Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Believe it or not, that is a harder task than one would think. I hope they choose correct, but if not, I hope they have the wherewithal to change them as soon as it is apparent that they didn't.
    Another thing that they have change over the last few year in GB is the turf now has been Sythetically reinforced

Synthetically reinforced natural turf installed at Lambeau Field

That and the improved drainage and heating doesn't make it the mess that it could have been in the past of a clay bog or frozen hard cement. But it still has its own characteristics that you don't get in a nice warm dome with a newer field turf.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Another thing that they have change over the last few year in GB is the turf now has been Sythetically reinforced

Synthetically reinforced natural turf installed at Lambeau Field

That and the improved drainage and heating doesn't make it the mess that it could have been in the past of a clay bog or frozen hard cement. But it still has its own characteristics that you don't get in a nice warm dome with a newer field turf.

Very interesting. Didn't know that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Very interesting. Didn't know that.
    The sythetic fibers also have a terrible taste and cuts back on the amount of grazing the Packer cheerleaders do on the field surf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    The sythetic fibers also have a terrible taste and cuts back on the amount of grazing the Packer cheerleaders do on the field surf
    LOL, mountain dew on the monitor this time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If anything, you'd think they'd have Walsh attempting kicks in the cold elements.
    Why, so he can slip and hurt himself or bust a toe on a cold ball? It isn't like the balls he will be kicking will be laying on the ground just waiting to be kicked like they are in practice. The ones they use for games are taken care of a lot better and if I'm not mistaken, they are heated right up until the point they are actually going to be used.
    Kickers can be quoted saying that in the winter the balls are rock hard, there's a reason kickers don't attempt 60 yard field goals outside in December. Their body is colder, the ball doesn't have as much bounce. Walsh needs to get accustomed to kicking a frozen ball, his first ever time better not be when we're counting on him. Foot placement, slipping, technique can all change.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Playing in cold weather is not an advantage to anyone no matter how much you play in it. Ice is ice, wet is wet, slippery is slippery. Your fingers don't get less cold because you played a couple of games in cold weather. It really comes down to the equipment manager. If you are wearing the right stuff you play just as well as anyone else. It's about gloves, cleats, and staying warm on the side line so you are ready to go in. I understand they have heating tubes under Lamebo. As long as its not ice AP can make his cuts. Where its really cold is in the stands for the fans.
    Excellent post my friend.

Truth be told, with our ground game, and our zone defense, we should have a advantage over them.
    We obviously have an advantage in the run game, but the best weather teams are the ones who can pass in the cold, wet and wind. Running isn't affected nearly as much as throwing and catching. We need to cover well, not make mistakes throwing, and run as usual. If we can do that, we have a chance.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Just saw footage of the packers practice today on the NFL network. They were indoors and some were in shorts and short sleeves !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234