Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings won't practice this week

I was talking with my brother this morning, and thought that they should have most of the week off. Send them home with some film of themselves fucking up.

There's no sense in preparing when you don't know who or what to prepare for. At this point all we can do is improve introspectively.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Really doesn't upset me because we don't even know who we face yet. And won't till next Sunday. Let them rest and heal, thats what I would do also.

At this point, Chilly knows the players and team as a whole, he knows way more than any one of us, what is best for the team right now.

I have faith in the coaches and players, that they will be ready to take the field and win, come our next game.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Divine Roos is offline Waterboy

While it doesn't upset me a whole lot, I do think a week is too much. The bye is a definitely an advantage because of the seeding and time off, however, I have been cautious about the possibility of the bye for a few weeks now for a couple of reasons...

1) The Vikes have a history of fucking off in their free time and losing focus. What we absolutely DO NOT need is another 100 mph speeding ticket or much worse... some drunk driving/ boating/ sex scandal shit...

2) Why not just a few days instead of a week? Give the players a few days to visit family etc., and then get them back in with the team breaking down film, conditioning, and going over any fundamentals that have been lacking in the past month... we did not exactly 'coast' into the 2nd seed

anyways, so i disagree with the decision, but hopefully it works out. my two cents.
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It's not just about them going to see their families and do the things they want to do with time.

They need to heal. They're all beat up, broken down, sore. Even from just lifting weights your body gets worn down. Then you take a week off, and feel stronger than ever when you hit the gym again.

The bye week gives us a chance to get fresh legs and clear minds.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Just.
    Don't.
    Rent.
    A.
    Boat.

That is all

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Good. Let's rest up our troops and come out firing on all cylinders next week!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

somewhat of a sidethought.

Its seems Chilly has gotten more aggressive over the recent two weeks. From weeks 8-15, it seems we never did things like going for it on 4th down, etc. last game we did twice. Perhaps is that a hint of whats to come?

mainly, waht I`m getting at is the wildcat. We practiced it in TC, ran it early in the season, but never went back to it since. I wonder what`s up? are they saving it or just abandoning it? I think it can be effective, i especially owuld love to see it being run with TJ.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    No no, take the whole week off. Hell, I think they can even take a week and a half off.

Isn't like they haven't had problems getting ready for teams this year.
    Just didn't execute. We need this rest. Lots of nagging injuries.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Looks like the players are happy about the decision.

Players happy to have bye, rest
    I almost changed my mind when I saw this locker room when I came out here before I signed. I was like, 'What the? This is the NFL? This locker room?' Naw. They need some improvements, man. I like the Dome, but it needs some improvements.
    Ouch.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No no, take the whole week off. Hell, I think they can even take a week and a half off.

Isn't like they haven't had problems getting ready for teams this year.
    Just didn't execute. We need this rest. Lots of nagging injuries.
    So you send them home to heal?

Comeon guys, what better place to heal that under the orgainizations medical staff and trainers supervision?

And it isn't like cats like me want them out doing gassers or anything. Just want them reporting for work, breaking film down and focusing on the task at hand.

We are 3 weeks from the big dance. I don't think its to hard to comprehend why a few of us believe that the team should be there focusing on something that is damn hard to achieve.

Besides, taking alook at the injury report, I don't really see anything that can't be played through or can't get better before we play again that watching a bit of film and a few classroom sessions won't hurt.

Week 17 Injury Report

I sure hope some of the players act like the professionals they are and elect to stick around and work on thier issues, especially some of the younger cats like Jasper and Sanford. A week of extra film study sure won't hurt them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast