Still one plus with the game is that the satellite channel is running a programme called "Inside The Vikings" every fortnight between now and the game. So we are getting to see classic games not seen on UK TV before plus interviews with players and organisation figures etc. The first two weeks have had the '76 playoff game against the Redskins and the '78 regular season game against the Eagles. Been a good opportunity to see old school players playing at the Met, hopefully I'll have enough space on my Tivo box to keep them all
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #29
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    They do, but they also have 8 home games they are playing in Pittsburg. This is an away game for them.

    We are playing only 7 in Minneapolis.
    Well the NFL did have to cut the Steelers a break, they didn't make the playoffs last year, they lost some key free agents and signing Emmanuel Sanders one year 2.5 mill deal eat up their 2 mill in cap room and they have an exViking coach as their head coach


    The Vikings will be fine but the city of Minneapolis does get screwed by not getting all those Steeler fans that follow them and I bet if there was a new house for the Vikings to move into when the dome lease was up they wouldn't be lossing a home game for the next decade

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    The Vikings will be fine but the city of Minneapolis does get screwed by not getting all those Steeler fans that follow them and I bet if there was a new house for the Vikings to move into when the dome lease was up they wouldn't be lossing a home game for the next decade
    This.

    If the stadium deal had been done in a more timely fashion instead of waiting until the lease was up, I don't think that London would have been an option. But that is how Minnesota likes to do it... they did the same thing with the Twins.

    C'est la vie. It is what it is. I will admit, as a season ticket holder I didn't mind getting a 10% break in my tickets this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •