Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings would rather make money than playoffs

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Ummm? Wow, he's taking that a bit personal, eh!??

I definitely sucks that it counts as our "home" game, because it is very obviously a long ways down a tough road to travel, but it is still only one game and missed from a shitty, 30 year old, worn out stadium. I was under the impression that the NFL is pushing this on all teams, so, it might be better to get our share out of the way for awhile Before The New Stadium is built...assuming, it is built.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Ummm? Taking it a little personal there don't ya think!?

Sure, its obviously turned a home game into a tough road game, but its only 1 game and missed from a shitty, worn-out, 30 year old stadium. I was under the impression that this was going to get pushed on all of the NFL, so, we may as well get our share out of the way for awhile before the new stadium opens.

Also, as a business, the more they succeed, the more willing they'll most likely be to continue reinvesting...as in spending to the cap and signing those big ticket Free Agents that so many are begging for.

Huh, funny thought...I've been watching the Vikings series, so its hard to think we'd get any English folk rooting for our team!?!?!??? HaaaaaaaaaHaaa!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I pretty much agree with Tom Powers, the team is putting profit ahead of winning. I don't really blame them, but I would(and most fans and players) would prefer they put winning first.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings would rather make money than playoffs

If they had ever in the past 30 plus years focused on winning like they did on their constant desire for a new stadium we would have won a SB by now.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Revenue sharing seems to render a number of teams into contentment with failure.
    NFL ownership is primarily a business investment. Success isn't always measured in Lombardi trophys, which is unfortunate for fans.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Powers is an idiot. I can't ever remember him writing a positive column about the Vikings, so this is just something else that he has decided to complain about.

Maybe if the Vikings weren't the bottom two or three teams for revenue generation every year since the Wilfs bought the team (and before that for several years too), Wilf wouldn't have been so accommodating to host a game in London.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    For any game in England, the home team should be an East Coast team, as it is much easier for their fans to attend. New York or New England would be good choices.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    For any game in England, the home team should be an East Coast team, as it is much easier for their fans to attend. New York or New England would be good choices.
    I don't know if it is any easier for east coast fans to attend than anyone else to be honest.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    I'm with NP.. That was a shitty article. Reminds me of Souhan or Reusse. What has happened to sports writers in this town? Powers was never this bad, was he? I don't ever recall a whining, negative article to this extent from him, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, not sure what the point was, except to bitch about the PR move to tease the uniforms (far better job Jacksonville or Miami have done, BTW) and to whine about the home game in London. Sorry to the season ticket holders here.. but this is actually a good move for the Viking brand. Lets bring in more fans globally. More fans = more awesomesauce. And money, too, but awesomesauce is awesome when you have a wider, GLOBAL fanbase to share it with.

Whatever. Things out of our control are kinda pointless to complain about.. especially at the level Powers took it.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast