Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Vikings working on plan for publicly owned stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1082925
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1082921
    one thing is that the HHH dome might not even be a viable place now

    sorry no link but Chris Kluwe twittered yesterday that the snow was collapsing the domes roof.

    no link cause i saw it over my phone.

    i put it here because of the stadium issue plus the fact that the dome is still current house of our beloved Vikings
    The roof is supposed to collapse if there's too much snow on it.

    =Z=
    And buildings are supposed to fall down with high winds.

  2. #42
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings working on plan for publicly owned stadium

    marshallvike" #1083072]

    PF, yes a lot of those permanent jobs will be transfers, not new jobs. How many of those jobs will the state retain when the Vikings move, which they will if the people of Minnesota don't get off their keisters and get the stadium done?
    Yes, that is a concern. The point is at what point is it counterproductive to prop up jobs with state money? And considering there is a projected 6 Billion dollar deficit projected already, just how do you propose to obtain the money needed to get it built?



    I am not sure what point you are trying to make about adjusting the revenue projections. Are you trying to say it is not worth creating new jobs because those jobs have to be paid for?
    As stated above, at some point the cost of doing that becomes higher than the gains. I don't know what that point is but from the data provided there is no way to find out. If there is indeed a net gain then I am fine with doing it. Unlike some supporters I am just looking for the numbers to work out and not just jumping on any plan put forward with blind faith.

    Erinn is right, the jobs created by a school research facility will be filled by interns. If, and that is a big if, they come up with something marketable, there is not much chance the jobs are going to be created in the state. They will more likely be created in India, Mexico or some other developing country where a corp can maximize their return, not the USA.
    You mean like:

    Medtronic
    ATK
    3M
    Ecolab
    Mosaic
    Xcel
    Hormel
    United Health
    St Jude medical


    Yeah, I can see your point. Those companies and others like them would never bring any benefit to the state like the Vikings do. Good point.

    The state needs to put up the money. If they do not, the Vikings will move. Are the stadium opponents that foolish up there? If the construction industry up there is anything like it is here in the Chicago region, there is somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of any trades labor force on the bench. Building the stadium NOW will put a large number of those people back to work. That will certainly help bridge the gap to the next upward construction cycle. The workers will also have more money to spend in the state. Something I have not seen mentioned yet is the amount of unemployment benefit money the state would save by putting those people back to work. This would create a huge number of jobs for the trades and that is enough of a reason to do it now.
    Minnesota has lost the Lakers, the North Stars, came damn close to losing the Twins a few years back, and will lose the Vikings. Man up Minnesota.


    So how many stadiums are they building for you guys in Chicago to spur the local economy? maybe we should build 10-20 per metro region to get the economy on track then huh?

    Lower tax rates and reduced government debt is what the private sector needs to spur the economy, not increased public debt and higher taxes but that is not something to debate here.

    PF, I use the term you in reference to all stadium opponents, not you personally.
    When did I ever say I was opposed to a stadium? I have repeatedly said that I would like a new stadium if the plan they put together was fiscally sound and if the state didn't have to bear too much of the burden. I guess some just don't care whether the plan is sound as long as it gets built. just put it up and worry about the cost later.

  3. #43
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: Vikings working on plan for publicly owned stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1082925
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1082921
    one thing is that the HHH dome might not even be a viable place now

    sorry no link but Chris Kluwe twittered yesterday that the snow was collapsing the domes roof.

    no link cause i saw it over my phone.

    i put it here because of the stadium issue plus the fact that the dome is still current house of our beloved Vikings
    The roof is supposed to collapse if there's too much snow on it.

    =Z=

    Huh?:huh:
    The roof is supposed to collapse with too much snow? In Minnesota? Not much snow up there. might as well have the potential to kill huge numbers of people by building a structure with a collapsible roof.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  4. #44
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings working on plan for publicly owned stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1083079
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1082925
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1082921
    one thing is that the HHH dome might not even be a viable place now

    sorry no link but Chris Kluwe twittered yesterday that the snow was collapsing the domes roof.

    no link cause i saw it over my phone.

    i put it here because of the stadium issue plus the fact that the dome is still current house of our beloved Vikings
    The roof is supposed to collapse if there's too much snow on it.

    Huh?:huh:
    The roof is supposed to collapse with too much snow? In Minnesota? Not much snow up there. might as well have the potential to kill huge numbers of people by building a structure with a collapsible roof.
    Just quoting something I had heard on the news this morning (Fox9).

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #45
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Vikings working on plan for publicly owned stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1083083
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1083079
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1082925
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1082921
    one thing is that the HHH dome might not even be a viable place now

    sorry no link but Chris Kluwe twittered yesterday that the snow was collapsing the domes roof.

    no link cause i saw it over my phone.

    i put it here because of the stadium issue plus the fact that the dome is still current house of our beloved Vikings
    The roof is supposed to collapse if there's too much snow on it.

    Huh?:huh:
    The roof is supposed to collapse with too much snow? In Minnesota? Not much snow up there. might as well have the potential to kill huge numbers of people by building a structure with a collapsible roof.
    Just quoting something I had heard on the news this morning (Fox9).

    =Z=
    You'd better find a link Mr Perfect.

    That's what you tell people who "hear" things.

    I have also heard Elvis is alive and there are Aliens at Area 51.

  6. #46
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: Vikings working on plan for publicly owned stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1083078
    marshallvike" #1083072]

    PF, yes a lot of those permanent jobs will be transfers, not new jobs. How many of those jobs will the state retain when the Vikings move, which they will if the people of Minnesota don't get off their keisters and get the stadium done?
    Yes, that is a concern. The point is at what point is it counterproductive to prop up jobs with state money? And considering there is a projected 6 Billion dollar deficit projected already, just how do you propose to obtain the money needed to get it built?



    I am not sure what point you are trying to make about adjusting the revenue projections. Are you trying to say it is not worth creating new jobs because those jobs have to be paid for?
    As stated above, at some point the cost of doing that becomes higher than the gains. I don't know what that point is but from the data provided there is no way to find out. If there is indeed a net gain then I am fine with doing it. Unlike some supporters I am just looking for the numbers to work out and not just jumping on any plan put forward with blind faith.

    Erinn is right, the jobs created by a school research facility will be filled by interns. If, and that is a big if, they come up with something marketable, there is not much chance the jobs are going to be created in the state. They will more likely be created in India, Mexico or some other developing country where a corp can maximize their return, not the USA.
    You mean like:

    Medtronic
    ATK
    3M
    Ecolab
    Mosaic
    Xcel
    Hormel
    United Health
    St Jude medical


    Yeah, I can see your point. Those companies and others like them would never bring any benefit to the state like the Vikings do. Good point.

    The state needs to put up the money. If they do not, the Vikings will move. Are the stadium opponents that foolish up there? If the construction industry up there is anything like it is here in the Chicago region, there is somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of any trades labor force on the bench. Building the stadium NOW will put a large number of those people back to work. That will certainly help bridge the gap to the next upward construction cycle. The workers will also have more money to spend in the state. Something I have not seen mentioned yet is the amount of unemployment benefit money the state would save by putting those people back to work. This would create a huge number of jobs for the trades and that is enough of a reason to do it now.
    Minnesota has lost the Lakers, the North Stars, came damn close to losing the Twins a few years back, and will lose the Vikings. Man up Minnesota.


    So how many stadiums are they building for you guys in Chicago to spur the local economy? maybe we should build 10-20 per metro region to get the economy on track then huh?

    Lower tax rates and reduced government debt is what the private sector needs to spur the economy, not increased public debt and higher taxes but that is not something to debate here.

    PF, I use the term you in reference to all stadium opponents, not you personally.
    When did I ever say I was opposed to a stadium? I have repeatedly said that I would like a new stadium if the plan they put together was fiscally sound and if the state didn't have to bear too much of the burden. I guess some just don't care whether the plan is sound as long as it gets built. just put it up and worry about the cost later.
    No team here is in danger of leaving if a stadium isn't built.
    The Sox threatened years ago, so a stadium was built for them. Soldier Field was renovated a few years ago with public money. There is very little construction going on here now.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  7. #47
    ILLvike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    78

    Re: Vikings working on plan for publicly owned stadium

    Hey just a thought on the stadium funding: does Minnesota do specialized license plates? If there isn't already a Vikings plate out there, perhaps issue them, say charge $30 more than a regular plate (thats what IL does) and then put the difference into a stadium fund- that way its optional money, and a continuing source of revenue. Thoughts?
    None

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. allow more publicly owned teams
    By Reverend Conehead in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 03:31 PM
  2. Stadium commission spins Vikings plan around the state
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 10:21 PM
  3. A damper on Vikings stadium plan in Blaine
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 12:47 PM
  4. The First Stadium To Be Publicly-Financed?
    By Benet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
  5. Vikings, Anoka County ready to announce stadium plan
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 05:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •