Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    "HEY" wrote:
    You got to be kidding me! I seriously thought this was a joke.

    Kluwe is a good punter... no I take that back. He's a great punter!
    What are your criteria for a great punter?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Its a stunt is all it is. He is trying to make Kluwe into the scapegoat. Its rediculous.

    As someone said on KFAN, "Why didn't we bring any TEs to work out? Kluwe is a better Punter than Shiancoe is a TE."

    And seriously, if we're bringing in punters to work out after this, why has our answer to QB been Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte and Kelly Holcomb?



    Shank has actually been playing well since Gus came in, so that is a bad argument.
    Wrong.

    Shiancoe has not always played well. The argument is why didn't we bring any TE's to work out when Shiancoe was not playing well?

    So, not a bad argument at all.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    You know, the more I read about this, the more I hate Childress. Blaming one guy when 10 others failed to do their job. I'm sure Kluwe tried to do his job. But the ball doesn't always bounce the way you want it to. Childress is taking out his frustrations of being a lousy coach on his players and that's just not right.
    I am starting to agree with you. Not because I think Childress is trying to throw anyone under the bus, but because by this point in the season players should have been evaluated. He's watched Klue punt for a couple of years now and if he didn't like what he saw he should have made a move earlier, before the games started. Same with Tjack, all off season he says Tjacks the guy and then 2 games into the season he changes his mind? WTF?
    I agree completely here.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    "happy" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Its a stunt is all it is. He is trying to make Kluwe into the scapegoat. Its rediculous.

    As someone said on KFAN, "Why didn't we bring any TEs to work out? Kluwe is a better Punter than Shiancoe is a TE."

    And seriously, if we're bringing in punters to work out after this, why has our answer to QB been Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte and Kelly Holcomb?



    Shank has actually been playing well since Gus came in, so that is a bad argument.
    Wrong.

    Shiancoe has not always played well. The argument is why didn't we bring any TE's to work out when Shiancoe was not playing well? All of a sudden the punter has a bad game and we are reevaluating his performance?

    So, not a bad argument at all.
    You are assuming that he only had one bad game.
    Pretty sure our punting is in the bottom two or three of the league.

    Plus, there are a lot more serviceable punters out there than serviceable TEs.
    Who exactly did you want him to bring in.
    And since Shank (and all the WRs) are catching more balls and having fewer drops with Gus than TJ, I am starting to think that the problem wasn't necessarily Shank...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    Okay. Shiancoe has one bad season and his job wasn't in question.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  6. #26
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    I am assuming since we're bringing in punters to work out we are also bringing in some backup LBs and DBs to work out for special teams, right?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  7. #27
    Brewtal's Avatar
    Brewtal is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    Why don't we have tryouts for a new head coach as well?

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    "happy" wrote:
    Okay. Shiancoe has one bad season and his job wasn't in question.
    If the problem turns out to be TJ and not Shank, then thank goodness that his job wasn't in question...

    Besides, you are using circular logic:

    Kluwe cannot do the job.
    But neither can Shank, and his job isn't in question, so why is Kluwe's?
    That is like saying "My car needs new tires and an oil change.
    I can't afford the new tires, so I am not going to change the oil either."

    One has nothing to do with the other.
    What does Shank's performance have to do with Kluwe's?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    "happy" wrote:
    I am assuming since we're bringing in punters to work out we are also bringing in some backup LBs and DBs to work out for special teams, right?
    Yes, it's called the practice squad, and we have had them all season.
    You see, there are no punters on the practice squad, so the only option is to bring some in for try outs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings work out 4 punters today ...

    "Brewtal" wrote:
    Why don't we have tryouts for a new head coach as well?
    Hopefully we will.
    But what would make Childress suck worse?
    If he makes a change when players don't perform, or if he doesn't...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Big layoffs at work today...
    By NodakPaul in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
  2. Plenty of Punters Are Looking for Work
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
  3. Vikings working out punters & placekickers
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 09:05 AM
  4. Three quarterbacks are brought in to work out today
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 02:20 AM
  5. Today is my last day at work !!!
    By mnjamie in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 12:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •