Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The ground would still be frozen, which is also dangerous. They use heaters at Lambeau to thaw the field before the game.
    I thought they had updated the field heating system and found this

The underground heating and drainage system was redone in 1997, with a system of pipes filled with a solution including antifreeze replacing the electric coils. After the 2006 season, the surface, heating, and drainage system was replaced
    LINK

I remember the talk about the second refit on the field because of a crown that was added in the center lower toward the sidelines for drainage and made the leap in the endzone more of a challenge. (causing Favre to think about retiring )

In 2006, the Green Bay Packers decided to renovate the "actual" field. However, this decision was not due to the field heating system, but the integrity and logistics of its age old construction. The field was completely removed down to the sub-grade including the field heat tubing, drainage, irrigation, and electrical systems. The areas within the field were graded to achieve one final elevation, thus removing the many sloped entrances and pathways within the bowl. This final elevation is actually nearly 12" lower than the previous installed field, making the famous "Lambeau Leap" a larger obstacle for some players.

The field received a new heating system located 10" below the surface. There is an estimated 30 miles of tubing that controls the heating of not only the field, but the camera path, players entrance, and trench drain. The system also received new boilers, pumps, valves and an updated controls system.
    LINK

I think they wanted to run Old Milwaukee beer in the pipes but it is too close to water and would freeze

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Playing in cold weather is not an advantage to anyone no matter how much you play in it. Ice is ice, wet is wet, slippery is slippery. Your fingers don't get less cold because you played a couple of games in cold weather. It really comes down to the equipment manager. If you are wearing the right stuff you play just as well as anyone else. It's about gloves, cleats, and staying warm on the side line so you are ready to go in. I understand they have heating tubes under Lamebo. As long as its not ice AP can make his cuts. Where its really cold is in the stands for the fans.

WWBGD

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call 40-45 cold. not warm, sure, but not cold.
    I didn't call it cold, I actually went out of my way to say it wasn't "frigid." Just making a correction.

You said "the coldest he's had to deal with was Maryland in November, which can be cold, but wasn't really at the time." Giving only presumed geographic and temporal information as it pertains to temperature, so I made a correction using the same information, presuming that Green Bay in December is colder than Maryland in November.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If anything, you'd think they'd have Walsh attempting kicks in the cold elements.
    Why, so he can slip and hurt himself or bust a toe on a cold ball? It isn't like the balls he will be kicking will be laying on the ground just waiting to be kicked like they are in practice. The ones they use for games are taken care of a lot better and if I'm not mistaken, they are heated right up until the point they are actually going to be used.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Playing in cold weather is not an advantage to anyone no matter how much you play in it. Ice is ice, wet is wet, slippery is slippery. Your fingers don't get less cold because you played a couple of games in cold weather. It really comes down to the equipment manager. If you are wearing the right stuff you play just as well as anyone else. It's about gloves, cleats, and staying warm on the side line so you are ready to go in. I understand they have heating tubes under Lamebo. As long as its not ice AP can make his cuts. Where its really cold is in the stands for the fans.
    Excellent post my friend.

Truth be told, with our ground game, and our zone defense, we should have a advantage over them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I feel like this would have been a 12 page thread a few years back.
    That yutz Marrdro has been absent and hasn't twisted things 5 ways from Sunday making it into a 12 page thread.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Excellent post my friend.

Truth be told, with our ground game, and our zone defense, we should have a advantage over them.
    If we pick the right cleats and don't slip and trip all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    If we pick the right cleats and don't slip and trip all over the place
    I hope to all that is holy, we (trainers/equipment crew) have had enough experience on that field that we should be able to pick the right cleats.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I hope to all that is holy, we (trainers/equipment crew) have had enough experience on that field that we should be able to pick the right cleats.
    Believe it or not, that is a harder task than one would think. I hope they choose correct, but if not, I hope they have the wherewithal to change them as soon as it is apparent that they didn't.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Believe it or not, that is a harder task than one would think. I hope they choose correct, but if not, I hope they have the wherewithal to change them as soon as it is apparent that they didn't.
    Oh I believe it. I'm just saying that based on history we should be pretty close with the pair they head out there with, and if it looks like they are still wrong, the back up pair they will have should be right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast